Banana Pecan Pancakes made with simple ingredients, adding banana and pecan for great flavor & texture! Try this homemade banana pancakes recipe with tips on how to make them light & fluffy!
These banana nut pancakes are like something you would expect at a fancy diner, but now you can make them in your own kitchen. With this homemade pancake recipe, you can experience a high-quality taste at a fraction of the cost.
Banana Pecan Pancakes and Butter Syrup
Since I started making these sensational pancakes for my family, they have quickly become a household favorite. The fluffy pancake with the soft banana chunks and savory butter syrup are an amazing breakfast dish that your whole family will enjoy. Flavorful, delightful, and certainly a way to show your family how much you love them. This is a great recipe to get the whole family involved in because you always need help mixing, flipping, and peeling!
Tips for the fluffiest pancakes every time!
- If you want your end results to be nice fluffy pancakes you will want to make sure that you let the batter rest when directed below. That step is what helps to get the pancakes big and feathery. The air bubbles it gets while resting are your friends!
- Not only that, but wait to pour any batter onto your griddle until its nice and hot. You want water to sizzle as a sign that it is the proper temp. Also, hold off on flipping the pancake until bubbles are covering the top and the edges look dry/solid.
- And last but not least, NEVER squish the pancake down. You want to protect the pancake thickness at all cost, resist the urge to squish!
Banana Pecan Pancakes Ingredients
Eggs: You will need 2 large eggs for these pancakes to be wonderful and rich in taste.
Flour: Using 2 cups of all-purpose flour for the base of this recipe will result in thick pancakes. If you want a healthier version, you can use whole wheat flour or even gluten-free flour.
Buttermilk: You need 2 cups of buttermilk to help create a lovely fluffy pancake.
Banana: Add 2 cups of mashed ripe bananas, about 3-4 will give you the perfect amount of banana flavor.
Brown sugar: For a great depth of flavor and subtle sweetness, use ¼ cup brown sugar for this recipe.
Vegetable oil: Use ¼ cup vegetable oil to provide much-needed moisture for this dish.
Baking powder: Adding 1 tablespoon of baking powder will provide the proper leavening agent for the pancake to rise nicely.
Baking soda: Use 1 teaspoon of baking soda to help provide those much-needed and loved bubbles for fluffy pancakes.
Vanilla extract: You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to help enhance all the amazing flavors well.
Salt: Using ½ teaspoon salt will provide a great balance of sweet and salty.
Pecans: Adding 1 cup of chopped pecans will ensure you get just the right amount of crunchy bliss in every bite.
Butter Vanilla Pancake Syrup ingredients
Brown sugar: You will need 2 ½ cups of brown sugar for this savory and sweet syrup.
Water: Using 1 cup of water will provide a perfect balance to the mixture.
Honey: Adding ⅓ cup honey helps to achieve the consistency we want for this delicious topping.
Salt: You will need just a dash of salt for a wonderful flavor boost.
Cinnamon: Using a dash of cinnamon will give this syrup a nice robust flavor.
Butter: You need 2 tablespoons of butter for a lovely rich syrup.
Vanilla extract: Adding 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract will help enhance the combined flavors.
How to make Banana Pecan Pancakes
Place your griddle on the stove and turn to medium heat, start getting it heated up while you prepare the batter. If you are using an electric griddle, plug it in and turn to medium heat so it can warm up.
Also, mash the ripe bananas to obtain the required measurement for this recipe.
In a medium-size bowl, start by beating your eggs well.
Next, add in the mashed banana and brown sugar, stir to combine.
Then, add in and stir the buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
After that, add in all the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until the batter is as lump free as possible.
You can use a whisk to get large lumps out of the pancake batter- but also know it doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
Now, fold the pecans into the batter.
Allow the griddle to heat up for an additional 2-3 minutes while the batter rests. Letting the batter rest is so important and it really improves the texture of the pancake. You do not want to skip this step!
Proceed to spray the griddle with cooking spray or brush it with melted butter then ladle out about ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
Flip the pancakes after they puff up, have air bubbles all over, and look slightly dry around the edges.
Once the pancakes are done, transfer them to a cookie sheet in a warm oven until you are ready to serve. Or plate up and serve immediately!
Top with butter and homemade Butter Pancake Syrup- basic recipe instructions below.
Butter Pancake Syrup
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, honey, salt, and cinnamon.
Proceed to bring mixture to a low boil then add the butter.
Next, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Then remove from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes, stir in the vanilla and maple extracts.
Transfer to a jar or any airtight container. This syrup does not need to be refrigerated.
Serve fresh and warm over your banana pecan pancakes, enjoy!
Banana Pecan Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Butter Pancake Syrup
- 2 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- dash salt
- 2 TBSP butter
- dash cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp maple extract
- Prep: Put your griddle on the stove on medium heat and start getting that heated up. If you are using an electric griddle, plug it in so it can warm up while you prepare the batter.
- Pancake batter: In a medium size bowl, start by beating your eggs. Next, add in the mashed banana and brown sugar, stir to combine.
- Then, add in and stir the buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- After that, add in all the dry ingredients…the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until fully combined. Use a whisk to get large lumps out of the pancake batter- but also know it doesn't have to be completely smooth.
- Now, fold in the pecans into the batter.
- Cooking time: Allow the griddle to heat up for an additional 2-3 minutes while the batter rests. Letting the batter rest is important and it really improves the texture of the pancake.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray or brush it with melted butter. Ladle out about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Flip the pancakes after they puff up, have air bubbles all over and looks lightly dry around the edges.
- Once the pancakes are done, transfer them to a cookie sheet in a warm oven until you are ready to serve. Or plate up and serve immediately! Top with butter and fresh homemade Butter Pancake Syrup- basic recipe instructions below.
- Butter Pancake Syrup: In a small sauce pan, combine brown sugar, water, honey, salt and cinnamon. Proceed to bring mixture to a low boil then add the butter.
- Next, reduce heat and simmer for 5minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Then remove from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes, stir in vanilla and maple extracts. Serve fresh and warm over your banana pecan pancakes, enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Do I Have to put Pecans inside of the Pancakes?
No, you don’t. I understand that not everyone likes the texture of cooked nuts, so you can omit them from the batter. Or you can just as easily sprinkle them on top when the pancakes have finished. Or swap out for finely crushed walnuts if you want a banana walnut flavor combo.
Can I freeze these pancakes for later?
Absolutely! If you plan on freezing these pancakes, then I highly recommend freezing them flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet for at least an hour or two before transferring them to a Ziploc bag. This will keep them from sticking to one another so that when you want to eat a pancake you can grab as many as you want without trouble.
Love these Banana Pancakes and Syrup? Try more recipes here:
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches
- Berry Protein Pancake Bites
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples
- Breakfast Pancake Pizzas
- Sausage Patty Pancakes
- Pumpkin Protein Pancake Parfaits
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Amazing Butter Syrup
- Apple Cider Syrup
- Maple Bacon Pancakes
- Easy Peach Syrup
- The Biggest Loser Pancakes
Banana pecan pancakes with butter syrup are an incredible way to start your day. With these delicious homemade pancakes and blonde butter syrup, you’re going to want to stay home in your pajamas instead of going out to eat.