Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe is a classic, creamy & delicious family dinner recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you too can make this mouth watering easy Beef Stroganoff dinner in no time at all.
I got this latest recipe from my grandparents’ family’s cook book titled, “The Ronnald Rose Family Favorite Recipes.” It is a very simple, but also a very delicious recipe.
As a kid, and even now, I did not like mushrooms. But the way this recipe cooks and tastes, I either did not notice them or didn’t care.
This beef stroganoff recipe was always a treat to have at my house growing up. I hope you enjoy this Rose family recipe as much as I have.
Ingredients needed to make Beef Stroganoff
This is the ingredients you’ll need to make beef stroganoff:
— Beef Round Steak
— Small Onion
— Cream of Mushroom Soup
— Sour Cream
— Egg Noodles: you can use homemade egg noodles if you’d like!!
How to make Beef Stroganoff Recipe
You will want to cut the beef round steak into small strips and chop the small onion. For this recipe I like to use a white onion. Place the beef round steak strips and chopped onion in a skillet with the butter.
Over medium heat, brown the steak strips. Add the cans of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix thoroughly and continue cooking over medium heat.
Once the mixture starts to simmer, cover the skillet, turn heat down to low and cook until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. While the ingredients are simmering, cook the egg noodles according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After everything is done cooking, pour the steak and soup mixture over the hot, buttered egg noodles and enjoy!
More recipes with Beef to try out:
- Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- Mini Cheddar Meatloaf recipe
- Homemade Cheddar Cheeseburgers
- Easy Garlic Butter Pan-Fried Steak
- Best Steak Marinade
- Easy Beef and Broccoli recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds Beef Round Steak
- 1 onion small
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz each
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 12 ounces Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Cut steak into small strips, approximately 1-1 ½ inches long. Chop the onion.
- Brown the steak and onions in a skillet with the butter over medium heat. Once browned, add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, until the mixture starts to simmer. Turn heat down to low, cover the skillet and continue simmering, for about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- While meat is simmering, cook the egg noodles according to manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Once done, pour the meat and soup mixture over hot, buttered egg noodles. Enjoy!!
Can I substitute a different meat in place of the steak?
Yes, I personally have only used ground beef as a substitute for the beef round steak. If you want, you could also use ground turkey or chicken. If using a ground meat, be sure to drain any excess grease, before adding the soup and sour cream, you would not want your sauce to get too runny. You can also use different cuts of beef but be careful with the cook times though. Different, leaner types of meat can take less time to cook. Be sure to keep an eye on the meat so it doesn’t over cook and become tough and chewy.
What side dishes do you recommend with beef stroganoff?
My family usually just serves this tasty dish over egg noodles. You can use rice instead of noodles if you prefer. If so desired, you can also serve this dish with a side of your family’s favorite fresh vegetable and garlic bread.
Can I freeze my leftover Beef Stroganoff?
Yes, you can freeze any leftovers you may have. I would advise freezing leftover noodles separately though. To freeze leftover steak and soup mixture, make sure it comes to room temperature before putting in an airtight plastic container or freezer bag.
If you try storing leftovers in an airtight container while still hot, condensation will form on the inside of the container, this can cause your leftovers to get freezer burnt.
You can keep your properly stored, leftover beef stroganoff in the freezer for a couple months. To reheat, thaw and then warm up over medium heat in a skillet. You can also keep any leftovers in your refrigerator for up to three days, as long as you store them in an air tight container.
This mouth watering Beef Stroganoff Recipe is simple to make and only takes a few ingredients. You and your family will love this delicious best stroganoff recipe.