Marshmallow Chocolate No Bake Bars are a delightful and delicious dessert that requires zero baking time! These chocolate marshmallow bars come together quickly, they use simple ingredients and the results are incredible tasty treats.
These no bake chocolate marshmallow squares are a fantastic recipe if you are a marshmallow and peanut butter lover. This marshmallow chocolate bar is sweet, chewy and absolutely delightful!
Easy No Bake Marshmallow Chocolate Bars
No-bake bars are a heavenly and slightly addictive recipe that do not require any time in an oven. They also do not include ingredients such as eggs or flour, both of which have harmful bacteria if not heated. A lot of no bake recipes include peanut butter as well, which this one does as well. This is also a great recipe during the warmer months of the year, you can create a tasty treat without turning the oven on and heating the house up any more than it already is. Give them a try today and see just how amazing they taste!
Why we think you will love these no bake dessert bars
Here are a few reasons why we love these sweet treats and think you will too. `
- No bake, no heat. This recipe is a great one to make during the warm months, you can create some lovely sweet treats but not add any more heat to your house. Win win if you ask me!
- Easy recipe. I don’t know about you but I love a good after dinner dessert. And with the least amount of effort as possible too please. With this no-bake dessert you can have a fantastic treat with very little effort.
- Simple ingredients. There is nothing better than a recipe with very few and very simple ingredients. With under 10 ingredients and most of them being staple kitchen and pantry items, the chances are strong you can whip up this recipe fast.
No Bake Chocolate No Bake Bars
Butter: You need 1/2 stick of butter, this is equal to 4 tablespoons.
Milk: Using 1/2 cup of milk will give these bars some much needed moisture to create the perfect texture.
Sugar: Add in 2 cups of sugar to give this treat the right amount of sweetness.
Vanilla extract: To help enhance all the wonderful flavors in this recipe, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Salt: For a well balanced flavor, use 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Cocoa powder: To give these bars an amazing chocolatey flavor, add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Peanut butter: You will need 1/2 cup of peanut butter to help bind all the ingredients together.
Oats: Use 2 1/2 cups of quick oats to give these bars a nice chewy texture.
Marshmallows: Adding 1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows is a perfect addition to this incredible treat.
How to make Marshmallow Chocolate No Bake Squares
In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, milk, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring the ingredients to a boil and let boil for about 90 seconds. Set a time because boiling longer will make cookies dry.
Then, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, peanut butter, and then the oats. Stir the oats in 1 cup at a time to check the consistency. Adding too many oats will make the mixture too thick and will make them dry as well. Stir to combine and make sure everything is well mixed.
Lastly, stir in the marshmallows and mix until just combined. If you over-stir you will lose the marshmallow-swirly effect.
Immediately press into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Let the bars cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate No Bake Bars
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, milk, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring the ingredients to a boil and let boil for about 90 seconds. Set a time because boiling longer will make cookies dry.
- Then, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, peanut butter, and then the oats. Stir the oats in 1 cup at a time to check the consistency. Adding too many oats will make the mixture too thick and will make them dry as well. Stir to combine and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Lastly, stir in the marshmallows and mix until just combined. If you over-stir you will lose the marshmallow-swirly effect.
- Immediately press into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Let the bars cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!
WHICH OATS ARE BEST FOR NO BAKE RECIPE?
Different recipes will call for different kinds of oats, but to make the best no bake bars, you should use quick oats. Using different kinds of oats will change the texture of the treat, and you risk them not setting up right.
CAN NO BAKE BARS BE FROZEN?
Yes, these treat bars can absolutely be frozen. It will help them firm up, and in my opinion, taste better! Especially in the summer. Although, mine are always eaten before I even open the freezer!
DO NO BAKE BARS NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
I highly recommend putting no bake bars in the fridge, it will help the cookies to hold a firmer shape. They also will last longer if you keep them in the fridge. However, they technically don’t have to be refrigerated. You can store them in an airtight container in room temperature and they will be fine too. It just depends on your preference, if you like them room temperature or chilled.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR NO BAKE COOKIES TO SET?
These bars only take about 15-20 minutes to cool and set up at room temperature, but you can reduce that time by at least half if you let them set up in the refrigerator. If you prefer the taste and texture of these bars at room temperature just make sure to remove them from the refrigerator once set.
Chocolate and marshmallow lover? Try more great recipes here!
- S’MORES COOKIES
- S’MORES KRISPIE TREATS
- S’MORES FUDGE
- S’MORES POKE CAKE
- LAYERED S’MORES KRISPIES
- BAKED SMORES BARS
- CAMPFIRE S’MORES COOKIES
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- Tiger Butter Fudge
Marshmallow Chocolate No Bake Bars are a wonderful and enjoyable dessert that requires no baking! These chocolate marshmallow bars come together fast, they use simple ingredients and the end result is an amazing treat.