Strawberry Chocolate Bundt Cake is a fantastic combo of 2 perfect flavors, chocolate + strawberry! This Strawberry Bundt Cake recipe is made with simple ingredients & is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
This Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is simple to make and it will easily compete with any made from scratch recipes out there too. This cake will be a beautiful centerpiece at any family gathering or holiday event, everyone will be asking where you bought it! The strawberry combined with the chocolate will be irresistible to any guest, the presentation alone will catch the eye of everyone and with just one taste they will be hooked.
Strawberry Chocolate Swirl Cake
We have been enjoying bundt cakes since the 1950’s. This classic cake style quickly became a fixture in every household, family gathering and is here to stay. For this tasty recipe the chocolate and strawberry cake mix are layered and swirled together, then baked to create an extremely moist, delicate, and delicious bundt cake. A simple, strawberry powdered sugar glaze is drizzled over the top, the result is a beautiful confection creation.
Strawberry Chocolate Bundt Cake ingredients
Chocolate cake mix:
-Cake mix: You will need a standard-sized box of chocolate cake mix (15.25 ounces). You will also need the eggs, milk/water, and oil listed on the back of the box.
-Pudding mix: Use a 3.4 ounce sized box of instant chocolate pudding. Vanilla pudding may also be used if that is your taste preference.
-Milk: You will need 1 tablespoon of milk.
-Vanilla: Using 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract will help enhance the flavors and make it taste less like a box mix.
-Chocolate chips: To give us a richer chocolate taste you’ll want ½ cup of mini chocolate chips. This is an optional ingredient.
Strawberry cake mix:
-Cake mix: You will need a 15.25 ounce sized box of vanilla cake mix (yellow cake mix of white cake mix work too).
-Jello mix: You will need one 3 ounce sized box of strawberry-flavored jello. Switch up the flavors by adding in raspberry jello or cherry jello, if you’d prefer! Remember to reserve 2 tsp for the glaze!!
-Powdered sugar: You will need one cup of powdered sugar to make the glaze smooth and sweet.
-Milk: Add in about 3-4 tablespoons of milk to get the glaze to the perfect consistency. You could also reduce the milk to 1-2 tablespoons and add in 1 teaspoon of strawberry extract for a stronger flavor.
-Strawberry jello: Add in 2 teaspoons of strawberry jello to help get that great pink color and strawberry taste. A drop of pink food coloring may also be used to strengthen the color.
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Swirled Bundt Cake
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Generously grease the inside of a bundt pan well with nonstick cooking spray or butter and then set it aside.
Chocolate cake batter
In a large mixing bowl combine the ingredients needed to prepare the chocolate cake batter according to package instructions.
To the cake batter add in the dry pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract until combined. Do not overmix.
Strawberry cake batter
In a separate large mixing bowl combine the vanilla cake mix plus all the ingredients in the instructions of the back of the cake mix box. Proceed to add the dry mix of strawberry jello, (MINUS 2 tsp for the glaze!!) to the cake mix as well.
First you begin by pouring some of the strawberry cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Follow it up with a layer of chocolate cake batter.
Then pour some more of the strawberry batter on top.
Continue to alternate until the bundt pan is either ¾ of the way full or all of the cake batters are used. Do NOT fill the bundt pan more than ¾ of the way full. If you have additional cake batter make cupcakes or discard it.
Place the pan into the oven and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Once baked, remove it from the oven and place it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
When the cake has cooled, turn it onto a cake stand or your favorite serving platter.
Gently tap around the top of the pan to release the cake.
Make the glaze
To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, milk and the reserved 2 tsp dry strawberry jello mix in a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add in 1-2 teaspoons of milk for a nice smooth blend.
If the glaze becomes too thin you can whisk in another 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until you have reached the desired consistency.
Spoon or pour the glaze over the top of the cake.
Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
Chocolate cake mix:
- 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix
- 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Vanilla cake mix:
- 15.25 oz vanilla cake mix
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 oz strawberry jello DIVIDED!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP milk
- 2 tsp strawberry jello mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a bundt pan extremely well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chocolate cake mix, water, oil, eggs as well as the chocolate pudding mix, milk, vanilla and mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla cake mix, water, oil & eggs. Set aside 2 tsp of the strawberry jello mix, then add the rest of the package into the vanilla cake batter.
- Once the cakes are mixed, begin by pouring some of the strawberry batter into the bundt pan. Follow with a layer of chocolate cake batter. Pour more of the strawberry cake batter over the chocolate batter. Continue alternating cake batters until either the bundt pan is ¾ full or all of the cake batter is used. NOTE: Do not fill the bundt pan more than ¾ full. If you have additional cake batter, make it into cupcakes or discard it.
- Place the pan into the oven to bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with moist but not wet crumbs. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, turn over onto a cake stand or serving platter. Gently tap around the top of the pan to release the cake from the pan. Carefully pull the pan up off of the cake.
- To make the glaze, whisk together all of the glaze ingredients until a smooth mixture has formed. Spoon or pour the glaze over the bundt cake. Let set for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is chocolate strawberry bundt cake good for?
This cake can be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. For longer storage, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days in a well-covered container.
Why is my cake rubbery?
If you overmix your cake batters you will cause the glutens in the flour to develop which in turn will give you a more dense and rubbery texture to your cake. You want to mix just enough that everything is well combined and distributed without leaving behind any flour streaks. Using a whisk helps to achieve this with a few trips around the bowl.
How do I prevent my cake from sticking to the bundt pan?
Great question! There are a few tips and tricks you can do to help prevent this from happening. First and foremost, using a non-stick pan that is in good shape is the best possible option to use. Second tip, grease the pan thoroughly with non-stock cooking spray or melted shortening. Be sure to coat the whole pan, don’t forget center tube! Last tip is, let the cake cool for a few minutes before trying to remove from the pan. Some cakes are extra delicate and it might not be the pan causing the breakage. Give the cake time to cool before removing from the pan will lower your chances of the cake breaking or sticking to the pan.
If you loved this recipe then you are going to love these other bundt cake recipes!
- SWIRLED PEPPERMINT BUNDT CAKE
- PUMPKIN MARSHMALLOW BUNDT CAKE
- CRANBERRY PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
- RED VELVET MINI BUNDT CAKES
- PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
- VANILLA BUNDT CAKE
- ALMOND BUNDT CAKE
- PINK DONUT BUNDT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE
- APPLE BUNDT CAKE
- POPPY SEED BUNDT CAKE
- ORANGE JUICE BUNDT CAKE
This strawberry chocolate marble cake is a delicious dessert that you’re going to love! Made with just two cake mixes and some fun additions we get a ton of flavor in every soft bite!