Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars are a delicious combination of everything good in life. This recipe is so simple and easy to make that you won’t mind making it often.
These marshmallow oatmeal bars re so good that it has taken me years to track down the original recipe because my replications never held up to the real deal. Thankfully I found it and can share it here with you all!
What Are Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars?
Very similar to oatmeal marshmallow chocolate cookies are these bar treats. Made with some simple dough, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and oats, they’re simply amazing.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars Ingredients
-Brown sugar: the brown sugar in this recipe helps to add sweetness and depth, while regular sugar could work in a pinch, it simply isn’t the same.
-Coconut oil: The original recipe calls for vegetable oil, so you could use that but I think that coconut oil works perfectly here.
-Vanilla: Adding a little vanilla extract will help to give a great base point for the other flavors to work off of.
-Egg: We only need one egg, but it works great at helping to bind the dough together.
-Flour: using a few cups of all-purpose flour we can create the base of the dough in this recipe.
-Oatmeal: You can use any type of oats for this recipe but know that whichever one you choose will affect the overall texture of the dish.
-Salt: Salt works to help make the other flavors pop and taste better.
-Baking soda: This is a much needed leavening agent to help the bars turn out properly.
-Chocolate chips: I like using mini chocolate chips but you can use whichever ones you like best.
-Marshmallows: Regular miniature marshmallows work great for this recipe because they are the perfect size.
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg.
In another bowl combine the flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda.
Add the dry mixture to the wet one and stir to combine.
Separate the dough in half and pour half into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough and then sprinkle the marshmallows over the top of that.
Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the marshmallows and then bake at 350F degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cup miniature marshmallows
- Mix brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Separate the dough in half and pack one half of the dough into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough and then sprinkle the marshmallows on top.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- I think these taste better warm, but they are a little bit crumbly at that point so you may need to eat them with a spoon! Enjoy!
Do I eat these marshmallow oatmeal bars warm or cold?
You can eat them either way but I personally think that they taste best when slightly warmed. Just keep in mind that they are crumbly while warm and need to be eaten with a fork or a spoon. Yum!
How to store oatmeal marshmallow bars
Keep the bars in a covered baking dish or in an airtight container after they’ve finished cooling down completely. This will help to extend their shelf life and will let them taste great for up to a week.
More bar desserts and treats to try
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Crumb Topped Apple Pie Bars
- Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- No Bake Smores Bars
Sweet and chewy oatmeal marshmallow chocolate chip bars are a delicious treat that’s easy to make and so much fun to eat. They’ll quickly become a family favorite.