Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad is one of the easiest jello recipes you will ever make and it is perfect as a side dish or a dessert. This recipe only requires 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make and then it is immediately ready to serve!
Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad is simply amazing! I just recently found this jello salad recipe and LOVE it! It only has 4 ingredients and it literally takes just a couple of minutes to make. It’s absolutely the easiest (and fastest!) jello salad recipe you will ever make! Not only that, but it can be eaten immediately after preparing (or saved for later!)…and it’s delicious too! As a matter of fact, the recipe tastes wonderful minutes after making it, but I actually prefer to eat this the next day because the raspberry flavor gets to be a bit stronger and mixed in with the rest of the salad better.
What is the best fruit to put in Jello Fruit Salad?
My family loves raspberries the best in this recipe, but I have also tried it with mixed berries, blackberries, blueberries – one reader gave me the idea of using peaches and I created this version of the salad as a result! I usually use frozen fruit because I keep quite a bit of it on hand, but you can definitely use fresh fruit as well.
You can even mix a few different kinds of fruit together. I think raspberries and peaches would be wonderful together! I have even added bananas to the salad right before serving and that adds a wonderful flavor as well.
Where do you serve Jello Raspberry Fluff?
Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad makes for a great side dish to take to a potluck, but is sweet enough that it could work as a dessert also. I have used this recipe on multiple occasions when I needed to whip something up quickly to take somewhere, and it has always been a HUGE hit with adults and kids alike.
I love that this recipe is cool and refreshing in the summer, but this raspberry fluff jello salad is also is a family favorite at Thanksgiving, Christmas and even Valentine’s Day – it works for pretty much any holiday! You’ll love having this convenient and mouthwatering recipe in your collection!
Ingredients in Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad
Here’s what you need to make this EASY salad:
- instant vanilla pudding
- large container vanilla yogurt
- Cool Whip (thawed)
- frozen red raspberries (12 ounces) – you can use fresh too!
How to Make Raspberry Jello Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and the vanilla yogurt, stirring until well mixed. You can just use a spoon – no need for an electric mixer!
- Fold Cool Whip into the mixture. (You can use a spatula or a whisk!)
- Lastly, fold in the raspberries. I had set mine out for about 10 minutes before making the salad, but you can put them in frozen and they will thaw very quickly so you can serve the salad right after mixing.
- If you don’t serve the salad immediately, the raspberries will thaw more and the juices will add a raspberry flavor to the entire mixture – I like it both ways!
Raspberry Jello Salad
- 1 box 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 32 oz. container vanilla yogurt
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip thawed
- 1 pkg. frozen raspberries (12 ounces)
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and the vanilla yogurt, stirring until well mixed.
- Fold Cool Whip into the mixture. (You can use a spatula or a whisk!)
- Lastly, fold in the raspberries. I had set mine out for about 10 minutes before making the salad, but you can put them in frozen and they will thaw very quickly so you can serve the salad right after mixing. If you don’t serve the salad immediately, the raspberries will thaw more and the juices will add a raspberry flavor to the entire mixture – I like it both ways!
Ready to try some more creamy fruit salads? Here are the best ones:
Can you replace the cool whip in fruit Jello salad?
If you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well when mixed into the jello salad. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster. Use a metal bowl for whipping the cream and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
How to Store Jello Salad with Cool Whip
This particular jello salad recipe stores very well in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, but is not ideal for freezing. There really is no need to freeze this recipe because you can make it so quickly! I usually make this jello salad the day before I am planning to serve it, because I like the way that the raspberry flavor becomes stronger and spreads throughout the salad more. I have also served the salad just a few minutes after making it and it is still delicious!
Can you change the flavor of the Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad?
- It is very easy to change the flavor of the jello salad with a few swaps. The ingredients are very basic but you can change them up to get a slightly different flavor. As mentioned before, you can definitely swap out the berries although I do prefer raspberries or blueberries. These are fruits that are easily found frozen and they thaw well.
- You can also very easily swap out the flavor of yogurt in the recipe. You can replace all or part of the vanilla yogurt with lemon yogurt, raspberry yogurt, or any other flavor that goes well with the berries that you have chosen.
- One more swap that is easy to do is to swap out the pudding mix that you use. Two ideal substitutes are lemon pudding or cheesecake pudding, especially if using raspberries. Who doesn’t love raspberry and lemon together, or raspberry and cheesecake?!
Like jello recipes? So do we! Check out our full collection of jello salads and jello desserts here:
- 35+ Best Jello Recipes
- Tropical Jello Pretzel Salad
- Layered Valentine’s Jello Cups
- Cranberry Jello Salad recipe
- Rainbow Jello Cups
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Lemon Raspberry Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe
- Layered Christmas Jello Cups
- Orange Cream Fruit Salad
- Classic Strawberry Jello Mold
- Strawberries & Cream Poke Cake
- Berry Jello Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Jello Fruit Dip
- Raspberry Cream Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Sticks
Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad only has 4 ingredients and it literally takes just a couple of minutes to make. It’s absolutely the easiest (and fastest!) jello salad recipe you will ever make!