Butterscotch Peanut Bars are a sweet and salty dessert that tastes absolutely amazing. These butterscotch candy bars are a perfect combination of chewy sweetness with the crunchy salted peanuts, it is simply divine!
Peanut butter butterscotch bars are so easy to make, with only 5 ingredients they come together quickly to create this delicious treat! This butterscotch bar is a great dessert to bring to many occasions or gifted during the holidays in a cookie exchange, everyone will love them!
Easy Peanut Butterscotch Bars
I found this gem of a recipe on the Land O Lakes website and was blown away by how amazing they were! Of course I had to create my own recipe, with a few minor tweaks this Butterscotch Peanut Bar was born! These little bars just melt in your mouth, the combination of flavors and textures hit the spot perfectly. Making these sensational bars is so easy too, the ingredients get melted together to form a creamy smooth texture. Then the marshmallows and peanuts create soft and crunchy texture that is just so incredibly delicious. These are a must try, see how good they are for yourself!
Why we think you will love these amazing Butterscotch Bars!
If you need more reasons why you should try this delightful treat, here are a few to convince you.
- Simple ingredients. The great thing about this recipe is it only calls for 5 ingredients. And you probably have some or most of them in your kitchen already. That makes it an even better reason to give these dessert bars a try today!
- Sweet and salty. When you are craving a sweet and salty treat look no further than this recipe! The butterscotch, peanut butter and marshmallows create a lovely sweetness that is so amazing. Then add in the crunchy salted peanuts and this treat goes from good to GREAT real quick.
- Inexpensive. Any recipe that calls for just 5 ingredients is sure to be a low cost treat. This a fantastic recipe to make when you are on a budget but still want to impress your guests with a sensational dessert. All the ingredients are inexpensive but still pack the WOW factor too!
Butterscotch Peanut Bars Ingredients
Butterscotch chips: You will need ½ cup of butterscotch-flavored baking chips to create this enjoyable treat.
Peanut butter: To add to the smooth and creamy texture, add in ½ cup of peanut butter.
Butter: Use ¼ cup of butter to give this bar a nice rich flavor.
Peanuts: Adding in ½ cup of salted Spanish peanuts or salted peanuts gives this bar a wonderful salty flavor that combines so perfectly with the sweetness of this bar.
Marshmallows: You need 1 ½ cups of miniature marshmallows to add to the amazing texture we are going for with this bar.
Step by step on how to make Butterscotch Peanut Bars
Cover an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, set aside. Make sure this dish fits in your refrigerator, that is where it will be going to chill.
In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine and melt the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter. Stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
Then, remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. You want the mixture to cool off so the marshmallows do not melt when they are added.
Next, stir in the peanuts and marshmallows. Mix to fully combine and coat all the peanuts and marshmallows.
Proceed to pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish with parchment paper.
Then, cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
When ready to serve, cut into bars and enjoy!
Butterscotch Peanut Bars
- ½ cup Butterscotch chips
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ cup salted Spanish peanuts or salted peanuts
- 1 ½ cups Mini Marshmallows
- Cover an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, set aside. Make sure this dish fits in your refrigerator well, that is where it will be going to chill.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine and melt the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter. Stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Then, remove from the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. You don’t want the mixture too hot and the marshmallows to melt when they are added.
- Next, stir in the peanuts and marshmallows. Mix to fully combine and coat all the peanuts and marshmallows.
- Proceed to pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish with parchment paper.
- Then, cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- When ready to serve, cut into bars and enjoy!
How long are butterscotch bars good for?
These bars should be stored in an airtight container or zip locked bag in the refrigerator and will last for 5-7 days. Before you are read to enjoy them, let them sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes. It will help them loosen up and make it easier to bite into.
Can I use a different nut option for this bar?
Are you looking for more ways to customize the dessert bar recipe? You can try swapping out the salted peanuts for chopped walnuts or pecans too. An alternative nut type would be just as delicious in this recipe, give it a try and see what you think!
Can you freeze butterscotch peanut bars?
Yes! Slice the cooled cookie bars into individual pieces and then place in a freezer ziplocked bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator when you are ready to enjoy.
If you loved these dessert bars, try some of our other favorites!
- SAMOA COOKIE BARS
- M&M CHRISTMAS COOKIE BARS
- PATRIOTIC CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE BARS
- 7 LAYER MAGIC COOKIE BARS
- LEMON RASPBERRY SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- SWIRLED RED, WHITE & BLUE COOKIE BARS
- CHEESECAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- REESE’S COOKIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY SUGAR COOKIE BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Butterscotch Peanut Bars are a perfect combination of sweet and salty! These butterscotch candy bars have a chewy sweetness with crunchy salted peanuts, they are simply amazing.