Peanut Butter Blondies are thick and chewy peanut butter bars topped with a homemade chocolate frosting.
What are blondies?
Blondies are basically brownies without the chocolate. Same dense, chewy consistency without the chocolate flavor. These blondies are flavored with peanut butter and peanut butter chips for tons of peanut butter flavor! The frosting does have chocolate in it though and you can easily add chocolate chips into the blondie batter too if you’d like.
Tips for making amazing blondies
Making blondies is pretty easy! Here are some tips to make sure that your peanut butter bars turn out every single time.
- Preheat the oven. This will help your cookies turn out right every time!
- Make sure you use softened butter – DON’T melt it! One of the most common errors in cookie making is using butter that is either really cold and hard, or using butter that is too warm and melted. If you have time, just leave butter out on the counter for about 1-2 hours before making your cookies. If you are like me and don’t plan your cookie cravings that far in advance, just place the butter in your microwave and soften in 5 second intervals, being very careful to pull it out before it melts. I actually like to use the defrost setting on my microwave to soften butter- I don’t know the technical reasons behind it, but it seems to soften the butter more evenly and takes a little bit longer so I’m less likely to start melting it!
- Spend a little extra time when you mix the butter and sugars. Creaming them together for ate least 2-3 minutes will help the consistency to be perfect.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Blondies
Peanut butter: For best results, use a regular peanut butter. I haven’t tested this recipe with a more natural peanut butter, but I have often had problems in other recipes with that type of peanut butter. You can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer!
Butter: I use salted butter, but you can use unsalted if you prefer. No margarine! Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature, but not melted before adding to the recipe.
Brown sugar: Use brown sugar that is fresh and soft.
Sugar: Gotta make sure your dessert is sweet enough!
Eggs: 2 large eggs will help to bind the recipe together and create the perfect consistency.
Flour: I usually use all purpose flour, but you can use bread flour, or even pastry flour in this recipe.
Baking powder: Leavening agent in the recipe. Make sure the baking powder isn’t old or expired for best results.
Milk: Adds the necessary liquid for the blondies. You can use any type of milk you’d like!
Peanut butter chips: Yep, add some peanut butter chips into the peanut butter batter for even more peanut butter flavor! You can also add chocolate chips if you’d like!
Butter: I usually use salted, but unsalted is ok too. Just make sure the butter is softened before mixing with the other ingredients.
Cocoa: Unsweetened cocoa powder provides the chocolate flavor to the frosting.
Milk: Milk provides the liquid to make the frosting creamy and smooth. Any type of milk should work just fine.
Light corn syrup: You only need one tablespoon of corn syrup – you can leave it out if you’d like, but it adds some flavor and helps with the consistency of the frosting too.
Powdered sugar: The primary ingredient in the frosting – make sure it’s powdered sugar, not granulated!
Peanut butter chips: More peanut butter chips to sprinkle on top! Again, you can add some chocolate chips in there too if you’d like.
How to make Peanut Butter Blondies
Preheat oven to 325°.
In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture along with the milk and beat until smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips.
Spread into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
For frosting, combine the butter, cocoa, milk, corn syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies and sprinkle with peanut butter chips. Cut into bars.
Peanut Butter Blondies
- ¾ creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture along with the milk and beat until smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Spread into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cocoa, milk, corn syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies and sprinkle with peanut butter chips. Cut into bars.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW TO CUT PERFECT BLONDIES
The answer to getting every single peanut butter bar cut and looking perfect is parchment paper! I used to always get frustrated with desserts that are made in a 9X13 pan because I felt like I was always destroying the entire first row trying to get them out of the pan! Then I discovered that if you use parchment paper, you can remove the entire dessert from the pan and slice them perfectly without having a hard time cutting the edges and corners.
If you don’t have parchment paper, you can just grease your pan like you usually do but your first row that you remove from the pan may just not be quite as pretty!
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
- Homemade Snickers Bars
- Buckeye Balls Recipe
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cupcakes
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Reese’s Chocolate Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Blondies are thick and chewy peanut butter bars that are topped with a homemade chocolate frosting.