We took our favorite Tater Tot Casserole and added a Buffalo Chicken twist! Made with buffalo wing sauce, chicken, cheese & tater tots, this dinner’s packed with creamy, cheesy flavor!
What is buffalo chicken tater tot casserole?
It’s a fun and unique twist to a tater tot casserole you already know and love. With the basic ingredients of sour cream, condensed soup, tater tots, and cheese but then upgraded to include shredded chicken, buffalo wing sauce, ranch seasoning, and celery. Every bite is an experience that’s packed with flavor, creamy goodness, and a little kick of spice. It’s like a byproduct of tailgating and nostalgic comfort foods.
-Chicken: We will need 2 1/2 cups of cooked shredded chicken for this casserole. This is perfect for using up leftover chicken you may already have on hand.
-Sour cream: Using 1 1/2 cups of sour cream will give our casserole a creamier texture and a bit of a tangy texture.
-Ranch seasoning: With one tablespoon of dried ranch seasoning, our casserole will have plenty of spices to taste great.
-Cream of chicken: We want to use 1 can (10.5 ounce) of condensed cream of chicken soup. It’s perfect for helping to give us a creamy thick texture.
-Cheddar cheese: We want 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese to give us a cheesy flavor that pairs well with the other flavors in this dish.
-Tater tots: With 1 32 ounce bag of frozen tater tots you will have enough potato to fill the baking dish and make the meal filling.
-Celery: You will need 2 stalks of celery, diced to be scattered throughout the casserole for crunch and freshness.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and buffalo sauce until well mixed.
Spread the chicken mixture in the bottom of the baking dish into an even layer.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the chicken mixture.
Line the top of the casserole with frozen tater tots.
Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the tater tots and chicken have been cooked through. The tots should be slightly browned and crispy.
Garnish the top of the casserole with diced celery and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1 10.5 oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce used Franks Wing Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 32 oz bag of frozen tater tots
- 2 celery stalks diced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, sour cream, ranch seasoning, condensed chicken soup and buffalo sauce until well combined. Spread the chicken mixture evenly into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the chicken mixture. Line the top of the casserole with frozen tater tots. Place the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the tater tots are cooked and slightly browned and crispy.
- Garnish the top of the casserole with the diced celery and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Is buffalo chicken tater tot casserole a hot dish?
A hot dish is a meal that contains starch, meat, canned or frozen vegetables, and a canned soup. This dish is pretty close to being a hot dish but our celery is fresh and added on top after baking, which is the only major difference between the two.
How long is leftover chicken tater tot casserole good for?
You can keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. For best results, heat well before eating.
- SOFT & BUTTERY DINNER ROLLS
- EASY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE WITHOUT BUTTERMILK
- EASY BEEF & BROCCOLI
- EASY SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- RANCH CHICKEN BACON KABOBS
- HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF
- 30-MINUTE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- SHEET PAN SAUSAGE & PEPPERS
- BACON WRAPPED PORK LOIN FILET
- EASY BEEF BOURGUIGNON
- OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- MEXICAN CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
- TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE