Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars made with fresh apple, brown sugar, graham crackers & cinnamon! Simple baked apple bars recipe topped with a vanilla glaze.
You’re going to love these apple pie bars with streusel topping because they not only taste great, but they’re also easy to make. What makes them even better is that once cut, you have way more servings than with a traditional apple pie! That makes these apple cinnamon crumb bars perfect for family gatherings, potlucks or the holidays!
-Make a graham cracker crust and place it at the bottom of a large pan, reserving some for the top.
-Sprinkle on the remaining crumb mixture and then give the dessert a powdered sugar glaze.
-Enjoy it warm, cold or slightly cooled!
Can you use canned apple pie filling?
Yes, you can use canned apple pie filling to make these apple cinnamon crumb bars. Not only would it help to cut down on the prep time, but it could help reduce dirty dishes too. You’ll want to drain the apple pie filling as much as you can and then chop up the apples. Make sure you use 2 cup’s worth in the recipe.
What kind of apples should I use for this recipe?
If you’re following along and making the apple filling from scratch, you can choose any apples that you want. I personally prefer a baking apple because they are more sturdy and yield better flavors and textures once cooked. Some examples include pink lady, honey crisp and granny smith. You can choose any variety or combination depending on what you want.
Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars Ingredients
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup graham cracker crumbs
-1 cup butter, divided
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-about 2 cups chopped apple (1.5-2 apples, depending on size)
-3/4 cup powdered sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2-3 TBSP hot water
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment and then set it aside.
Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup melted butter, granulated sugar, and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
Meanwhile, toss the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar with the apples. Spoon the apples over the baked crust. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup butter into the remaining 1 cup crumb mixture until well incorporated. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until apples are soft. Let cool for 20 minutes.
Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, adding in the hot water until glaze is pourable. Drizzle the glaze over the apple bars. Let it cool completely to set. Cut them into squares and serve. Store the leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerated leftovers will last longer, but it’s not necessary.
Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed and divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped apple about 1.5-2 apples
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment and set aside.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup melted butter, granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar with apples. Spoon apples over baked crust. Stir remaining 1/4 cup butter into remaining 1 cup crumb mixture until well incorporated. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until apples are soft. Cool 20 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients, adding hot water until glaze is pourable. Drizzle over apple bars. Let cool completely to set. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerated leftovers will last longer, but it's not necessary.
Can you freeze apple crumb bars?
Yes, any cut serving portions would do well in the freezer for up to a few weeks. I recommend cutting the bars into the desired serving sizes and then freezing flat before wrapping in plastic wrap and transferring to a Ziploc baggie. This makes it really easy to grab a snack on the go or to toss a portion into a lunch bag.
Can you make apple cinnamon crumb bars in advance?
If you want to prep it the night before and cook it in the morning or if you want to prep it in the morning and cook it fresh for a dessert after dinner, you’re in luck! This recipe can be prepared in a 9×13 pan and covered in the fridge for a few hours before baking. That means you can enjoy these crumb bars fresh from the oven as intended. Yum!
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups
- Apple Cider Syrup
- Chocolate Caramel Apples
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Apple Spice Cake
- Apple Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Skillet Cinnamon Apples
You’re going to enjoy these apple cinnamon crumb bars with vanilla glaze. This simple apple recipe is one that you can appreciate for special occasions and just for fun.