Marshmallow Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are sweet, gooey and absolutely delicious. Marshmallows and chocolate chips are layered between two layers of a simple oatmeal cookie crust.
If you love the flavor of s’mores, you will love these dessert bars. I think I actually love the oat flavor even more than the traditional graham crackers that are in s’mores. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are some of my favorites, and these bars taste just like warm cookies, but with soft and gooey marshmallows too!
Marshmallow Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
These bars are very similar to oatmeal marshmallow chocolate cookies. You begin by making a simple oatmeal cookie dough. Half of the dough is spread into a 9X13 pan and then you add layers of marshmallows and chocolate chips before crumbling the other half of the dough on top. Bake everything until the crust is perfectly cooked and the marshmallows are soft and gooey and make sure to eat them warm!
WHY WE THINK YOU SHOULD TRY THIS OATMEAL BARS RECIPE TODAY!
- It is an easy recipe. All you need is a few basic ingredients and a few minutes of prep time.
- Chocolate + Marshmallows + Oatmeal Cookie = ❤️
- The flavors and texture are amazing. You just have to try these to see what I’m talking about! They taste a little bit like s’mores, but even better because the oatmeal cookie crust is soft and the marshmallows and chocolate chips are so melted and gooey. Promise me you’ll eat these bars warm -they are absolutely incredible!
Ingredients in Marshmallow Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Brown sugar – For best results, make sure your brown sugar is fresh and soft. I use light brown sugar in this recipe, but dark brown sugar would work well too.
Oil – The original recipe called for vegetable oil, but I’ve always used coconut oil and it works perfectly!
Vanilla extract – The higher the quality of the vanilla, the better.
Egg – You only need one egg to bind everything together.
Flour – All-purpose flour works best, but you can definitely use a gluten-free substitute if you prefer.
Oats – I usually use old-fashioned oats, but quick oats work well too! Or even a combination of the two.
Salt – A little bit of salt really helps all of the other flavors to pop.
Baking soda – The baking soda acts as the leavening agent in the cookie dough. Make sure that the baking soda isn’t old or expired for best results.
Chocolate chips – You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips. I often use the mini ones, but the regular sized ones work just as well!
Marshmallows – Make sure to use mini marshmallows so that they will be able to melt down properly.
HOW TO MAKE MARSHMALLOW OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, stir the brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg together until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the brown sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
Place half of the dough in a greased 9X13 pan. Use your fingers to press the crust evenly over the bottom of the whole pan.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crust and then sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the top of the chocolate chips.
Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the top and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
I like to eat these warm, so let them cool for just a few minutes before scooping and serving. You may have to eat them with a spoon if they are still warm enough! If you have more patience, you can wait until they are cooled and then slice and serve.
Marshmallow Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats (I prefer old-fashioned, but quick oats work well too!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Separate the dough in half and pack one half of the dough into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough and then sprinkle the marshmallows on top.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- I think these taste better warm, but they are a little bit crumbly at that point so you may need to eat them with a spoon! Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Do I eat these marshmallow oatmeal bars warm or cold?
You can eat them either way but I personally think that they taste so much better when they are warm. Just keep in mind that they are crumbly while warm and will need to be eaten with a fork or a spoon. I usually wait about 5-10 minutes after taking them out of the oven and then attack them with a spoon straight out of the 9X13!
If you don’t eat the whole pan right after it comes out of the oven, the bars can easily be heated up later in the microwave. And they really are pretty good at room temperature too.
What type of oats to use in Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars?
I usually use old-fashioned oats in these bars because I like the chewier texture. I have also used quick oats and they work great too, but will be a little more dense and not quite as chewy. Sometimes I even use a combination of the two!
How to store oatmeal marshmallow bars
Keep the bars in a covered baking dish or in an airtight container after they’ve finished cooling down completely. This will help to extend their shelf life and will let them taste great for up to a week.
You can also cut the bars up and wrap them individually in plastic wrap to be frozen. When you are ready to eat them, you can remove them and let them thaw at room temperature for about 30-60 minutes. Just make sure that the bars are completely cooled before freezing, and when you are ready to serve them, heat them in the microwave and they will taste like they just came out of the oven!
More bar desserts and treats to try
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie Brownie Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Crumb Topped Apple Pie Bars
- Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars
- No Bake Smores Bars
Sweet and chewy oatmeal marshmallow chocolate chip bars are a delicious treat that are easy to make and absolutely delicious to eat.