Serve these breakfast pancake pizzas with sweet or savory toppings, and they’re sure to be loved either way. Everyone is sure to love this unique and fun twist on a breakfast classic.
Am I the only one who loves having breakfast for dinner? Mornings are pretty rushed around my house, and everyone is eating/leaving the house at different times. We rarely get a fancy breakfast in the morning, but we all love breakfast foods, so we usually have breakfast for dinner at least a couple of times a month.
Everyone loves pancakes and everyone loves pizza, right? This fun recipe is a combination of the two. Make pancakes just like usual, but add toppings! You can make the pancakes sweet or savory and there are so many options. Set out all the toppings and let everyone create their own. Eggs, sausage, cheese and bacon are all fantastic savory options, while Nutella, yogurt, fruit and whipped cream turn your pancakes into a sweet treat.
A Twist on Breakfast for Dinner
I thought it’d be fun to use the pancakes to make breakfast pizzas, and these were a hit at my house! They didn’t last long, and everyone got to eat their favorite pancake toppings and breakfast favorites, which helped to make this meal even better. This is something that the kids continue to ask about often, as they definitely want it as a regular guest on the meal plan rotation.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re customizable! You can use any toppings you want, and everyone can create something that they enjoy eating!
- They don’t require much. Just set up a little station filled with your breakfast side dishes like scrambled eggs, sausage, or berries, and allow everyone to grab what they want to top their pancakes with. Anything you’d normally serve with pancakes could be used as a topping.
- You can prep in advance. Make the pancake batter and keep it in a Ziploc baggie in the fridge overnight, prep the toppings and keep them in separate containers in the fridge too. Then all you need is to (maybe) reheat a few things, cook up some fresh pancakes, and enjoy! You can even make the pancakes in advance and keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a toaster or air fryer and then add the toppings!
Pancake Pizzas Ingredients
Pancake mix– You will need some pancake mix for this recipe. I recommend the “just add water” kind. If you prefer to make homemade pancakes, here’s our favorite pancake recipe!
Water– To hydrate the pancake mix you will need some water. You can use milk instead if you’d like.
Sweet– For a sweeter pancake pizza, you can top it off with Nutella, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or whipped cream.
Savory– Adding a little maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, peppers, and/or shredded cheese can turn your pancake pizza into a savory treat.
How to Make Breakfast Pancake Pizzas
Stir the pancake mix and water until well combined, and then scoop onto a griddle (heated to about 350 degrees).
I made these pancakes bigger than normal so that we could slice them up like real pizzas, but you can make them as big or as small as you want!
After about 1-2 minutes, flip the pancake and cook the other side until lightly brown on both sides.
Add your toppings and serve.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2/3 cup water
Sweet topping ideas
- Nutella, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, whipped cream
Savory topping ideas
- Syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, peppers, shredded cheese
- Stir the pancake mix and water until well combined.
- Scoop batter onto a griddle (heated to about 350 degrees). I made these pancakes bigger than normal so that we could slice them up like real pizzas, but you can make any size you want!
- After about 1-2 minutes, flip pancake and cook the other side until lightly brown on both sides.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of pancake mix should I use for pancake pizzas?
For pancake pizzas, it’s recommended to use the “just add water” kind of pancake mix. Brands like Krusteaz and Bisquick offer this type of pancake mix, which can be found in most grocery stores. However, if you prefer to make homemade pancakes, any pancake recipe will work.
How do I make pancake pizzas?
To make pancake pizzas, start by stirring the pancake mix and water until well combined. Then, scoop the mixture onto a griddle heated to about 350 degrees. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Finally, add your desired toppings and serve.
What are some sweet toppings I can put on pancake pizzas?
For a sweeter pancake pizza, you can top it off with Nutella, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or whipped cream.
What are some savory toppings I can put on pancake pizzas?
Adding a little maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, peppers, and/or shredded cheese can turn your pancake pizza into a savory treat.
Is it better to use milk or water in pancake mix?
While you can use either milk or water in pancake mix, using milk will result in a richer, creamier texture. However, using water will still yield delicious pancakes. It ultimately comes down to personal preference.
Why are my pancakes rubbery?
When making pancakes, whether it’s from scratch or from a boxed mix, it’s important not to overmix the batter, leaving lumps in the batter is fine and okay (in fact, it’s desired!) When you overmix the batter, you overwork the gluten in the flour, resulting in rubbery pancakes.
Here are some more breakfast recipe ideas you’re sure to love!
- BAGEL BREAD
- EASY CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
- FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- OREO PANCAKES
- FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CRULLERS RECIPE
- CHERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- AIR FRYER APPLE FRITTERS
- EASY BISCUIT BEIGNETS
- 3 INGREDIENT BANANA PANCAKES
- CRANBERRY ORANGE MONKEY BREAD
- 15-MINUTE CHOCOLATE COVERED DONUTS
- TRIPLE BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- DUTCH APPLE MUFFINS
- EASY PROTEIN PANCAKES
Sweet or savory, these breakfast pancake pizzas are sure to be a huge hit. What a wonderful twist to the classic morning dish.