Simple & flavorful Banana Pudding Recipe made with pudding mix, milk, vanilla wafers, condensed milk, whipped topping & fresh bananas. A delightful banana dessert everyone loves!
Using a pudding mix for banana pudding trifle ensures the consistency of the pudding will be smooth and creamy, without any lumps or bumps. The addition of sliced bananas and vanilla wafers make the dish even more delicious!
Taste & Texture of Banana Pudding with Vanilla Wafers
Easy Banana Pudding made with a pudding mix is a classic dessert that is loved by many. The combination of creamy pudding, fresh bananas, and vanilla wafers creates a delightful treat that is perfect for any occasion.
The taste of banana pudding with vanilla wafers is sweet and creamy, with a subtle banana flavor that is not overpowering. The vanilla wafers add a delicious crunch to the dessert, creating a perfect balance of texture. The pudding itself is smooth and velvety, with a consistency that is neither too thick nor too thin. Vanilla wafers also play an important role in the texture of the dessert. They soften slightly when mixed with the pudding and bananas, creating a pleasant contrast to the creamy pudding and fresh fruit.
Variations and Substitutions for Banana Pudding Trifle
- Dietary Adjustments: Instead of using regular milk, you can use almond milk or coconut milk to make it vegan-friendly. Additionally, you can use sugar-free pudding mix and low-fat whipped cream to reduce the calorie count. For those with dietary restrictions, there are several options available. If you are lactose intolerant, you can use lactose-free milk or a non-dairy milk alternative. If you are gluten-free, you can use gluten-free cookies or make your own gluten-free cookies.
- Flavor Tweaks: In lieu of vanilla pudding mix, you can use banana cream pudding mix to intensify the banana flavor. You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg to the pudding mix to give it a warm, spicy flavor. For those who want to add a bit of texture to their pudding, you can add chopped nuts or crushed cookies to the pudding mixture.
- Toppings Add-ons: Feel free to try different toppings or layers in this pudding trifle. You can crush the vanilla wafers and sprinkle those on top of each serving for added crunch. If vanilla wafters aren’t your favorite, you can also use chessman, shortbread cookies, or graham crackers. Another decadent add on would be to drizzle chocolate syrup on the top, yum!
Banana Pudding Ingredients
Pudding: You need one 5-oz box of instant vanilla pudding to simplify the base of this dessert recipe.
Milk: Add 2 cups of whole milk to make the pudding nice and creamy once it has set.
Condensed milk: To sweeten the pudding slightly and help create a thick consistency, use one 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk.
Vanilla extract: Enhance all the wonderful flavors in this dish by adding 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Whipped topping: For a fluffy and soft pudding texture, add one 8-oz tub of whipped topping (thawed), divided.
Bananas: You will need about 4 large bananas for a tasty addition in this dessert recipe.
Vanilla wafers: Using one 12-oz box of vanilla wafer cookies will give this banana pudding a great texture and more incredible flavor.
How to make Easy Banana Pudding Trifle
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the vanilla pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk together, then stir in the vanilla extract.
Continue to cover the bowl and refrigerate the pudding mix for 30 minutes.
Once the pudding has chilled and set, using a spatula, fold half of the whipped topping into the pudding until combined.
Also, grab the bananas and dice them into 1/2″ slices and keep them nearby for the next steps.
Next, in a trifle dish or large bowl, cover the bottom with one layer of the vanilla wafer cookies. Then top them with a layer of sliced bananas and then ⅓ of the pudding mix. Proceed to repeat these steps with 2 more layers ending with pudding mix as the top layer.
After assembly is complete, cover the dish again and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Top with additional whipped cream, extra banana slices, and vanilla wafers. Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
Easy Banana Pudding
- 5 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed, divided
- 4 large bananas
- 12 oz box vanilla wafers
- Pudding: In a large mixing bowl, whisk vanilla pudding, milk, and sweetened condensed milk together then stir in the vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate the pudding mix for 30 minutes.
- Prep: Once the pudding has chilled and set, using a spatula, fold half of the whipped topping into the pudding until combined.
- Grab the bananas and dice them into 1/2" slices and keep them nearby for the next steps.
- Assemble: In a trifle dish or large bowl, cover the bottom with one layer of the vanilla wafers. Top with a layer of sliced bananas and then ⅓ of the pudding mix. Repeat with 2 more layers ending with pudding mix.
- Chill: Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve: Top with whipped cream, extra banana slices, and vanilla wafers.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Helpful Tips for a Perfect Banana Pudding
Here are a few helpful tips and tricks for making sure you have a delicious and appetizing banana pudding trifle!
- Serving: Consider serving banana pudding in mini dessert cups or a 9×13 casserole dish. If you choose mini cups, you can assemble each cup individually to ensure a well balanced combination of ingredients.
- Bananas: Be sure to slice the bananas as you need them, so they don’t turn brown. You can start with 2-3 bananas, then if you need more you can slice additional bananas.
- Toppings: Wait until just before serving to top with additional whipped topping or it will deflate. Adding a dallop of whipped cream and a couple more slices of banana right before serving will add to the presentation of the dessert as well.
Can I use cream cheese in this banana pudding trifle?
Cream cheese can add a rich and creamy texture to banana pudding made with a pudding mix. To incorporate cream cheese into your banana pudding, simply blend it with the pudding mix and milk before allowing it to set in the fridge. Another option is to layer softened cream cheese with the pudding mixture and bananas in your dish, creating a cheesecake-like texture.
How can I make a simple 3-ingredient banana pudding?
To make a simple 3-ingredient banana pudding with a pudding mix, you will need a box of instant banana pudding mix, milk, and vanilla wafers. Simply whisk the pudding mix with the milk according to the package instructions, layer it with sliced bananas and vanilla wafers in a dish, and refrigerate until set. This easy recipe is a delicious and quick dessert option for any occasion.
How long is Banana Pudding good for and how do I store it?
Refrigeration Guidelines: Easy Banana Pudding made with pudding mix is best stored in the refrigerator. Place the pudding in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap before storing it in the fridge. This will prevent the pudding from drying out and absorbing any unwanted odors from other foods in the fridge.
Stored properly, the pudding can last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. However, it is recommended to consume it within 2 days for optimal freshness and taste. Before serving, give the pudding a quick stir to ensure that it is evenly mixed and smooth.
Freezing and Thawing: If you have leftover Easy Banana Pudding that you want to save for later, you can freeze it. Place the pudding in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. This will prevent freezer burn and help maintain the pudding’s texture and flavor.
Stored in the freezer, the pudding can last for up to 2 months. When you are ready to serve the pudding, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Avoid thawing it at room temperature or in the microwave, as this can cause the pudding to become watery and lose its texture.
Once thawed, give the pudding a quick stir to ensure that it is evenly mixed and smooth before serving. If the pudding appears to be too thick or lumpy after thawing, add a small amount of milk and stir until it reaches the desired consistency.
Love pudding? Give some of these amazing recipes a try:
- Layered Oreo Pudding Dessert
- Lemon Pudding Cookies
- Vanilla Pudding from Scratch
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Spring Flower Pudding Cups
- Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding Pops
- Mint Oreo Pudding Cookies
- Vanilla Pudding Banana Bread
- Cocoa Puffs Pudding Poke Cake
- Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake
- Cherry Pudding Fudge Squares
Easy Banana Pudding Recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients to create a smooth and creamy dissert. This incredible banana dessert is a perfect combination of flavor and texture!