Biscuit & Gravy Breakfast Rolls baked with bacon, eggs and cheese, then topped with a creamy, savory gravy for the ultimate breakfast! Delightful, unique breakfast egg rolls with fantastic flavors!
We took our popular recipe for savory Breakfast Rolls and added rich, creamy gravy on top!
These bacon egg and cheese biscuits are a delicious and hearty breakfast option that is perfect for those who love a savory breakfast. Breakfast rolls are perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a busy weekday morning when you need something filling and satisfying to start your day.
History of Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Rolls
Biscuits and gravy is a classic Southern dish that has been enjoyed for generations. The origins of this dish can be traced back to the early 1800s when the Southern United States was still developing its unique cuisine. The dish consists of warm, flaky biscuits smothered in a creamy gravy made from sausage drippings, flour, and milk. It is typically served as a breakfast dish, but it can also be enjoyed as a hearty meal any time of day.
In recent years, a new twist on the classic dish has emerged: biscuits and gravy breakfast rolls. These rolls combine all the flavors of biscuits and gravy into a convenient, handheld package. They are perfect for busy mornings or as a grab-and-go snack. Its humble origins and simple ingredients make it a comforting and satisfying meal that will never go out of style.
Why You Will Love This Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Quick and easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients, these rolls can be whipped up in no time, making them perfect for a busy morning.
- Comfort food: Biscuits and gravy are a classic comfort food, and these rolls offer all the same flavors and textures in a convenient, handheld package.
- Crowd-pleaser: These rolls are sure to be a hit with everyone at the breakfast table, from picky eaters to foodies.
Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast Roll Ingredients
Crescent sheets: You need 2 cans of refrigerated crescent sheets for this tasty breakfast recipe.
Bacon: Using 4 slices of bacon will ensure each bite is savory and delicious.
Cheese: For the perfect cheesy flavor, you will want to use 8 slices of American cheese.
Eggs: Use 6 eggs to add lots of great protein to your morning meal.
Milk: Create nice fluffy and creamy eggs by adding in 2 TBSP of milk to the egg mixture.
Seasoning: Add in a pinch of each salt and pepper to season the scrambled eggs well.
Butter: You will need 3 TBSP of unsalted Butter for a wonderfully rich tasting gravy.
Flour: Help thicken the gravy by using 3 TBSP of all purpose flour.
Milk: Create a lovely creamy gravy by adding in ¾ cup of milk.
Pepper: Add ½ tsp of pepper for a bit more flavor to this dish.
Garlic powder: You need ½ tsp of garlic powder to give this gravy a subtle sweet taste.
How to make Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast Rolls
Get started by preheating the oven to 375°F. Then, preheat two frying pans over medium heat on the stove.
In a medium size bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk ingredients together well. Proceed to pour the egg mixture into one of the pans on the stove and cook until scrambled.
Next, cook the bacon in the other frying pan on the stove, until crisp. Place the cooked bacon onto a paper towel lined plate for 1 minute, then dab the top of the bacon with a paper towel. Crumble bacon pieces and set aside.
Keep the bacon drippings in the pan- it will be used as the base of the gravy.
Now, roll out the crescent dough sheets side by side and pinch to seal the seams together.
Continue to evenly cover the crescent dough sheet with sliced cheese, the scrambled eggs, and crumbled bacon.
After that, tightly roll the dough into a log and then slice it into 8 equal sized pieces.
Lightly spray an oven safe pan with non-stick cooking spray and arrange the rolls, cut side up, on the pan.
Proceed to place the rolls into the preheated oven on the center rack, bake for 20 minutes.
While the biscuits are baking, prepare the gravy.
In the same pan with the bacon grease, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle flour over the top. Whisk and cook until it starts to bubble.
Next, pour the milk into the pan and whisk. Add the pepper and garlic powder, continue to stir until thickened.
Remove the biscuits from the oven and pour the gravy over the top. Garnish with shredded cheese & fresh herbs, if desired, and enjoy!
- 16 oz refrigerated crescent sheets two 8-oz cans
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 slices american cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBSP unsalted Butter
- 3 TBSP all purpose Flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Preheat 2 frying pans over medium heat.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk ingredients together well. Pour the egg mixture into one of the pans on the stove and cook until scrambled.
- Cook the bacon in the other frying pan until crisp. Place onto a paper towel lined plate for 1 minute, then dab the top of the bacon with a paper towel. Crumble and set aside.
- Keep the bacon drippings in the pan- it will be used as the base of the gravy.
- Assemble: Roll out the crescent dough sheets side by side and pinch to seal the seams.
- Evenly cover the crescent dough sheet with sliced cheese, scrambled eggs, and crumbled bacon. Next, tightly roll up dough into a log. Slice into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Lightly spray an oven safe pan with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange rolls cut side up in the pan. Place into the oven on the center rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Gravy: Meanwhile, prepare the gravy. In the same pan with the bacon grease, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle flour over the top. Whisk and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Next, pour the milk into the pan and whisk. Add pepper and garlic powder and continue to stir until thickened.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and pour the gravy over the top. Garnish with shredded cheese & fresh herbs, if desired and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are Biscuits & Gravy Rolls good for?
If you have any left over breakfast rolls, you can store them in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2-3 days. Also, store any left over gravy separately as well and add to the top when you are ready to enjoy.
What are some variations of biscuits and gravy breakfast rolls?
There are many variations of biscuits and gravy breakfast rolls. Some popular ones include adding sausage or bacon to the gravy, using different types of cheese, or adding herbs and spices to the crescent rolls.
What are the best ingredients for biscuits and gravy?
The best ingredients for biscuits and gravy are high-quality flour, butter, milk, and spices. Use unsalted butter for a rich flavor. For the gravy, use whole milk or heavy cream for a creamy consistency. Add salt, pepper, and sage for a classic flavor.
What are some side dishes that pair well with biscuits and gravy?
Biscuits and gravy pair well with a variety of side dishes. Some popular options include hash browns, sausage links, and fresh fruit. You can also serve biscuits and gravy with a side of hot sauce or ketchup for added flavor.
Are there any healthy alternatives to biscuits and gravy?
While traditional biscuits and gravy are not the healthiest breakfast option, there are some alternatives that can be healthier. You can use turkey sausage or turkey bacon instead of pork. You can also use almond milk or coconut milk instead of whole milk for the gravy. Adding vegetables like spinach or mushrooms to the gravy can also add nutrients to the dish.
Try more of our favorite breakfast recipes here:
- Bacon Egg Breakfast Braid
- Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Protein Breakfast Wraps
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pockets
- Breakfast Rolls
- Easy Breakfast Skewers
- Easy Breakfast Nachos
- Holiday Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Burrito
- Bacon Breakfast Scramble
Biscuit & Gravy Breakfast Rolls are easy to make, with simple ingredients like bacon, eggs and cheese, you can whip up a delicious breakfast in no time. These breakfast egg rolls are loaded with amazing flavor and are sure to be a hit with your family!