Serve these breakfast pancake pizzas with sweet or savory toppings, and they’re sure to be loved either way. Everyone is sure to love this unique and fun twist on a breakfast classic.
Am I the only one who loves having breakfast for dinner? Mornings are pretty rushed around my house, and everyone is eating/leaving the house at different times. We rarely get a fancy breakfast in the morning, but we all love breakfast foods, so we usually have breakfast for dinner at least a couple of times a month.
A Twist on Breakfast for Dinner
I thought it’d be fun to use the pancakes to make breakfast pizzas, and these were a hit at my house! They didn’t last long, and everyone got to eat their favorite pancake toppings and breakfast favorites, which helped to make this meal even better. This is something that the kids continue to ask about often, as they definitely want it as a regular guest on the meal plan rotation.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re customizable! You can use any toppings you want, and everyone can create something that they enjoy eating!
- They don’t require much. Just set up a little station filled with your breakfast side dishes like scrambled eggs, sausage, or berries, and allow everyone to grab what they want to top their pancakes with. Anything you’d normally serve with pancakes could be used as a topping.
- You can prep a lot in advance. Make the pancake batter and keep it in a Ziploc baggie in the fridge overnight, prep the toppings and keep them in separate containers in the fridge too. Then all you need is to (maybe) reheat a few things, cook up some fresh pancakes, and enjoy!
Pancake Pizzas Ingredients
Pancake mix– You will need some pancake mix for this recipe. I recommend the “just add water” kind. We used honey wheat Krusteaz pancake mix, but the buttermilk one is also wonderful.
Water– To hydrate the pancake mix you will need some water.
Sweet– For a sweeter pancake pizza, you can top it off with Nutella, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or whipped cream.
Savory– Adding a little maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, peppers, and/or shredded cheese can turn your pancake pizza into a savory treat.
How to Make Breakfast Pancake Pizzas
Stir the pancake mix and water until well combined, and then scoop onto a griddle (heated to about 350 degrees).
I made these pancakes bigger than normal so that we could slice them up like real pizzas, but you can make any size you want!
After about 1-2 minutes, flip the pancake and cook the other side until lightly brown on both sides.
Add your toppings and serve.
BREAKFAST PANCAKE PIZZAS
- 1 cup Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup Water
Sweet topping ideas
- Nutella, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, whipped cream
Savory topping ideas
- Syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, peppers, shredded cheese
- Stir the pancake mix and water until well combined.
- Scoop batter onto a griddle (heated to about 350 degrees). I made these pancakes bigger than normal so that we could slice them up like real pizzas, but you can make any size you want!
- After about 1-2 minutes, flip pancake and cook the other side until lightly brown on both sides.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
Is pancake breakfast pizza good when saved for later?
If you already enjoy eating your pancakes chilled, then you may be okay with making these as a lunchbox treat for later, but depending on what you top it with, the pancake may become soggy the longer than it waits. We recommend eating them fresh and immediately after being built for the best-tasting experience.
Can pancake pizzas make a good dessert?
Yes! If you want to serve them up as a tasty dessert, just load them up with some sweeter toppings, and it’s sure to be a hit! We like to add whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream on top! Adding a few chocolate chips to your pancake batter can also be a game changer!
Why are my pancakes rubbery?
When making pancakes, whether it’s from scratch or from a boxed mix, it’s important not to overmix the batter, leaving lumps in the batter is fine and okay (in fact, it’s desired!) When you overmix the batter, you overwork the gluten in the flour, resulting in rubbery pancakes.
Here are some more breakfast recipe ideas you’re sure to love!
- BAGEL BREAD
- EASY CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
- FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CRULLERS RECIPE
- CHERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- AIR FRYER APPLE FRITTERS
- EASY BISCUIT BEIGNETS
- CRANBERRY ORANGE MONKEY BREAD
- 15-MINUTE CHOCOLATE COVERED DONUTS
- TRIPLE BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- DUTCH APPLE MUFFINS
Sweet or savory, these breakfast pancake pizzas are sure to be a huge hit. What a wonderful twist to the classic morning dish.
Erin @ Simple, Sweet & Savory says
Okay, these look freaking awesome! Who ever thought of making a pancake the base for a breakfast pizza?? You did, and it’s absolutely genius! Pinning!!
Thanks Erin! So glad to see you here!
Andie Conn says
Looks so pretty AND yummy (: