Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits are a fun way to pack a lot of protein and deliciousness into the perfect fall breakfast! Make these Greek yogurt pancake parfaits with only 5 ingredients and in about 20 minutes or less!
These breakfast parfaits are a great solution for busy weekday mornings or even holiday weekends spent with family. If you need protein breakfast ideas, look no further than this incredible recipe!
Protein Parfait Recipe
This year I have made a goal to get more protein into all of our diets, especially for breakfast, so that we all have the fuel we need to get through the day. Some of my kids have quite a gap between when they eat breakfast and their scheduled lunchtime at school, so having protein in their breakfast is a must!
Because it’s fall and I love everything pumpkin, I decided to make a pumpkin version of the protein pancake, and it turns out that it is very easy to do. Just add a little bit of canned pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice to the pancake mix and water, and that’s it.
I cut the pancakes into bite-sized pieces and layered them with a bit of Greek yogurt, adding some fun flavor and sneaking in a bit more protein too. My kids didn’t even miss the syrup! And I definitely didn’t miss the sticky mess that syrup usually creates. Although I will say that these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes taste absolutely delicious with a little bit of maple syrup, make sure to give that a try too!
Why we think you will love this easy breakfast recipe
Here are a few reasons we love this recipe so much and think you will too.
- A meatless way to add more protein. Getting enough protein into your diet is easier said than done, but thanks to the protein pancake mix, we can do it easier and while still giving the kids the breakfast foods they love!
- Simple ingredients and steps. Making this recipe doesn’t require much effort or ingredients, making breakfast much simpler. Spend less time shopping and prepping and more time enjoying your meal.
- It’s healthy! This pancake mix has 15g of protein per serving, and Greek yogurt also has a decent amount of protein as well as calcium in it. Add in the fiber and vitamins from the protein, and you have yourself a wonderful breakfast to start your day off on the right foot.
Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits Ingredients
Pancake mix: You will need 2 cups of Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Flapjack & Waffle Mix.
Water: Add in 2 cups of water to moisten the pancake mix and create just the right batter consistency.
Pumpkin: Adding in 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree will give us a nice coloration and Fall taste. You can use homemade pumpkin puree if you have it on hand.
Spices: For added warmth and flavor, you will want to use ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Yogurt: For building your parfaits, use 2 cups of Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt.
How to make Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits
Begin by heating the griddle to 375° and lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flapjack mix, water, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice, just until mixed.
Proceed to pour about ¼ cup of batter, per pancake, onto the griddle and cook for about 2 minutes, per side, turning once.
Remove pancakes from the griddle once cooked and allow them to cool for about 3-4 minutes.
For each parfait cup, cut up two pancakes into bite-sized pieces. Then, place half of the pieces in the bottom of a parfait dish. Next, top with ¼ cup of yogurt, and then repeat the layers until the dish is full. (I used a mini pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out tiny pumpkin-shaped pancakes to place on top just for fun!)
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Prep: Begin by heating the griddle to 375°and lightly grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flapjack mix, water, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice, just until mixed.
- Cook: Proceed to pour about ¼ cup of batter, per pancake, onto the griddle and cook for about 2 minutes, per side, turning once. Remove pancakes from the griddle once cooked and allow them to cool for about 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble: For each parfait cup, cut up two pancakes into bite-sized pieces. Then, place half of the pieces in the bottom of a parfait dish. Next, top with ¼ cup of yogurt, and then repeat the layers until the dish is full. (I used a mini pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out tiny pumpkin-shaped pancakes to place on top just for fun!) Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I use leftover pancakes for this recipe?
You can make a large batch of the pumpkin protein pancakes for one day and save the leftovers for parfaits the next day! Using cold or chilled pancakes will work very well for this recipe.
Can I assemble parfaits in advance?
I do not recommend assembling these parfaits too soon before serving as the moisture from the yogurt will soften the pancakes and cause them to get a little soggy. The texture of the parfait when freshly made is perfect as-is.
Can I add fruit to these pancake parfaits?
Of course you can! I would think that blueberries would taste great with the pancake and yogurt combo. Also, some fresh sliced peaches would taste incredible too. Or even some cinnamon apple chunks would be fantastic, we have a great recipe for fried cinnamon apples!
Tips for the fluffiest pancakes
If you want the end result to be the fluffiest of fluffy pancakes you will want to make sure that you let the batter rest when directed below. That step is what helps to get the pancakes big and feathery. The air bubbles it gets while resting are your friends! Just watch, when you make these on a Sunday morning, they disappear before you know it.
Not only that, but wait to pour any batter onto your griddle until its nice and hot. You want water to sizzle as a sign that it is the proper temp. Also, hold off on flipping the pancake until bubbles are covering the top and the edges look dry/solid. And last but not least, NEVER squish the pancake down.
Check out our collection of BEST EVER BREAKFAST RECIPES here:
- CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE MUFFINS
- BAGEL BREAD
- EASY CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
- FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CRULLERS RECIPE
- CHERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
- EASY BISCUIT BEIGNETS
- AIR FRYER APPLE FRITTERS
- CRANBERRY ORANGE MONKEY BREAD
- DUTCH APPLE MUFFINS
- 15-MINUTE CHOCOLATE COVERED DONUTS
Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits are a festive way to pack protein and deliciousness into the perfect Fall flavored breakfast! Make these Greek yogurt pancake parfaits with just 5 basic ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time.