Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll…your new favorite breakfast! It takes the delicious egg, ham, and cheese flavor combination and gives it a lovely twist, while remaining simple to make.
You’ll absolutely adore this easy-to-make but gorgeous ham and cheese omelet roll! Light, but flavorful and so simple, plus it’s easy to make and is perfect for breakfast or brunch!
I got this lovely idea for an omelet roll from an old Taste of Home cookbook. It has great flavor and I absolutely love the presentation. It’s one of those recipes that looks like it’s either difficult, took a lot of time or both…yet I’m happy to tell you – it’s none of the above! It truly is simple to make. And yet your guests/family will be so impressed when you serve this to them in the morning. Add some fresh fruit on the side, and voila – you’re sure to have the perfect start to a great day.
What is a ham and cheese omelet roll?
It’s a fabulous brunch or breakfast recipe that’s as savory as it is delicious. A fun way to serve up a crepe-looking omelet packed with flavor and good stuff. You’re going to love this simple recipe and may even find it’s easier to make and serve than a more traditional omelet.
Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll Ingredients
-Cream cheese: We want to use 2 ounces of softened cream cheese in our egg mix as it adds a great flavor and texture.
-Flour: Adding in 1 tablespoon of flour will help the omelet to turn out incredible.
-Milk: 6 tablespoons of milk will give us a fluffier omelet.
-Ranch powder: To give us a lot of flavor with little effort we want to use 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing.
-Onion powder: Just 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder will help to make this omelet taste wonderful.
-Eggs: We need 7 eggs to be the base of our egg mixture.
-Ham: With 1/2 a mounded cup of diced ham we can have enough meat for all of our omelet rolls.
-Cheese: We need 1 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese, plus some more for topping it off.
-Salt and pepper: This is the basic seasoning combination that you will want to add “to taste” meaning add in a little or a lot depending on what you personally enjoy eating.
How to make Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, flour, milk, ranch dressing, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Whisk in the 7 eggs.
Add in the ham and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish or a quarter sized baking sheet. Make sure that the pan or sheet has been lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake the mixture for 20-22 minutes until the edges have set and are beginning to puff up.
Remove the pan from the oven and spread the top of the eggs with cheese. Let it rest for 5-8 minutes until cheese has melted.
Beginning on one end of the long side, gently roll up the baked eggs.
Place the egg rolls seam side down on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 TBSP flour
- 6 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP Ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 mounded cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese + more for topping
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together cream cheese, flour, milk, Ranch dressing, onion powder and salt & pepper. Whisk in eggs. Add in ham and stir to combine. Pour into a 9x13 pan (or quarter bakers sheet like I used) that's been lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until edges are beginning to puff up.
- Remove from oven and spread top of eggs with cheese. Let sit 5-8 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Beginning on one of the long sides, gently roll up baked eggs. (Egg is easier to roll if it's cooled somewhat. Your egg might split and that's okay- it will still be fine!) Place roll seam side down on baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes prior to slicing.
- Serves 5-6.
Can omelet rolls be made in advance?
These omelet rolls can be prepped in advance meaning that the ingredients can be chopped, shredded, or egg mixture mixed in advance but a good omelet is served warm and fresh from the stove, not only that but a warmer omelet rolls much more easily and that is what we want for a nice presentation.
Can other omelet flavors work in roll form?
Yes, if the pieces (cooked veggies, meats, etc.) are chopped small enough they can be rolled too. You don’t want to use anything too large or too “raw” as that is much harder to roll and could create lumps of tears in the egg mixture.
If you love our Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll, be sure to check out a few of our other favorite breakfast recipes!
- MAPLE BACON PANCAKES
- 3-INGREDIENT BAKED PUMPKIN DONUTS
- ONE-HOUR ORANGE ROLLS
- RASPBERRY OATMEAL BARS
- BEST FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- BAKED OATMEAL CUPS
- HASH BROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- CROCKPOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- BACON BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE
- BREAKFAST ROLLS
- CHEESY HASHBROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- BEST BREAKFAST RECIPES
- OATMEAL WAFFLES
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
- PROTEIN BREAKFAST WRAPS
These ham and cheese omelet rolls are easy to make and so much fun to eat and present. A simple way of making your favorite breakfast dish in that not only looks good but tastes good too!