Peanut butter and jelly muffins are an easy to make snack that is sure to bring smiles and hungry bellies to the table. With your favorite jam or jelly packed in a soft peanut butter flavored muffin, what’s not to enjoy?
Jelly filled peanut butter muffins are a great school snack for packing in the lunch boxes. Kids love PB&Js and these muffins are a great way to give them the flavors they want in a way that’s convenient to you. Serve in the lunchbox or place them on the table with a tall glass of milk for an after-school snack and you’re sure to be serving up a hit with the kiddos.
What are peanut butter jelly muffins?
Peanut Butter Jelly Muffins Ingredients
-Flour: The base of our muffin recipe is 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
-Brown sugar: We want our muffins sweet and moist. Adding 2/3s cups of brown sugar will do exactly that!
-Baking powder: To help leaven our muffins and make them rise nicely, we want to use 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
-Salt: 1/4 teaspoon of salt will help to enhance the flavors in this recipe nicely.
-Egg: We only need 1 egg to help bind our muffin batter together wonderfully.
-Milk: Adding 3/4 cup of milk (regular or non-dairy) will help to thin down the thick batter so it’s easier to spread in the muffin cups.
-Peanut butter: We want to use 2/3 cups of your favorite creamy peanut butter. You can use chunky if desired, but creamy works best.
-Oil: We need fats added to the muffins to keep them moist so adding in 1/4 cup of canola oil will do well for that reason.
-Vanilla: We need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to get a good flavor enhancement.
-Jelly: You will need about 12 tablespoons of jelly for these muffins. I used strawberry jelly but you can use any flavor, even homemade jelly works well.
How to make peanut butter jelly muffins
Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
In anoth er bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla until well mixed.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until just combined.
Line a muffin tray with 12 paper baking cups and fill each one about 1/2 way with batter.
Use a tablespoon sized scoop and scoop jelly on top of each muffin.
Place an additional tablespoon scoop of the peanut butter muffin batter over the top of the jelly and spread to cover and seal it in.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Allow cooling for 5 minutes in the tray before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, use a whisk to mix the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture and stir just until combined.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper baking cups. Fill each cup about halfway with batter.
- Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to place one tablespoon of jelly on top of the batter. Place an additional tablespoon of peanut butter batter on top of the jam and spread to cover the jelly.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from pans to wire racks.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are peanut butter jelly muffins good for?
These muffins will last up to a week if stored in an airtight baggy or container at room temperature. For best results eat them when fresh.
Can I freeze PBJ muffins?
Absolutely! Freezing these muffins is a wonderful idea, especially if you plan on sticking them in lunch boxes throughout the week! Just place a frozen muffin in the lunch box in the morning and it should be thawed by lunch! If stored in an airtight container in the freezer these muffins can last about 2-3 months and do just fine.
More muffin recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS
- BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- BROWN BUTTER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- UNDER 200 CALORIE DOUBLE FUDGE MUFFINS
- DOUBLE BERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS
- HOMEMADE ENGLISH MUFFINS
- NUTELLA BANANA MUFFINS
- CHEESY CORNBREAD MUFFINS
- EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- “DOUGHNUT” MUFFINS
- BANANA NUT MUFFINS
- LEMON POUND CAKE MUFFINS
- LEMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
A great snack or lunch idea that’s sure to bring everyone to the table. Pack these PBJ muffins in a lunchbox to take to school or enjoy them warm from the oven at home.