Sugar Free Crepes are a wonderful and fantastic breakfast treat that are healthy and packed with protein. These gluten free dairy free crepes are made with only 4 ingredients, they come together quickly and are so delicious!
Making these healthy crepes for your family is a perfect weekend treat, set up an assortment of tasty toppings and everyone will enjoy this dish. The best part about this sugar free crepe recipe is even the pickiest eaters will devour these crepes.
Dairy and Gluten Free Crepes
This amazing recipe for gluten free, dairy free and sugar free crepes is simply divine! If you are not familiar with crepes, they are very thin pancakes that can be made either sweet or savory. The main reason behind making these dairy free, gluten free and sugar free is because I wanted to be able to add whatever topping or filling and not feel any guilt. To have a healthy crepe base, adding any delightful topping I wanted makes this recipe a household favorite in my family.
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Crepe Recipe
- You can stuff them with a filling or top them with cinnamon sugar. No matter how you enjoy them, they are delicious.
- It’s allergen friendly. Not only do we make this recipe healthy, but we also make it allergen friendly for those with gluten or dairy sensitivities. I have not tried this recipe with any egg replacements.
- This recipe can easily be doubled. If desired, simply double or triple the recipes as needed so that you can have plenty of batter to make crepes for a crowd. You can also make the batter the night before and simply cook it in the morning if you’re trying to reduce morning prep time.
Sugar and Gluten Free Crepe Ingredients
Pastry flour: You will need 1 cup of gluten-Free Heaven Featherlight/Pastry Flour. I have tried many other gluten-free flours; this is my favorite.
Almond flour: Adding in ¼-½ cup of almond meal/flour. Depending on your thickness and taste preference, you can add however much you like.
Almond milk: Using 1 cup of Almond Breeze Almond Milk gives these crepes the perfect consistency.
Egg: You need 1 egg for this crepe recipe, it helps create a great crepe texture.
Toppings: See below for some topping ideas, use your favorite sweet or savory options!
How to make Dairy, Gluten and Sugar FREE Crepes
Start by heating up your pan on the stove, on medium heat.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the pastry flour, almond flour, almond milk, and egg until combined.
Once the pan is heated and ready, spray it with a non-stick cooking spray and pour a ½ cup of batter onto the pan. Tilt the pan to allow the batter to spread all over.
Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip over and allow it to cook on the other side. Place on a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone.
Add your chosen toppings, serv,e and enjoy!
Topping ideas for AMAZING Crepes
Choose your favorite topping or filling to take these crepes to the next delicious level! Here are a few amazing options that will taste amazing and impress your family as well.
- Spread a small amount of butter on the crepe, drizzle some lemon juice on it and then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of powder sugar, roll up and enjoy.
- Place 2 or 3 small scoops of vanilla ice cream, roll up and drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Add any type of jam, jelly or preserves, roll up and enjoy!
- You can also spread peanut butter or cream cheese inside, roll up and enjoy it.
- Spread ¼-½ cup of yogurt on the crepe, roll up, and place your favorite fruit on top.
- If you want a savory option, add some cheddar cheese and sliced ham, roll it up, and enjoy.
- Add some scrambled eggs and shredded cheese to a more robust meal and roll it up.
- Another favorite is lightly drizzle chocolate syrup on it, roll it up and sprinkle powder sugar on top.
Sugar Free Crepes
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Heaven Featherlight/Pastry Flour
- ¼-½ cup Almond meal/flour
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- Plus Toppings
- Start by heating up your pan on the stove, on medium heat.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the pastry flour, almond flour, almond milk, and egg until combined.
- Once the pan is heated and ready, spray it with a non-stick cooking spray and pour a ½ cup of batter onto the pan. Tilt the pan to allow the batter to spread all over.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip over and allow it to cook on the other side. Place on a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Add your chosen toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for making perfect Crepes
Here are a few helpful tips for making perfect crepes every time!
- Even heat. You will want to set your stove to medium heat and let the pan warm up (about 2-3 minutes). As you begin to cook the crepes, adjust the heat to medium-low. If the heat is too high, the batter will not spread to the edges of the pan before setting and can result in holes or uneven thickness.
- Pan type matters. If you are a crepe coinsurer, using a well-seasoned crepe pan is best for cooking crepes. The pan style makes it easy to flip, and the heavy bottom of the pan ensures even heat and cooking. If you do not have a crepe pan [like many of us], using a non-stick pan or even a cast-iron frying pan will work great too. A 7-8″ pan is the standard size for crepes, but you can use what you have on hand.
- Measure portions. You want to measure the amount of crepe batter you are pouring into the pan. Crepes are meant to be thin. So, adding about 2-3 tablespoons of batter to the center of the pan will ensure each one is properly portioned. Try using a small ladle or 1/2 cup measuring cup to get the portion right each time.
How long are crepes good for?
If you have some leftover crepes on hand, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat to eat. Also, for best-tasting results, if you don’t plan on eating them within a day, consider freezing the leftovers instead of placing them in the fridge, as crepes tend to dry out pretty quickly and won’t taste early as incredible as they did fresh.
What consistency is the crepe batter supposed to be?
Crepe batter is supposed to be nice and thin, unlike waffle or pancake batter. This helps it to spread around more easily, and once cooked, the crepes will be more pliable, so you can fold or roll them as desired.
Try more of our favorite breakfast recipes here!
- CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
- BLUEBERRY CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- BANANA PECAN PANCAKES with BUTTER SYRUP
- Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Packed CREPES
- GINGERBREAD WAFFLES with BUTTER SYRUP
- BEST FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- MAPLE BACON PANCAKES
- DESSERT CREPES + HEAVENLY CREME + BERRY SAUCE
- PUMPKIN PANCAKES WITH CINNAMON APPLES
- CREPES WITH A CREAMY FILLING
- CROCKPOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- EASY PROTEIN PANCAKE RECIPE
- VANILLA ORANGE WAFFLES
Sugar Free Crepes are an incredible breakfast dish that is healthy and loaded with protein. These gluten free dairy free crepes are made with 4 ingredients, they come together fast and are so sensational!