Bacon Breakfast scramble is an easy skillet breakfast casserole recipe everyone enjoys. Protein packed with eggs, bacon and hash brown potatoes, this scramble comes together fast and can feed a crowd!
Tip for Making Potatoes and Eggs with Bacon
This breakfast recipe does come together fairly quickly, but it can be made even faster if you cook the bacon beforehand. If you want to make this breakfast on a busy weekday before putting the kids on the bus, make the bacon the night before and keep it in the fridge. Then you can be serving up this breakfast egg scramble recipe within 10-15 minutes!
An even quicker idea is to use pre-cooked bacon or even bacon crumbles!
Absolutely! Use whatever breakfast meat (or non-meat) of choice. Whatever you prefer is fine. I simply recommend that you cook all the meats before adding them to the potatoes.
Can I Cook the Bacon With The Potatoes?
Cooking the bacon separately allows it to cook crisp. If you cook bacon with other foods, the moisture affects the texture and it will never quite get crisp.
Here’s what you’ll need to make breakfast:
-Olive oil or butter
-chopped cooked bacon
– frozen Potatoes O Brien
-6 eggs whisked
-garlic salt, as well as salt & pepper
-cheddar cheese, if desired
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until desired crispiness. Remove the bacon and then set it aside on a paper towel. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet (unless you like bacon grease you can use that instead of adding olive oil for the next step).
Heat the oil in the skillet and then add in O’Brien potatoes with garlic salt and cook until tender. About 6-8 min. Add the bacon back into the skillet with the potatoes.
Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until they are well mixed and some slight bubbles appear, pour the mixture over the potatoes evenly. Lower the temp to medium low so the eggs don’t burn and then let it rest for about 1 min. Stir to mix the potatoes and eggs together.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are fully cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
It is delicious just like this or you can add cheese, salsa or sour cream. My favorite topping is green salsa!
Bacon Breakfast Egg Scramble
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or butter, or bacon grease
- 1/2 lb Chopped Bacon cooked and set aside
- 3 cups Frozen Potatoes O Brien
- 6 Eggs Whisked
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat bacon and cook till desired crispiness. Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel. Drain bacon grease from the skillet (unless you like bacon grease you can use that instead of adding olive oil for the next step)
- Heat oil in the skillet and add O’Brien potatoes with garlic salt and cook until tender, About 6-8 min. Add bacon back to the skillet with the potatoes
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until well mixed and slight bubbles appear, pour over potatoes evenly. Lower the temp to medium low so the eggs don’t burn and let rest for about 1 min. Then stir to mix in the potatoes and eggs together.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are fully cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheddar cheese, salsa, hot sauce, etc!
Can I make breakfast scramble ahead?
You can cook your egg scramble ahead of time and store it in an airtight container inside of the fridge for up to 5 days. Just reheat it in a microwave safe bowl until it’s warmed thoroughly.
Can I Use Regular Hash Brown Potatoes?
Yes, you can use regular hash browns instead of Potatoes O’Brien. Use what you’d like! You can even use fresh potatoes, although I recommend soaking them after washing and chopping them up. Soaking in cold water will remove some of the starch and allow your hash browns to cook without going mushy or discoloring.
More Breakfast Recipes!
- Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Protein Breakfast Wraps
- Breakfast Rolls
- Banana Cinnamon Breakfast Cake
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pockets
- Breakfast Rolls
- Southwest Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Pancake Pizzas
- Easy Breakfast Skewers
- Easy Breakfast Nachos
- Holiday Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches
- Breakfast Burrito
- Breakfast Cake
- Peaches and Cream Waffles
With a simple Bacon Breakfast Skillet, you’re going to have a delicious breakfast that everybody loves. Eggs, bacon, and potatoes are always a huge hit around here, and I’m sure they’ll be a hit in your home too! Bacon Breakfast scramble is an easy skillet breakfast casserole recipe everyone enjoys. Protein packed with eggs, bacon and hash brown potatoes, this scramble comes together fast and can feed a crowd!