Red velvet brownies are a rich, chocolaty brownie with red velvet color, scattered with chocolate chips. Homemade Red Velvet Brownies perfect for Valentine’s day!
Red Velvet Brownie Ingredients
-Butter: While brownies usually have oil, we want 1/2 cup (one stick) of room temperature butter to be our fat. It makes the brownies so much richer.
-Brown sugar: With 1 cup of brown sugar we can get a chewy and sweet brownie with nice edges.
-Eggs: We need 2 room temperature eggs to bind the brownie together.
-Vanilla: With 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract we can get a good flavor base.
-Flour: We need 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour to be our gluten base for the brownies.
-Cocoa powder: Red velvet cake is made with chocolate cake base so we need 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to get these chocolatey.
-Baking powder: Acting as your leaving agent is 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
-Red gel food color: We need 1 teaspoon of red gel food coloring to make these red velvet brownies really red.
-White chocolate chips: To scatter throughout the brownies is 1/2 cup of yummy chocolate.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. add in the vanilla and mix again.
add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stir to combine and mix well.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and give it a quick mix. Do not overmix the batter.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Check the brownies with a toothpick to test for doneness.
Let the brownies cool on the countertop and then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Yes! It just changes the appearance a bit, but I think dark chocolate chips in these brownies are my all time favorite! For Valentine’s Day though, adding some white chocolate chips is fun. For an extra chocolaty treat, add 1/3 cup of both white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Red Velvet BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp red gel food coloring*
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line the 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add one egg at a time to the brown sugar butter mixture. Now add vanilla extract. Add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, combine until well mixed.
- Add red gel food coloring to the batter and mix until the color mixed well.
- Finally add white chocolate chips and give a quick mix. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the brownies to test for doneness using a toothpick. (The toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Let the brownies cool. Cut into squares & enjoy!
What is red velvet flavor?
Can Red Velvet Brownies be Frozen?
Can I use Natural Food Coloring?
- Glazed Orange Brownies
- Brownies with Cheesecake Frosting
- Orange Cheesecake Brownies
- The Best Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
- Cookies and Cream Brownies
- S’Mores Brownies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Marshmallow Brownies
- Stacked Strawberry Brownies
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Easy Black Forest Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies
With a tasty and rich treat like these red velvet brownies with white chocolate chips, you’re in for a real delight! From the easy to follow steps to the chewy good brownie squares, everything is enjoyable.