No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes are darling mini cheesecakes shaped to look like mugs of hot cocoa! Simple recipe made with cream cheese, whipping cream, cocoa & an Oreo crust!
No bake chocolate cheesecakes are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion! Best of all, this mini cheesecake recipes require no baking, which means you can enjoy them in no time at all.
Understanding No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes
No-bake cheesecakes are a popular dessert in my house, they are simple easy to make and requires no baking. They are made with a cookie crumb crust, a creamy filling, and can be topped with a variety of toppings. For our treats, we went with a Hot Chocolate theme and they turned out so cute and fun!
The crust comes together quickly by combining cookie crumbs and melted butter. To prepare the filling, the cream cheese is softened and beaten until smooth, then combined with a homemade chocolate whipped cream to create a light and creamy filling. We top our mini cheesecakes with more whipped cream, marshmallows and add a fun chocolate pretzel handle.!
These mini treats are perfect for any occasion and can be made in advance, making them a great option for entertaining or just a casual night at home with your family.
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
Pretzels: For a fun and delicious addition to these mini cheese cakes, you will need 12 thin, big looped pretzels for the cup handles.
Chocolate chips: You need 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, melted, to coat the pretzels.
Oreo cookies: Use 15 Oreo cookies, crushed, for the base of the cheese cakes.
Butter: To bind the Oreo cookie crust together, you need 4 TBSP of butter, melted.
Cream cheese: For the smooth filling, add in 16-oz of cream cheese, softened (2 blocks).
Cocoa powder: Using ½ cup of cocoa powder will give the filling amazing flavor.
Yogurt: To thin out the thick cream cheese texture, add in 3 TBSP of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Sugar: Adding in ½ cup of sugar will sweeten up the filling perfectly.
Vanilla extract: Enhance the amazing flavors in this recipe by using 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Heavy cream: You will need ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream to create a wonderfully fluffy filling.
Powder sugar: Adding 3 TBSP of powdered sugar to the whipped cream will make it nice and sweet.
Marshmallows: Hot chocolate isn’t complete without marshmallows, you will need about ½ cup of mini marshmallows to add to the top of each cheese cake.
How to make No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
Get started by preparing your chocolate handles by carefully breaking the pretzels, making the two loops to be the handle shape. Then melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and dip the pretzel handles into the chocolate, completely coating it. Lay them on a parchment paper lined pan and place in the refrigerator. Save the rest of the melted chocolate for later, letting it cool on the counter.
Next, place the Oreo cookies in a blender and pulse until they are small crumbs. Then transfer them to a small bowl and add the melted butter. Stir to combine and set the mixture aside.
Place the softened cream cheese, cocoa powder, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Set this aside as well.
After that, mix the cold heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Using an electric mixer works best, it typically takes about 5 minutes for this step.
Next, scoop out about ½-¾ cup of the whipped cream to save for decorating the cheesecakes at the end.
Now, grab the rest of the melted chocolate that was cooling and add it to the bowl of whipped cream and mix together.
Then carefully mix the cream cheese mixture and chocolate whipped cream together.
Proceed to assemble your cheesecakes by placing cupcake liners in a regular sized muffin tin.
Then press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the liners, making sure to press the crumbs down well. It helps to use a flat round surface when pressing the Oreo crumbs into the cupcake liners. I used what I had on hand which happened to be a toothpick container.
Next, add the cheesecake mixture on top of the Oreo crust until level with the liner. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, optimally 2-3 hours.
After the cheesecakes are set, remove each from the pan and gently remove the liners as well. Use a butter knife to smooth out the liner edges. Then carefully place the chocolate covered pretzel handles onto the cheesecakes, pressing them in gently.
Pipe or spoon the whipped cream onto the top and add 3 mini marshmallows on top of the cream. You can sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top if you’d like!
Serve and enjoy!
