Banana Cream Pie Cookies are the perfect way to enjoy Banana Cream Pie without having to deal with pie crust! Lovely bite-sized banana cream pie dessert recipe perfect for parties.
Another reason to love these banana cream pie cups is that they are so simple and easy to make, making them perfect for any occasion because you can whip up a batch in a flash and have enough to share with everyone. Of course, sharing is optional.
Mini banana cream cookie pies
These banana cream cookies are a perfect blend of sweet and chewy sugar cookies and a creamy banana pie filling. Every bite tastes like the best of both worlds and it’s not hard to see why we keep raving about these glorious cookie cups.
Banana Cream Pie Cookie recipe ingredients
For the cookie cups, you will need:
-Sugar: One cup of granulated sugar will help these cookies stay sweet and chewy.
-Butter: ½ cup of softened butter will give the cookie dough needed fats to stay moist.
-Egg: Use 1 egg to be the binder of the dough and hold it together.
-Vanilla: One teaspoon of vanilla will help to enhance the flavors.
-Sour cream: Use ⅓ cup of sour cream to give the cookies more moisture and richness.
-Salt: Adding ½ teaspoon of salt to the dough will help to bring out the flavors in the cookies.
-Baking soda: Use ½ teaspoon of baking soda so the cookies puff up as they bake.
-Flour: 2 cups of all-purpose flour is the base of the cookie dough.
For the Banana Cream Pie filling, you will need:
-Pudding mix: Use a 3.4-ounce sized box of instant banana cream pudding.
-Milk: You need ½ cup of milk to help activate the pudding. This will give you a smoother texture.
-Whipped topping: Use an 8-ounce tub of whipped topping will give us a fluffy and more filling for the cookies.
-Bananas: You need 1-2 sliced bananas to garnish the cookies with.
How to make Banana Cream Pie Cookies
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees f and liberally spray a mini muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Using a hand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter in a bowl until smooth.
Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
Next, add in the sour cream, salt, and baking soda. Mix again to combine.
Add in the flour and mix again until smooth.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and place it into each muffin cup. I use a cookie scoop to make the process run faster and more smoothly. You should have enough dough to make 6 cookies on a baking sheet after filling 24 mini muffin cups. Bake them on a baking sheet and crumble for garnish at the end if desired.
Bake the cookie cups for 17-18 minutes and let stand for 1-2 minutes in the oven before taking them out. Spray the bottom of a teaspoon measuring spoon with cooking spray and use it to press indents into the center of each cookie cup for the filling.
Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the muffin tray. You can speed up the process by placing the tray in the freezer for 20 minutes.
While the cookies are cookies, you can mix up the banana cream pie filling by whisking the pudding mix and milk together until smooth. Stir in the whipped topping until combined.
Transfer the filling to a pastry bag or Ziploc bag and place it in the fridge until ready to use.
Take the cookies out of the pan and pipe some filling into the center of each one. Garnish with a slice of banana and some cookie crumbs.
Keep stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
BANANA CREAM PIE COOKIES
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
Banana Cream Pie filling:
- 3.4 oz box Banana Cream Instant pudding
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1-2 bananas sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla, mix again, then add the sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and beat until smooth.
- Scoop out 1 TBSP of dough into each muffin cup. I use a cookie scoop- it makes this process so fast and I love that all the cookies are uniform! You’ll have enough dough to make 24 cookie cups, plus about 6 more cookies. I just baked these additional cookies like normal on a cookie sheet. You’ll crumble 1 to use for topping later on.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes. Let cookies stand for 1-2 minutes after taking them out of the oven. Spray the round side of a 1 tsp measuring spoon with non-stick spray. Press down into the center of each cookie to create a well. Let cool completely- if you need to hurry this process, feel free to stick the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, you can mix up the banana cream pie filling. Whisk together the box of dry pudding mix and the milk. Add in the whipped topping and stir gently until combined. Transfer to a pastry bag or a ziplock bag and store in the fridge until the cookies are fully cool.
- Take cookies out of muffin tin- I just slid the tip of a knife down 1 side and they popped right out.
- Pipe banana cream into each cup and top with a slice of banana. Sprinkle with a small amount of cookie crumbles.
- Store in the refrigerator. Cookies can be completely made and assembled up to 8-12 hours ahead of time. If any longer, make cookies and banana cream, then assemble just prior to serving.
Can I make banana cream pie cookies in advance?
Yes, these cookies can be made 1-2 days in advance of any party but they taste best when assembled right before serving (or within 12 hours of serving). The longer the filling sits in the cookies, the softer the cookie becomes so if you want a soft cookie, prep in advance and if you want the cookies crisp, prep everything in advance but do not assemble until ready to serve.
How long can I let cream pie cookie cups sit out?
Thanks to the whipped topping and pudding mixture you have a homemade stabilized whipped cream filling that you won’t need to worry about melting as it will hold its shape well. That said, for food safety reasons you shouldn’t allow these cookies to sit at room temperature for more than 2 hours as they should be kept stored in the fridge.
If you enjoy these Banana Cream Pie Cookies, you’ll also love some of our other popular cookie recipes!
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- NUTELLA MOUSSE COOKIE CUPS
- SNICKERDOODLE APPLE PIE COOKIE CUPS
- Little Lemon Drops
- HOT CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW COOKIE CUPS
- Raspberry Meltaway Cookies
- LEMON RASPBERRY COOKIE CUPS
- Cherry Pie Cookies
- GINGER COOKIE CUPS WITH PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- MINT COOKIE FUDGE CUPS
These lovely bite-sized banana cream pie cookies are a wonderful way to enjoy your favorite flavors without dealing with the pie crust.