4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are a quick and healthy treat that you can feel good about eating! These gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies can be baked or eaten raw, they are absolutely delectable both ways.
You will not believe how quick and easy these vegan chocolate chip cookies are to make, only 4 ingredients and less than 10 minutes is needed to create them. Packed with so much flavor in every bite, these are the best vegan chocolate chip cookies and a great way to use up ripe bananas!
Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie lovers everywhere can rejoice with this simple and delicious recipe. You can eat the dough raw or bake for a gooey treat that is sure to hit the spot. Packed with chewy oats, chocolate pieces, and peanut butter, these vegan banana chocolate chip cookies are a perfect blend of salty and sweet. While the cookie dough tastes great raw, there is a strong “ripe banana” flavor that some may prefer to tone down, baking will help with this. Once baked, the milk chocolate chips help add sweetness and the cookies hold together very well. Give these amazing cookies a try, they will not disappoint!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THESE VEGAN COOKIES
If you need more convincing to give this recipe a try, read on for our top reasons why we love this recipe and think you will too.
- No bake= no heat. This recipe is a great one to make when you want a quick treat but don’t have a lot of time. And they are a great dessert for the warm spring and summer months too, you don’t have to add any more heat to your house to make them.
- Basic ingredients. There is nothing better than a recipe with very few and very simple ingredients. With only 4 ingredients and most of them being staple kitchen and pantry items, the chances are strong you can whip up this recipe fast.
- Easy recipe. I know I am not the only one who loves a simple recipe that involves the least amount of effort as possible. With these no-bake cookies you can have a fantastic and healthy treat with very little work.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ingredients
Bananas: You will need 2 ripe bananas for this easy recipe. I used frozen ripe bananas that I had on hand and thawed them beforehand.
Oats: Use 1 cup of quick oats for the base of this cookie. I used regular oats that I had in my pantry, the cookie texture is noticeably different, but they still taste great.
Peanut butter: To help bind the dough together use 1 heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter.
Chocolate chips: To keep these cookies vegan, use ½ cup of vegan chocolate chips. Regular chocolate chips can be used if you do not mind the dairy.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat, set aside.
In a medium size bowl, mash the ripe bananas well using a fork or potato masher. Then, add in the oats and stir to combine.
After that, add in the peanut butter and stir again to combine well.
Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips to distribute them well throughout the mixture.
Proceed to scoop the cookie dough by the rounded spoonful’s onto a baking sheet.
If you are going to enjoy these cookies raw, I suggest putting them in the refrigerator to chill and set for 1-2 hours.
If you prefer to enjoy these cookies baked, get your oven preheated to 350 degrees F and then bake them for 15 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
4-INGREDIENT VEGAN (or raw) CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cups oats
- ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
- Prep: Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mash the ripe bananas well using a fork or potato masher. Then, add in the oats and stir to combine. After that, add in the peanut butter and stir again to combine well. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips to distribute them well throughout the mixture.
- Assemble: Proceed to scoop the cookie dough by the rounded spoonful's onto a baking sheet.
- Chill(optional): If you are going to enjoy these cookies raw, I suggest putting them in the refrigerator to chill and set for1-2 hours.
- Bake(optional): If you prefer to enjoy these cookies baked, get your oven preheated to 350 degrees F and then bake them for 15minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Can I freeze raw vegan cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze cookie dough balls in an airtight container for up to 3 months. I recommend laying a piece of parchment paper between the dough balls to help prevent them from sticking.
Can this recipe also be gluten free?
This recipe is vegan free but if you are trying to make it gluten allergy friendly then make sure to use oats that are certified as gluten free. Some oats are grown on fields where wheat is also grown and can lead to cross contamination, so certified oats are a much safer choice when it comes to allergies.
Looking for more delicious banana recipes? Try more here:
- BANANA CREAM COOKIES
- BANANA MILKSHAKES
- BANANA CREAM PIE COOKIES
- BANANA CREAM FLUFF SALAD
- BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM FLOAT
- BANANA SPLIT HOT CHOCOLATE
- MOIST BANANA BREAD RECIPE
- NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA FUDGE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BANANA BARS
4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fast and healthy dessert that you can feel great about eating! These gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies can be eaten raw or baked, they are simply heavenly both ways.