Possible Variations for Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes
There are many ways to customize and add variety to no-bake hot chocolate cheesecakes. Here are a few ideas to get started:
Crust Variations: The crust is the foundation of the cheesecake and can greatly impact the overall flavor and texture. Consider trying out different types of crusts, such as:
- Chocolate graham cracker crust
- Shortbread crust
- Pretzel crust
Topping Variations: Toppings can add a pop of color and flavor to the cheesecake. Some popular topping options include:
- Chocolate shavings
- Crushed candy canes
- Caramel sauce
Cheesecake Flavors: While hot chocolate flavor is a classic, there are many other flavors that can be incorporated into the cheesecake filling. Some ideas include:
- Peanut butter cup
- Salted caramel
Serving Variations: Presentation can make all the difference, and there are many ways to serve no-bake hot chocolate cheesecakes. Some options to consider include:
- Cheesecake bites on skewers
- Cheesecake jars for easy transport
- Traditional slices with a dollop of whipped cream on top
No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes
- 12 thin big looped pretzels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- 15 oreo cookies
- 4 TBSP butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened (2 blocks)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP powdered sugar
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Chocolate handles: Prepare your chocolate handles by carefully breaking the pretzels, making the two loops to be the handle shape. Then melt 1 cup chocolate chips and dip the pretzel handles into the chocolate, completely coating it. Lay them on a parchment paper lined pan and place in the refrigerator. Save the rest of the melted chocolate for later, letting it cool on the counter.
- Crust: Place the Oreo cookies in a blender and pulse until they are small crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl and add the melted butter. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Filling: Place the softened cream cheese, cocoa powder, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the cold heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Scoop out about ½-¾ cup to save for decorating the cheesecakes at the end. Add the rest of the cooled melted chocolate to the bowl of whipped cream and mix together.
- Carefully mix the cream cheese mixture and chocolate whipped cream together.
- Assemble: Assemble your cheesecakes by placing cupcake liners in a regular sized muffin tin.
- Press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the liners, making sure to press the crumbs down well. Add the cheesecake mixture on top of the Oreo crust until level with the liner. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, optimally 2-3 hours.
- Decorate: After the cheesecakes are set, remove each from the pan and gently the liners. Use a butter knife to smooth out the liner edges. Then carefully place the chocolate covered pretzel handles onto the cheesecakes, pressing them in gently.
- Pipe or spoon the whipped cream onto the top and add 3 mini marshmallows on top of the cream. You can sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top if you'd like! Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can you make no-bake cheesecakes with condensed milk?
To make no-bake hot chocolate cheesecakes with condensed milk, you will need to mix together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, hot chocolate mix, and vanilla extract until smooth. Then, fold in whipped cream before pouring the mixture into individual cups or a pie dish. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.
Baked vs. no-bake cheesecake taste?
Baked cheesecake tends to have a denser, creamier texture with a slightly tangy flavor. No-bake cheesecake, on the other hand, has a lighter, fluffier texture with a sweeter taste. Additionally, no-bake cheesecake is easier to make and does not require an oven.
Is it possible for no-bake cheesecake to become hard?
No-bake cheesecake can become hard if it is over-mixed or over-chilled. To prevent this, be sure to mix the ingredients until just combined and chill the cheesecake for the recommended amount of time. If the cheesecake does become too hard, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to soften it up.
How to Store No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes
Once the No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes are prepared, they need to be stored properly to maintain their texture and flavor. Here are some tips on how to store them:
- Refrigerate: The No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Freeze: If you want to store the cheesecakes for a longer period, you can freeze them. Wrap each cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Thawing: When you want to eat the cheesecakes, you can thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. Do not thaw them at room temperature as this can cause the cheesecake to become too soft and lose its texture.
- Toppings: If you have added toppings like whipped cream or chocolate shavings, it is best to add them just before serving. This will prevent the toppings from becoming soggy or melting.
- Storage Time: It is important to note that the longer the cheesecakes are stored, the more likely they are to lose their texture and flavor. It is best to consume them within the recommended storage time for the best taste and texture.
Try more of our favorite No-Bake recipes here:
- NO BAKE MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN PIE
- NO BAKE ECLAIR CAKE
- BEST, EASY NO BAKE DESSERTS
- NO BAKE KOOL AID PIE
- NO BAKE PEACHES AND CREAM PIE
- NO BAKE MINI OREO CHEESECAKES
- NO BAKE OREO CAKE
- NO BAKE MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES
- REESE’S KRISPIE NO BAKE COOKIES
- NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- MINI NO BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKES
- NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKES
- NO BAKE BLACKBERRY CHEESECAKE
To make No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecakes, all you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. These mini cheesecakes are perfect for any occasion and can be made in advance, making them a great option for entertaining.