Maple BBQ Chicken and Pineapple is a flavorful meal that is made in a crockpot and cooked to perfection! This slow cooker BBQ chicken is sweet, tangy and super easy to make, serve over rice for a complete dinner.
Making this crockpot BBQ chicken takes very little effort, with only 5 ingredients you can be on your way to preparing a delicious meal in no time. This pulled chicken recipe is a great dish to make during the busy work and school week, you can start it in the morning and come home to a healthy and tasty meal.
Easy BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Chunks
My kids absolutely adore anything BBQ flavor, we eat variations on traditional barbecue chicken all the time. I created this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken out of necessity because here in Utah our Spring weather changes so often that grilling can prove challenging. Grilling during a thunderstorm adds a new level of excitement to dinner that I don’t think I want to experience. Preparing this chicken dish in a slow cooker not only creates a delicious meal, but it is so simple and requires very little effort.
I also love the KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rubs because they really let me customize our dinner. The combination of sweet pure maple syrup with the tangy packet of BBQ seasonings is fantastic. The entire recipe is so easy to make and the final result is both a flavorful and comforting dish. Boxes of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub come with 2 packets and you mix each individual packets with a liquid of your choice. They come in 3 flavors- Original, Sweet Honey and Spicy Habanero. There are so many possibilities. I think making a Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwich and mixing the original packet with a can of Root Beer or Dr. Pepper sounds incredible. Add it to the grocery list and get creative with dinnertime!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
Slow Cooker Maple BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Ingredients
Chicken: You will need 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved, for the main protein of this main dish.
Maple syrup: Adding in 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup will make the sauce sweet and give it a wonderful depth of flavor.
BBQ sauce & seasoning: Use 1 packet of this KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original it is simply amazing, packed with flavor and takes all the work out of the seasoning process for this recipe.
Salt: Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the chicken for added flavor.
Pineapple: You need 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks for the perfect addition to this shredded chicken recipe. You can use canned pineapple if you would like, you will need about two 8 oz cans for the 2 cups.
How to make Slow Cooker Maple BBQ Chicken with Pineapple
Start by setting the slow cooker to low and spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray. This makes the clean up so much easier! Place the chicken breasts inside and sprinkle with salt.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original pouch. Once mixed well, proceed to pour the mixture over the chicken.
Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. At the 5 hour mark, add the pineapple chunks to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
Just prior to serving, use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
Alternative ways to serve Shredded BBQ Chicken
If you want to serve this amazing chicken another way, here are a couple alternative ideas for a complete meal.
- Serve this shredded chicken with pineapple as mini sandwiches, these would taste amazing on sweet Hawaiian rolls. The flavor combination would taste incredible.
- You could also serve this shredded chicken as is and pair side dishes with it. This chicken with pineapple has so much flavor it would taste great on it’s own. Pair it with this cheesy corn bread and a simple garden salad to complete the meal.
- Another great dish to pair this with would be these baked beans with bacon. The BBQ flavor would work great with some hearty baked beans.
SLOW COOKER MAPLE BBQ CHICKEN & PINEAPPLE
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 packet KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- Start by setting the slow cooker to low and spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray. This makes the clean up so much easier! Place the chicken breasts inside and sprinkle with salt.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Original pouch. Once mixed well, proceed to pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. At the 5 hour mark, add the pineapple chunks to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Just prior to serving, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is shredded chicken with pineapple good for?
This main dish is good for 3-5 days, if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This dish would taste great as left overs and repurposed into a BBQ chicken salad I bet!
Can I freeze left over BBQ chicken?
You sure can. This would be a great meal to freeze any leftovers for another dinner or lunch option. If you are going to freeze it, you could even leave out the pineapple chunks and add those when you are ready to enjoy.
WHAT OTHER BBQ SAUCE CAN I USE FOR THIS BBQ CHICKEN?
If you want to use another type of BBQ sauce in this recipe, feel free to do so. I really love the Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, but I have also been trying some others lately. Costco has been carrying the Kinder’s brand, which I really love because it is organic and has much cleaner ingredients. I prefer the Mild BBQ flavor, but they have some varieties that have more kick to them if you like spicy.
Need more main course meal ideas? Give these a try!
- OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- EASY CHICKEN MANICOTTI
- TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- OVEN BAKED FRIED CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLOPPY JOES
- ITALIAN CHICKEN SKILLET
- NAVAJO TACOS
- CHEESY SOUR CREAM CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR PORK ROAST
Maple BBQ Chicken and Pineapple is a flavor filled meal that is made in a slow cooker and the results are absolutely perfect! This slow cooker BBQ chicken is tangy, sweet and super simple to make, serve over rice for a complete dinner.