Salted Nut Rolls are an incredible homemade version of the candy bar! Our Easy Salted Nut Roll Bar Recipe is made with roasted peanuts & and peanut butter nougat for a fun & delicious homemade treat!
This recipe is so simple and an absolute crowd pleaser! Everyone always loves this recipe because it is so dang good and unique. Bring this to your next get together and come home with an empty dish!! People go crazy over this sweet and salty treat!
What is a Salted Nut Roll?
Salted Nut Rolls are a delicious candy bar that is rolled in peanuts with a creamy nougat center. I have recreated those into a simple bar recipe that will feed a crowd! These Salted Nut Bars have a layer of dry roasted peanuts on the bottom, then topped with a peanut-caramel nougat center and another layer of peanuts on top. Every bite is a creamy, crunchy treat.
- Butter- I use salted butter for this recipe as it helps balance out the sweet nougat
- Marshmallows- you’ll need a 10 oz bag of either mini marshmallows or the larger ones. They’re melted, so size does not matter.
- Peanut Butter Chips- you can find these on the baking aisle by the regular chocolate chips.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- you’ll need one 14-oz can, any variety. I used dairy-free coconut milk sweetened condensed milk once and it was amazing!
- Dry Roasted Peanuts- found on the snack aisle of the grocery store. Make sure they’re salted!
To make this easy no bake Salted Nut Roll Bar Recipe is very simple and only requires a few ingredients.
To start, begin with the peanut butter nougat center. In a microwave safe bowl combine the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
Once the marshmallows are smooth add in the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter chips. Continue stirring until all of the chips have melted and no lumps remain.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread out half of the dry roasted peanuts in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Pour the peanut butter mixture evenly over the top of the peanuts and gently spread with a spatula until the bottom layer of peanuts is covered.
Sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the top of the peanut butter mixture and press them lightly into the peanut butter layer.
Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes, slice into squares to serve. Recipe yields 24 bars.
Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir butter and marshmallows together until smooth. Add in peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk, stir until no more lumps are in the mixture.
- Place a layer of 1/2 of the peanuts on the bottom of the prepared baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the peanuts in an even layer. Use a spatula or spoon to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top of the peanut butter mixture and lightly press them in.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes until ready to slice into bars.
To store your prepared salted nut roll bars, simply cover tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for 2-3 days. These do not need to be refrigerated, but can be to help keep them a little harder if you prefer.
This is an easy recipe to make ahead and store for when you need it.
Can you Freeze Nut Roll Bars?
Yes, you can make this candy ahead and freeze it very easily! You can either freeze it as a whole sheet of nut bars, double wrapped in parchment and a freezer bag. Or you can cut individual bars and save smaller portions in a smaller ziplock bag.
Enjoy Homemade Candy? Try these:
- Best Homemade Caramels recipe
- Tiger Butter recipe
- Easy OREO Balls
- Cherry Jelly Candy
- Best Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Homemade Snickers Bars
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Martha Washington Candy
Salted Nut Roll Bars are just like the delicious candy bar we all know and love in a simple bar. This easy Salted Nut Roll Bar Recipe is layers of roasted peanuts and a creamy peanut butter center that is a tastebud treat with every bite!