Salted caramel apple dip is a quick and simple dip recipe that you can whip up as an after school snack or a fun appetizer for a party. Everyone is sure to love it!
I love eating fruit, but eating them with a yummy dip is always ideal. This salted caramel cream cheese dip is a little bite of heaven on every apple slice. Packed with so much fall flavor in every bite, this is one seasonal recipe you’ll look forward to all year long.
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
Caramel apples are a fall favorite and a traditional treat that goes back for ages. We’ve taken that classic treat and turned it into a party favorite with this rich salted caramel apple dip recipe. Made with cream cheese as the base, the caramel dip is smooth, creamy, fluffy, and perfect for scooping with a sliced apple, your fingers, or a spoon.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s simple. We only need about 5 ingredients to make this dip, but you can add in some nuts for an added crunch. We like to use peanuts or cashews, depending on what we have on hand.
- It’s flavorful. We’ve got rich and creamy, sweet and smooth, salty and crunchy in every bite, not to mention the juicy apples to pair well with the dip! Everything just fits together so perfectly and creates a well-balanced flavor explosion in your mouth.
- Super easy prep. Making this dip is incredibly easy because all you have to do is mix everything together. If you use an electric mixer, the task gets even easier.
Caramel Apple Dip Ingredients
Cream cheese: You will need 1 8-ounce brick of softened cream cheese to be the base of this caramel apple dip.
Brown sugar: Using one cup of brown sugar will give our dip the brown coloring and caramel taste thanks to the molasses.
Powdered sugar: Use 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for added sweetness.
Vanilla: You will want 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to help flavor the dip.
Salt: Adding in 1/2 teaspoon of salt will enhance the flavors and make the dip taste incredible.
Peanuts: You can add in 1/4 cup of peanuts, cashews, or any other type of nuts. I like to use coconut-covered cashews.
How to Make Salted Caramel Apple Dip
In a mixer (or use a medium bowl and hand-mixer), beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add all other ingredients, mixing until well combined.
You can also top the dip with nuts.
Put into a small bowl and set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
What to Serve with Creamy Apple Dip
This dip would be great served with any of your favorite sliced apples, but it would also be nice when paired with salty pretzels, small cookies, or other fruits such as green grapes. Crispy apple chips and even sliced bananas would be an incredible pairing as well.
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE DIP
- 1 brick (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup peanuts
- In a mixer (or you can also use a medium bowl and hand-mixer) beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients, mixing until well combined. You can also top dip with nuts.
- Put into small bowl and set in fridge for 15 minutes.
How long is apple dip good for?
You can keep this prepared dip in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days in a well-covered bowl or tightly sealed container. I do not recommend freezing this dip just because the consistency will be a bit “off” once thawed.
Can I make caramel apple dip in advance?
Yes, this dip is fabulous when it’s made a few hours or a day in advance. This gives the flavors a loner chance to meld together and harmonize, and it also helps the dip to set and because a little thicker. If you find that your cold dip is too firm to dip into, mix it up with a spoon to soften it or allow it to rest at room temp for about 10 minutes before serving.
What apples are best for dipping in caramel?
We get a lot of great responses from those that have eaten this dip with Honeycrisp apples and Granny Smith apples, but other varieties like Pink Lady and Jonagold would do well too. Red Delicious may taste fine as well, but the texture can be offputting to some, so I would recommend sticking with a slightly heartier sliced apple instead of the softer ones.
Here are some more great snack recipes you’ll enjoy
- CROCKPOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- LEMON CHIFFON DIP
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DIP
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- PUMPKIN DONUT HOLES
- VELVEETA SAUSAGE QUESO DIP
- PEANUT BUTTER APPLE DIP
- COPYCAT CRACKER JACKS
- HOW TO MAKE MUDDY BUDDIES
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY POPCORN
- HOT CHOCOLATE DIP
Whip up this salted caramel apple dip as a fun after-school snack or as a sweet appetizer for your party platters. It’s sure to be loved by all!