Peanut butter brownie bundt cake made with a cake mix & brownie mix combined! Fudgy chocolate cake filled with a decadent peanut butter cheesecake & drizzled with chocolate!
This Chocolate Brownie cake is amazing! Chocolate cake mix and brownie mix come together to make the richest chocolate cake you’ve ever had! Then add in a peanut butter cheesecake filling, and it is heavenly! I drizzle this with ganache and peanut butter drizzle and plenty of peanut butter cups. This one is sure to impress.
Chocolate Brownie Bundt with Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
I can almost graduate that you’ve never had brownie and cake mix together in the same dessert, or at the very least, you’ve never had it like this before. We get the perfect rich and moist consistency in every slice while making sure that the chocolate peanut butter flavors are so intense and rich that one slice will have you happily slipping into a well deserved nap.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s perfect for chocolate lovers. With chocolate cake and brownie mix combined, you already know that the chocolate flavor is going to be noticeable. Every chocolate lover will enjoy a slice of this heavenly dessert.
- The recipe is easy to follow. Made with simple and easy to follow steps this gourmet-tasting dessert is actually very simple to make (thanks to the boxed mixes)!
- Simple ingredients. You’ll need the ingredients that are requested on the back of the box mixes along with just a couple of other things to make the ganache and use as garnishes, but the ingredients are all very simple and easy to find.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bundt Cake Ingredients
For the cake, you will need:
Cake mix: You will need (1) 15.25-ounce-sized box of chocolate cake mix to make this recipe.
Brownie mix: Adding in a 18.3-ounce sized box of dry brownie mix will add a lot of great flavors and fudgy goodness to every slice.
Eggs: Use 4 eggs to help bind the batter together well.
Water: For added moisture, use 1 1/4 cups of water. This will get the batter to the right consistency.
Oil: Adding 1 cup of vegetable oil or canola oil will give the cake the fats needed to stay moist for days.
For the cheesecake filling, you will need:
Cream cheese: You will need (1) 8-ounce block of softened cream cheese to make the cheesecake filling.
Sugar: Adding in 1/3 cup of granulated sugar will help to cut the tangy taste of the cream cheese and make the filling sweeter.
Egg: Use 1 egg to give the filling the perfect consistency.
Peanut butter: For added flavor, you will need 1/4 cup of peanut butter. This will make the cheesecake taste perfect.
For the ganache and toppings, you will need:
Chocolate chips: 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips will make the ganache rich and chocolatey.
Heavy cream: You will need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to get the ganache to the rich consistency needed for drizzling.
Garnishes: For added garnishes, you can use 1/2 cup of peanut butter and some mini peanut butter cups.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Brownie Bundt Cake
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease the inside of a 10-cup bundt cake pan. Set it aside.
Combine the cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
If your boxed mixes ask for different ingredients, then you’ll want to use those instead of what we have listed, as different mixes can vary in the amounts of ingredients needed.
Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and peanut butter in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture on top of the batter in the bundt cake pan.
Top the peanut butter mixture with the rest of the prepared batter.
Transfer the bundt cake pan to a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and comes out clean. Do not skip this step as the cake can overflow as it bakes, and the baking sheet will catch any of the mess created.
Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
After the cake has cooled, begin making the ganache by placing the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and microwaving for 45 seconds. You want the cream to be nice and hot. Add another 30 seconds if needed.
Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and then place a plate on top of the bowl and allow it to rest and sit for 5 minutes undisturbed.
Gently whisk the chocolate and cream together until melted and shiny.
Drizzle your ganache over the top of the cake.
In a small bowl, melt your peanut butter for 20 seconds, and then drizzle it over the top of the cake.
Top with whole or chopped mini Reese’s cups as desired.
Fun Variations for this Cake
If you want to, you can swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate. The difference is that milk chocolate is a little sweeter and lighter in color, but it’s up to your preferences. For more flavor, you can add up to 1 cup of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips to the cake batter. Chocolate chips and peanut butter chips also work great as garnishes over the top of this cake if you don’t want to use mini Reese’s cups.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BUNDT CAKE
- 15 oz chocolate cake mix
- 18 oz brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup peanut butter for garnish
- Mini peanut butter cups for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, brownie mix, egg, water and oil. Check what ingredients your particular mixes call for as it might be a little different than what I listed. Just make sure to add the listed ingredients for both mixes that they call for on the back of the box.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg and peanut butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture on top of the bottom layer of batter.
- Top the peanut butter mixture with the rest of the batter.
- Transfer your bundt pan to a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not skip placing your bundt on a baking sheet before baking, overflow can happen through the middle hole sometimes, so it is better safe than sorry.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool heat up the heavy whipping cream in the microwave for 45 seconds. You want the cream hot, so add another 30 seconds if you need to. Add the chocolate chips put a plate on top of the bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes. Gently whisk the chocolate and cream together until melted and shiny. Drizzle the chocolate ganache all over the top of the cake.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt your peanut butter for 20 seconds. Drizzle the peanut butter over the top of the cake. Top with chopped or whole mini reeses cups. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is this cake good for?
This cake can be kept stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. After that, the cake may lose some moisture and feel dry, which we do not want, so it’s best to enjoy it as soon as possible for the best tasting results.
Can I freeze chocolate brownie cake?
Yes, this cake can be frozen in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 months. You can freeze the entire cake for later (adding the ganache and peanut butter drizzle before serving) or store leftover slices of cake for a later dessert if you can’t finish it fast enough. This is a great way to get a tasty bite of sweets over the course of the next few weeks. Just thaw the cake for a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
Check out these other great bundt cake recipes too!
- OLIVE OIL ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
- LEMON RASPBERRY BUNDT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
- LAYERED LEMON CHIFFON CAKE
- STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- AMBROSIA BUNDT CAKE
- SWIRLED PEPPERMINT BUNDT CAKE
- EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE
- PUMPKIN MARSHMALLOW BUNDT CAKE
- PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
- HALLOWEEN SPIDER WEB CAKE
- PINK DONUT BUNDT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE
You’re going to love this peanut butter brownie bundt cake recipe. Made with boxed cake mix and brownie mix, this cake is simple to make but packed with flavor and filled with a delicious peanut butter cheesecake filling before being topped with homemade chocolate ganache and a peanut butter drizzle.
Leave a Reply