What’s sweetened condensed milk?
Ingredients for Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to Make Condensed Milk Quickly
In a large mixing bowl, blend together all of the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
This recipe makes the equivalent of a 14 oz can.
Use immediately in any recipe (once cooled) or keep stored in a covered container in the fridge until ready to use.
- 1 cup instant powdered milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Blend all ingredients with a mixer until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Are condensed milk and evaporated milk the same?
Is condensed milk gluten free?
This recipe is naturally gluten free but there is something worthy of noting. Not all dried milk powders are created equal and some may contain gluten as an added ingredient. If you’re avoiding gluten due to an allergy make sure to read the ingredients label of your powdered milk before beginning.
Can condensed milk be frozen?
Looking for some recipes to use homemade condensed milk with? Check out these fun suggestions!
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
- Glazed Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Pie
- Candy Cane Fudge
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels
- S’mores Fudge
- Caramel Popcorn for a Crowd
- Key Lime Cake
- Chippy Dippy Squares
- Australian Chocolate Coconut Truffles