Fun & festive no-bake Chewy Caramel Cookies made with cornflakes, rice krispies, coconut & caramels! Simple Halloween cookies with fantastic caramel flavor!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these caramel cookies are perfect for those who want to whip up a batch of treats without spending hours in the kitchen. With no baking required, this no-bake cookie recipe is a great option for those who don’t have access to an oven or simply don’t want to heat up their kitchen.
Best Thing About No-Bake Caramel Cookies
No-bake caramel cookies are a delicious and easy treat that can be made quickly and without any baking. With just a few simple ingredients, anyone can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. All you need is some caramel candies, milk, and a few other ingredients, and you’re ready to go.
Halloween is a time for spooky decorations, costumes, and sweet treats. And what better way to celebrate this holiday than with some delicious Halloween-themed cookies? These no-bake chewy caramel cookies are perfect for those who want a quick and easy recipe that still packs a flavorful punch. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a batch of these delicious cookies that are sure to be a hit with everyone.
Why You’ll Love This Halloween Cookie Recipe
- Chewy & crunchy texture: These cookies have a chewy texture that is perfect for caramel lovers. The combination of caramel and cereal creates a satisfying texture that is hard to resist.
- Festive: These cookies are perfect for Halloween or any fall-themed party. The orange and black sprinkles add a fun touch to the cookies and make them a great addition to any Halloween dessert table.
- Versatile: This recipe is easy to customize to your liking. You can add different types of sprinkles or even chocolate chips to the recipe to make it your own.
Ingredients for Halloween No-Bake Cookies
Caramels: You will need one 11-oz bag of caramels, unwrapped, for a smooth and rich cookie flavor.
Milk: Use 3 TBSP of milk to help the caramels melt and create a nice consistency to the sauce.
Cornflakes: Adding in 2 cups of cornflakes cereal will give these cookies amazing texture.
Krispie cereal: Using 1 cup of rice krispies cereal adds another amazing texture and taste to these no-bake treats.
Coconut: For a milky and nutty flavor, add ½ cup of unsweetened coconut to this cookie recipe.
Halloween Candies & Sprinkles: Use about ⅓ cup Halloween M&M candies and 1 TBSP sprinkles, if you’d like!
How to make No-Bake Caramel Halloween Cookies
Start by combining the Cornflakes, Rice Krispies, and coconut in a large mixing bowl. Set this mixture aside.
In a medium saucepan, on low, heat and stir the caramels and milk for about 20 minutes until smooth. Then remove from the heat.
Proceed to pour the caramel sauce on top of cereal mixture, stir immediately to coat.
After that, use a medium sized cookie scoop to scoop 1.5 TBSP portions out onto parchment or wax paper.
Immediately sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles and place M&M’s on top. Let the cookies cool until set. You can put them in the fridge to speed up this process if you’d like!
Serve and enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions for No-Bake Caramel Cookies
For those who want to switch things up a bit, there are a few variations and substitutions that can be made to the Halloween No-Bake Chewy Caramel Cookies recipe. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Chocolate Chips: Try adding in dark chocolate or white chocolate chips for a different flavor profile.
- Caramel Sauce: If you don’t love caramel sauce, you can substitute it with butterscotch sauce or dulce de leche.
- Peanut Butter: For a nutty twist, add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter to the mixture before adding the cereal.
- Nuts: For some added crunch, try adding 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the mixture.
- Spices: If you want to add some warmth and depth to the flavor, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the mixture.
Remember, these are just a few ideas to get started. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients to create your own unique twist on the Halloween No-Bake Chewy Caramel Cookies recipe.
NO-BAKE CHEWY CARAMEL COOKIES
- 11 oz bag caramels unwrapped
- 3 TBSP milk
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- Prep: Combine the Cornflakes, Rice Krispies and coconut in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Sauce: Heat and stir caramels and milk in a medium saucepan on low for about 20 minutes until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour caramel on top of cereal mixture. Stir immediately to coat.
- Shape: Use a medium sized cookie scoop to scoop 1.5 TBSP portions out onto parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles and place m&ms on top. Let cool until set. You can put them in the fridge to speed up this process if you'd like! Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Potential Challenges and Solutions for No-Bake Treats
Creating Halloween no-bake chewy caramel cookies can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it can also present some potential challenges that should be addressed to ensure success. Here are some common challenges and solutions that can help you overcome them:
Challenge: Cookies are too soft or sticky
One of the most common challenges when making no-bake cookies is getting the right texture. If your cookies are too soft or sticky, they can be difficult to handle and may not hold their shape.
To fix this problem, you may need to adjust the recipe. Try adding more dry ingredients like cornflakes or rice krispies to help absorb excess moisture. You can also try refrigerating the dough before shaping it into cookies to help firm it up.
Challenge: Caramel doesn’t set
Another challenge when making these cookies is getting the caramel to set properly. If the caramel is too runny, it can make the cookies messy and difficult to eat.
When making your own caramel sauce, you can try adding a little bit of cornstarch to the sauce to help thicken it up.
Challenge: Cookies are too sweet
To make your cookies less sweet, try reducing the amount of sugar or sweetened condensed milk in the recipe. You can also try adding a pinch of salt to help balance out the sweetness.
How to Store These Halloween Caramel Cookies?
After making these delicious Halloween no-bake chewy caramel cookies, it’s important to store them properly to maintain their freshness and flavor. If stored properly they will last up to 5 days. Here are some tips for storing these cookies:
- Store the cookies in an airtight container: It’s important to keep the cookies in an airtight container to prevent air from getting in and making the cookies stale. A plastic container or a resealable plastic bag will work well.
- Keep the cookies at room temperature: These cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to a week. Avoid storing them in direct sunlight or in a warm area, as this can cause the caramel to melt and the cookies to become too soft.
- Freeze the cookies: If you want to store the cookies for longer, you can freeze them for up to three months. Place the cookies in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and freeze. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
- Don’t stack the cookies: Avoid stacking the cookies on top of each other, as this can cause them to stick together and become misshapen.
Best Caramels for Baking Treats
When it comes to baking with caramels, choosing the right type of caramel can make a big difference in the taste and texture of your final product. Here are some of the best caramels for baking:
- Soft Caramels: Soft caramels are a popular choice for baking because of their chewy texture and rich flavor. They melt easily and can be incorporated into recipes in a variety of ways, from mixing them into cookie dough to using them as a filling for cakes and cupcakes.
- Caramel Bits: Caramel bits are small, pre-cut pieces of caramel that are perfect for baking. They are easy to measure and melt quickly, making them a convenient choice for recipes that call for melted caramel.
- Caramel Sauce: Caramel sauce is another great option for baking. It can be used as a drizzle on top of cakes and cookies, or as a filling for pastries and pies. When choosing caramel sauce, look for one that is thick and rich, with a deep caramel flavor.
Love Halloween? Try more amazing sweet treat recipes here:
- HALLOWEEN PRETZELS THREE WAYS
- HALLOWEEN CREAM SODAS
- FUNFETTI HALLOWEEN COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN MUMMY PRETZELS
- HALLOWEEN POPCORN
- EASY HALLOWEEN CAKE POPS
- CUTE & CREEPY HALLOWEEN TREATS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- HALLOWEEN SPRINKLE COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN CANDY CORN GRANOLA BARS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE CHIP SPIDER COOKIES
These no-bake Chewy Caramel Cookies are made with 5 simple ingredients such as cornflakes, rice krispies, coconut & milk! Enjoy these Halloween cookies for your next holiday party or event, kids and adults alike will love these treats.