Peanut Butter Brownies😍 with Box Mix are an easy take on traditional brownies! Fudgy, decadent brownies with an incredible swirl of peanut butter everyone loves!
Brownies with peanut butter are so easy to make, using a box mix for the base and the addition of creamy peanut butter, creates a heavenly treat. This peanut butter brownie recipe with box mix takes all the work out of making a delicious dessert, give it a try today and see just how amazing it is!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
It is so much fun to make peanut butter swirl brownies with box mix because it is not much more effort than making a box of brownie mix. This doctored brownie mix recipe is a simple way to elevate your dessert to the next level, especially if you are a peanut butter and chocolate fan like I am. I love this recipe for many reasons, by one of them is the fact that I always get so much praise when I serve this treat. Everyone thinks I slaved away making it, when in reality it was very little effort and all the reward!
Why we think you should try this brownie recipe today!
- It is an easy recipe. This is an easily embellished box of brownie mix, and it does not require many added steps or ingredients to do so. This makes it great for anyone to make, no matter their level of baking skills.
- Chocolate + Peanut Butter = ❤️
- You can use your favorite boxed mix. Everyone has a favorite box of brownie mix, so grab your favorite, and you are sure to love this recipe that much more!
- They are SO fudgy. Even though we add in the peanut butter, the rich chocolatey taste and fudgy texture is still present in every bite. We even add in a little coffee to help enhance the chocolate flavor, so you are sure to notice it in every bite.
Ingredients for Box Brownies with Peanut Butter
Brownie mix: You will need one 18.3-ounce-sized box of brownie mix. Use your favorite brand or whatever you happen to have on hand.
Eggs: You will need 2 large eggs to give these brownies great texture and rich flavor.
Oil: Adding in ½ cup of vegetable oil to the mix will make the brownies fudgy and moist.
Coffee: Swapping out water for ¼ cup of cold room temperature of coffee will enhance the chocolate flavor in every bite. If you want to use water instead that is fine too.
Peanut butter: For added greatness, use ½ cup of your favorite creamy peanut butter that has been microwaved for about 30 seconds to make it pourable.
Peanuts (optional): Adding in ¼ cup of peanuts is optional, but it will add a nice texture to every bite. Or you can use another type of nut, walnuts or pecans would be tasty too!
How to make Peanut Butter Brownies with Box Mix
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, line the inside of a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray it well with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry brownie mix with the eggs, oil, and coffee (or water) until combined.
Then, pour the prepared brownie batter inside of the prepared baking pan.
Next, put the peanut butter into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt it slightly.
After that, use a spoon to drop dollops of the peanut butter over the top of the brownie batter.
Using a toothpick or knife, swirl the peanut butter throughout the batter. Be careful not to overmix the batter, or the swirls will blend into the batter.
If desired, sprinkle the top of the brownie batter with peanuts or another type of nut of your choice.
Proceed to bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. Use the baking time as a guide but keep an eye on your brownies as they bake because every oven runs differently.
Be sure to allow the brownies to cool slightly before removing them from the pan.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Should I eat these brownies when they are warm or cold?
You can serve them up either way! Personally, we LOVE it when our brownies are still a little warm because they are perfect when they are fresh from the oven. But you will love them just as much when they have cooled down to room temperature too. There is no wrong time to serve this amazing dessert!
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES WITH BOX MIX
- 18.3 oz chocolate brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter microwaved 30 seconds, until pourable
- ¼ cup cold/room temperature coffee you can use the same amount of water instead if you want.
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13 cake pan with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray, and pour the brownie batter inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry brownie mix with the eggs, oil, and coffee (or water), stir until combined.
- Pour the prepared brownie batter inside of the prepared baking pan.
- Put the peanut butter into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt it slightly.
- After that, use a spoon to drop dollops of the peanut butter over the top of the brownie batter. Using a toothpick or knife, swirl the peanut butter throughout the batter. Be careful not to overmix the batter, or the swirls will blend into the batter.
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the brownie batter with peanuts or another type of nut of your choice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool slightly before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are peanut butter chocolate brownies good for?
These brownies can be kept stored in an airtight container or a well-covered pan for up to 3-5 days at room temperature. Keeping them in a tightly sealed container will help to keep them to stay soft and chewy.
What kind of brownie mix should I use?
We love to use Betty Crocker brand brownie mix, but you can certainly use whatever your favorite brand is. If there is a sale on a certain brand, grab that one and dress it up a bit with this incredible recipe!
Can I taste the coffee in the brownies?
We love to substitute coffee for water in brownie mix. Coffee really helps punch up the chocolate flavor! You should not be able to taste the coffee once the brownies have been fully baked. So if you or a family member doesn’t like the taste of coffee, it will most likely go unnoticed in these brownies. Thanks to the other strong flavors included in this dish.
For more Bars and Brownies, Check out these recipes!
- BAKED S’MORES BARS
- OREO MAGIC COOKIE BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- CAKE MIX TURTLE COOKIE BARS
- RASPBERRY OATMEAL BARS
- PUMPKIN BROWNIES
- RED VELVET CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- BROWNIE GOODY BARS
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BARS
- ROCKY ROAD FUDGE BARS
- BLACK FOREST BROWNIES
Peanut Butter Brownies with Box Mix is a simple way to change up a classic chocolate dessert and create an incredibly delicious treat. Peanut butter swirl brownies are simply irresistible, the flavor combination is next level amazing!