No-Bake Chocolate Marshmallow Bars are a fantastic summer-time treat made with peanut butter, oats and marshmallows. Tasty chocolate dessert for when it’s too hot to turn the oven on!
This easy no bake dessert recipe is a fantastic one if you are a marshmallow and peanut butter lover. These bars are sweet, chewy and absolutely heavenly treats!
Easy No Bake Marshmallow Chocolate Bars
Chocolate Marshmallow No-bake bars are incredible, and slightly addictive, treats that do not require any time in an oven. They also do not include ingredients such as eggs or flour, both of which have harmful bacteria if not heated. A lot of no bake recipes include peanut butter, which this one does as well.
I love making this recipe during the warmer months of the year, you can create a tasty treat without turning the oven on and heating the house up any more. Give them a try today and see just how amazing they taste!
Why you’ll absolutely love these no bake dessert bars
- Easy recipe. I don’t know about you but dinner is not complete until I’ve had a sweet treat to finish it off. And if it requires the least amount of effort as possible, even better. With this no-bake dessert you can have a fantastic treat with very little effort.
- Simple ingredients. There is nothing better than a recipe with very few and very simple ingredients. With under 10 ingredients and most of them being staple kitchen and pantry items, the chances are strong you can whip up this recipe fast.
- No bake, no heat. This recipe is a great one to make during the warm months of the year, you can create some delicious sweet treats but not add any more heat to your house. Win win if you ask me!
No Bake Chocolate Bar Ingredients
Butter: You need ½ stick of butter, this is equal to 4 tablespoons, to give these bars a nice rich taste.
Milk: Using ½ cup of milk will give these bars some much needed moisture to create the perfect texture.
Sugar: Add in 2 cups of sugar to give this treat the prefect amount of sweetness.
Vanilla extract: To help enhance all the wonderful flavors in this recipe, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Salt: For well balanced flavor in every bite, add ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Cocoa powder: Give these bars amazing chocolatey flavor, by adding 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Peanut butter: You will need ½ cup of peanut butter to help bind all the ingredients together well.
Oats: Use 2 ½ cups of quick oats to give these bars a nice chewy texture and taste.
Marshmallows: Adding 1 ½ cup of mini marshmallows is a perfect addition to this incredible treat.
How to make Marshmallow Chocolate No Bake Squares
Start by lining an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
Next, in a medium size saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the butter, milk, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring the ingredients to a boil and let boil for about 90 seconds. Set a time because boiling longer will make cookies dry.
Then, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, peanut butter, and then the oats. Stir the oats in 1 cup at a time to check the consistency. Adding too many oats will make the mixture too thick and will make them dry as well. Stir to combine and make sure everything is well mixed.
Lastly, stir in the marshmallows and mix until just combined. If you over-stir you will lose the marshmallow-swirly effect.
Immediately press into the parchment paper lined dish. Let the bars cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Marshmallow Oat Bars
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Prep: Start by lining an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Batter: Next, in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the butter, milk, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Bring the ingredients to a boil and let boil for about 90 seconds. Set a time because boiling longer will make cookies dry.
- Then, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, peanut butter, and then the oats. Stir the oats in 1 cup at a time to check the consistency. Adding too many oats will make the mixture too thick and will make them dry as well. Stir to combine and make sure everything is well mixed. Lastly, stir in the marshmallows and mix until just combined. If you over-stir you will lose the marshmallow-swirly effect.
- Assemble: Immediately press into the parchment paper lined dish. Let the bars cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
CAN NO BAKE BARS BE FROZEN?
Yes, these treat bars can absolutely be frozen. It will help them firm up, and in my opinion, taste better! Especially in the summer. Although, mine are always eaten before I even open the freezer. Oops.
DO NO BAKE BARS NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
I highly recommend putting no bake bars in the fridge, it will help the cookies to hold a firmer shape. They also will last longer if you keep them in the fridge. However, they technically don’t have to be refrigerated. You can store them in an airtight container in room temperature and they will be fine too. It just depends on your preference, if you like them room temperature or chilled.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR NO BAKE COOKIES TO SET?
These bars only take about 15-20 minutes to cool and set up at room temperature, but you can reduce that time by at least half if you let them set up in the refrigerator. If you prefer the taste and texture of these bars at room temperature just make sure to remove them from the refrigerator once set.
WHICH OATS ARE BEST FOR A NO BAKE RECIPE?
Different recipes will call for different kinds of oats, but to make the best no bake bars, you should use quick oats. Using different kinds of oats will change the texture of the treat, and you risk them not setting up right.
Chocolate and marshmallow lover? Try more great recipes here!
- S’MORES COOKIES
- S’MORES KRISPIE TREATS
- S’MORES FUDGE
- S’MORES POKE CAKE
- LAYERED S’MORES KRISPIES
- BAKED SMORES BARS
- CAMPFIRE S’MORES COOKIES
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- Tiger Butter Fudge
Marshmallow Chocolate No Bake Bars are a wonderful and enjoyable dessert that requires no baking! These chocolate marshmallow bars come together fast, they use simple ingredients and the end result is an amazing treat.