Sausage & Broccoli Casserole is a creamy, flavorful dinner made with stuffing mix, eggs, milk, and of course, sausage & broccoli. A fantastic protein-packed dinner that’s ready in under an hour!
This baked stuffing with cheese and eggs is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when entertaining guests. Whether you are looking for a hearty lunch or a comforting dinner, broccoli casserole recipe is a versatile and delicious option that is sure to please.
A Meal Worth Making
Looking for a quick and easy meal to make during the week? Look no further than this broccoli sausage casserole. This delicious dish is the perfect combination of savory sausage, nutritious vegetables, and savory cheese. One of the best things about this casserole is how simple it is to make. With just a few
ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover broccoli or sausage you may have on hand.
Why you’ll love this simple dinner casserole recipe
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: This casserole is a great option for feeding a large group of people. It’s hearty, filling, and packed with flavor, so it’s sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
- It’s easy to customize: One of the great things about this casserole is that it’s easy to customize to your liking. You can switch up the type of sausage you use, add more or less broccoli, or even throw in some additional veggies to make it your own.
- It’s a great make-ahead option: This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it. This makes it a great option for busy weeknights or for entertaining guests.
Ingredients for Sausage & Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli: You need a 10-oz bag of frozen broccoli florets (in a steam-able bag) for a great nutritious addition to this meal.
Sausage: Using 1 lb of Italian sausage will make this a complete meal with plenty of protein.
Stuffing mix: For a nice filling meal, add in and 8-oz box of herb stuffing mix (3 cups).
Cheese: Add 2 cups of medium cheddar cheese for a delicious flavor and texture for this dish.
Eggs: Help bind all the ingredients together well by using 4 eggs.
Cream of broccoli soup: For even more amazing taste and texture, add in a 10.5-oz can of cream of broccoli soup.
Milk: Use 1 ⅓ cups of milk to thin out the consistency of this casserole dish.
Fried onions: For an incredible crunchy addition, top the casserole with about 2.5-oz of french fried onions.
How to make Broccoli Sausage Casserole
Get started by preheating the oven to 375° degrees F.
After that, microwave the broccoli for 4 minutes; then set it aside.
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink; drain grease.
Next, in a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, sausage, stuffing mix and cheese. Transfer the mixture to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs, broccoli soup and milk, proceed to pour this mixture over sausage mixture.
Place the casserole in the preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 minutes.
Then, sprinkle the top of the casserole with the french-fried onions and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the onions are lightly toasted.
Serve and enjoy!
SAUSAGE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- 10 oz frozen broccoli florets in a steamable bag
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 8 oz herb stuffing mix 3 cups
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 10.5 oz can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 2.5 oz french fried onions
- Prep: Get started by preheating the oven to 375° degrees F. Microwave the broccoli for 4 minutes; then set it aside.
- Cook sausage: In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Assemble: In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, sausage, stuffing mix and cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish. In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs, broccoli soup and milk. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake: Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with french fried onions. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until onions are lightly toasted. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Making Sausage Casserole
When making Broccoli Sausage Casserole, it is important to avoid a few common mistakes. One of the most common mistakes is overcooking the casserole, which can result in a dry and tough texture. Another mistake is not properly draining the veggies, which can make the casserole watery. Lastly, using too much cheese can make the casserole greasy and heavy.
How Long is this Casserole Good For?
This casserole can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To ensure maximum freshness, store the casserole in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
Can I Freeze leftovers of this Broccoli casserole?
Yes, Sausage Casserole can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. To freeze, let the casserole cool completely and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. When ready to eat, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it in the oven or microwave.
What is the Best Way to Reheat a Casserole?
The best way to reheat a casserole is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the casserole in a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can reheat individual portions in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
Try more amazing casserole recipes here:
- Southwest Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Scalloped Corn Casserole
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Wild Rice Casserole
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Taco Cornbread Casserole
- Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Sausage & Broccoli Casserole is loaded with amazing flavors and texture, creating a delightful meal everyone is sure to enjoy. Making this stuffing casserole is very simple, with a few basic ingredients and under an hour of your time, you’ll have a filling meal ready to serve your family!