Easy Apple Cider Syrup made with simple ingredients including apple cider & pumpkin pie spice! This delightful homemade syrup recipe is easy to make and tastes wonderful. Perfect flavors for Fall breakfasts!
Homemade Apple Cider Syrup is simple to make and you’ll adore the warm, festive flavors. It’s perfect for gift-giving and tastes amazing on pancakes, waffles and even vanilla ice cream and pound cake! This apple cider recipe brings you those fun fall vibes no matter the season.
Ingredients needed to make Apple Syrup
Here’s what you’ll need to make this syrup recipe:
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- apple cider- I prefer Honey Crisp apple cider since I think it tastes the best
- lemon juice
- Containers to store the syrup in; I prefer to use 4 8-oz canning jars
How to make Apple Cider Syrup
To make apple cider homemade syrup, you start by whisking the sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice together in a medium sized saucepan.
Turn the heat on medium, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down a little bit. Set a timer for 30 minutes, but stir occasionally.
Add the putter in and stir it in gently until the butter has melted completely. Take the pan off the heat. Pour the syrup into the canning jars. After you’re done pouring the syrup into the jars, store them in the fridge.
When you are ready to use your syrup, take the lid off your jar and microwave for a minute. Then pour it on your pancakes, waffles, ice cream, pound cake, or whatever you’d like!
How is syrup made?
There are many, many different kinds of syrup, and how they’re made depends on what kind of syrup you’re making. Typically, syrup is made from boiling sugar with butter and a liquid, then cooling it slowly. In this case the liquid is apple cider, which is what gives it that classic fall taste!
Does Homemade syrup expire?
Syrup has a long shelf life when refrigerated. Because it’s made with preserving ingredients like sugar and water, it stays fresh for up to 6 months when stored in the fridge.
Can you freeze apple syrup?
Syrup keeps best in the freezer. However, it won’t freeze solid. Just remember to store it in airtight jars or containers.
Apple Cider Syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 6 TBSP butter
- 4 8-oz canning jars
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Pour in apple cider and lemon juice, then stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat slightly. Set timer and boil for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in butter and stir gently until melted. Remove from heat and transfer to canning jars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Remove lid and microwave for 1 minute prior to serving.
Trying to find more Homemade Syrup recipes?
Thinking more classic? Here’s our Amazing Butter Syrup Recipe!
If you want a really tasty syrup recipe, check out this Strawberry Syrup served on Lemon Crepes!
Enjoy apple recipes? Here are more of our favorites:
- Dutch Apple Bread
- Best Ever Apple Recipes to make ASAP!
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Fried Cinnamon Apples
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Bread
- Easy Apple Dumplings recipe
- Maple Pecan Apple Crisp
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
- Apple Crisp with Oatmeal
- Chocolate Caramel Apples
- Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles
This is probably one of my favorite apple cider recipes, and one of my favorite homemade syrups! Whether you use it as a pancake syrup, or a waffle syrup, or even an ice cream syrup, it’s sure to bring classic Fall flavors to your dish.