Reese’s Cookie Bars are a thick, chewy & full of tasty peanut butter chunks. These cookie bars are so easy to make, no dough chilling or rolling required!
Give this Reese’s dessert a try, the rich cookie base compliments the peanut butter add in’s perfectly. Serve these amazing and delicious peanut butter cookie bars at your next family gathering or share them during the holidays with your family and friends.
Adding Reese’s to Cookie Bars
The next time you find yourself with a strong craving for something sweet, rich, chewy and OH SO delicious, this is the recipe for you! These are an easy dessert to whip up quickly, with under 10 ingredients, you may be surprised how many are already in your kitchen. Reese’s cookie bars are always a huge hit with my family and I love how simple they are to make. Next time you need a quick peanut butter fix, make these to satisfy your craving!
Why you’ll love these Candy Cookie Bars
- Only 9 simple ingredients. What is easier than adding a few basic ingredients to a bowl, mixing, baking and enjoying? Absolutely nothing, this is a great recipe to try when you need to whip up a quick treat.
- Extra delicious cookies. Is it possible that a cookie with only a few ingredients can be this delicious and flavorful? the addition of the Reese’s Pieces candy takes the simple cookie dough to the next level!
- Comes together quickly. Making these cookies is so simple, the prep time and cook time are no more than 30 minutes combined. When the mood strikes and you want a fast sweet treat, look no further than this delightful cookie recipe.
Reese’s Cookie Bar Ingredients
Butter: For a perfectly rich tasting cookie dough, you need 1 cup of butter, room temperature (equal to 2 sticks).
Sugar: Adding in ¾ cup of granulated sugar will help make these cookie bars nice and chewy.
Brown sugar: To help deepen the flavors in the cookie dough, add in 1 cup of brown sugar.
Eggs: You need 2 eggs for this recipe, to create great texture and give more amazing taste.
Vanilla extract: Enhance all the wonderful flavors by adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Flour: The base of this cookie dough recipe is 3 cups of all purpose flour.
Salt: Use ¾ teaspoon of salt to balance the sweetness in this cookie dough recipe.
Baking soda: Add ¾ teaspoon to help the cookie bars rise nice as they bake.
Reese’s Pieces: For the amazing addition in this recipe, use 2 cups of Reese’s Pieces candy. You can use regular size or mini, depending on your preference and what you find at the store.
Step by step directions for how to make Reese’s Cookie Bars
Begin by preheating the oven to 350°. Then, spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
Next, in a large bowl, cream together the butter, white and brown sugar, the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
Proceed to combine the dry ingredients with the wet butter/sugar mixture, stir well to combine until no white streaks of flour are shown.
After that, continue to fold in the Reese’s Pieces candy.
Now, press the prepared cookie dough into the greased 9×13 pan.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookie bars are puffy and no longer glossy in the center. Be sure to allow the cookie to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Serve and enjoy!
Reese’s Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 8.5 oz bags Reese's Pieces candy total of 2 cups
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Dough: Cream together the butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Then combine the dry ingredients with the wet butter/sugar mixture, stir well to combine until no white streaks of flour are shown. Continue to fold in the Reese's Pieces candy.
- Bake: Press the cookie dough into the greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookie bars are puffy and no longer glossy in the center.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool completely before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are these cookies good for?
These cookies will be good for 3-5 days, if stored properly. To keep your treats as fresh as possible they should be kept in an airtight container or a ziplocked bag. A trick I learned to keep them extra fresh and soft is to put a piece of bread in with the cookies. The cookies absorb the moisture from the bread and stay soft and chewy a couple of days longer. Try it, you will be amazed!
Can I freeze peanut butter cookie bars?
These cookies are great for freezing for later! You can either freeze them after they have been baked, or freeze the prepared dough. If you are freezing baked cookies, you want to store them in an airtight container or ziplocked bag to keep them as fresh as possible. Same goes for the cookie dough storage. The cookies/dough will be good for up to 3 months if stored properly.
How to You Measure Dry Ingredients?
To understand how to measure dry ingredients, I’ll use the example of measuring flour. This method I’m describing is one most home cooks use. To measure 1 cup of flour, you scoop out flour using a tool that’s NOT your measuring cup and deposit the flour into the 1 cup measuring cup. I gently shake the cup from side to side just to level the flour a bit. Then I use a clean butter knife to level off the flour. If you just need 1 tablespoon of flour, I’d simply scoop up flour using my tablespoon measuring spoon and again, level with a knife.
Love Peanut Butter? Give more amazing recipes a try here:
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Fudge Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Best Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies
- Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies
Reese’s Cookie Bars are sweet, tender & full of delightful peanut butter chunks. These cookie bars are so simple to whip up, no chilling or rolling of the dough required!