Pineapple Chicken Tacos are a delicious blend of tangy sweet & savory flavors perfect for Taco Tuesday! Easy rotisserie chicken tacos with pineapple salsa come together fast and are a crowd pleaser!
Chicken tacos with pineapple salsa are what we are talking about today and it is not hard to see why we love them. They are made using about 10 ingredients and a couple of simple steps, this is a fast and easy meal perfect for any busy weeknight. Serve your Pineapple Chicken Tacos up at dinner parties, for Taco Tuesday, or as a quick dinner option when you don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen cooking.
Pineapple chicken tacos for dinner!
They are a simple yet incredible taco recipe that I developed after being inspired by another recipe years ago. I have made this recipe several times and each time I adapt it a little bit more depending on my preferences and always receive great results. For example, you can stretch the meaty filling even further by adding some pinto beans or black beans to the mixture. I have altered this recipe to use rotisserie chicken, it saves a lot of time and energy and always produces an delicious and appetizing meal. Especially on warm nights, keeping the oven off helps keep us cool but our bellies are full and happy!
Chicken Pineapple Tacos Ingredients
-Corn tortillas: You will need about 10-12 corn tortillas, flour ones are okay too if that is your preference.
-Shredded lettuce: If desired use shredded lettuce to top your tacos with.
-Chicken: You will need about 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken. I use rotisserie chicken to save on time and this is about ½ of the bird.
-Cumin: You will need 1-2 teaspoons of cumin to help season the meat.
-Lime: Use the juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime to add nice flavor and freshness. You will need 2 limes total, one is also used for the salsa as directed below.
-Water: Adding in 2 tablespoons of water will help to blend the seasonings together for mixing with the meat.
-Salt and pepper: Added to taste.
Pineapple Salsa for tacos:
-Pineapple: You will need 1 ½ cups of diced fresh pineapple. This was roughly ⅓ of our pineapple.
-Red onion: Use ⅓ cup of finely diced red onion to help flavor the salsa and add a lovely pop of color.
-Cilantro: Use ⅓ of a bunch of cilantro that has been torn or chopped into small pieces.
-Lime: You will want the juice of 1 lime to add a burst of zesty flavor.
-Salt: You will just want a dash of salt to help enhance all the flavors in the salsa.
How to make Rotisserie Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Chicken Taco meat
To make the chicken mixture, combine all of the ingredients into a small microwaveable bowl. Start with the seasonings first, add the lime juice, then add the water and mix with a fork until well combined.
Then add in the cooked and cubed chicken pieces, stir and combine into the seasoning mixture. Mix together with a fork until fully combined and well coated.
Next, microwave for about 1-2 minute, until the chicken is warmed through.
Start with cleaning and cutting the fresh pineapple, cut into small cubes that are bite sized and will fit well in the tortilla.
Then, clean and dice your red onion into small pieces as well.
After that, tear or chop the cilantro in small pieces too.
Combine all of the salsa ingredients into a medium size bowl, mix the pineapple, red onions, cilantro, juice of 1 lime and a little salt for taste.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on the stovetop. Warming them will help them to bend into a taco shape without breaking.
To warm them on the stovetop place 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small bowl and heat a skillet over medium heat.
Brush oil into the pan and on both sides of a tortilla.
Heat for 30-40 seconds on each side.
Repeat until all tortillas have been warmed.
Hold a tortilla shell open and scoop some warm chicken meat into the center.
Top with the pineapple salsa and shredded lettuce (if desired).
Repeat with remaining tacos. Enjoy!
Chicken Pineapple Tacos
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ bunch of cilantro torn or chopped
- 2 tsp juice of 1 lime
- dash of salt
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- To make the chicken mixture, combine all of the ingredients into a small microwaveable bowl. Start with the seasonings first, add the lime juice, then add the water and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Then add in the chicken, stir and combine into the seasoning mixture. Mix together with a fork until fully combined and well coated.
- Next, microwave for about 1-2 minutes, until the chicken is warmed through.
- To make the Pineapple Salsa: Wash & dice produce into small pieces. Combine all of the salsa ingredients into a medium size bowl, mix the pineapple, red onions, cilantro, juice of 1 lime and a little salt for taste.
- To heat the tortillas: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Brush oil into the pan and on both sides of a tortilla. Heat for 30-40 seconds on each side. Repeat until all tortillas have been charred.
- Hold a tortilla shell open and scoop some warm chicken meat into the center. Top with some pineapple salsa and shredded lettuce. Repeat with remaining tacos. Enjoy!
Are pineapple salsa chicken tacos dairy free?
Yes, this recipe for tacos with pineapple is both dairy free and gluten free (if you use corn tortillas). This is a perfect allergen-friendly meal to serve up to the whole family and it can even be adjusted to fit your own tastes.
What goes well with pineapple chicken tacos?
Check out these other great taco flavored recipes
- FAJITA CHICKEN KABOBS
- TACO BITES
- EASY TACO CALZONES
- EASY GO-TO TACO SOUP!
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS
- TACO CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
- CHICKEN NACHOS RECIPE
- TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- SLOW COOKER PORK CARNITAS
You are going to love the flavors and simplicity of this easy pineapple chicken tacos recipe. It is such a great family meal and prepped in just minutes flat. Perfect for any night of the week!