Easy Tortellini Kabobs loaded with fresh flavors with a colorful presentation, they’ll disappear fast anytime they’re served! Drizzle them with Italian dressing and set them out as a delicious party appetizer.
Make these salami and tortellini kabobs for your next gathering or event, everyone is sure to devour these amazing and easy Italian appetizers. Serve these cold tortellini skewers for any occasion and they’re sure to always be a huge hit.
What are Tortellini Kabobs?
These tortellini kabobs are cold appetizers on a stick, like a tortellini salad but served in a portable and proportioned way. This summer salad has gotten a new breath of life in this unique and somewhat fancy form of presentation. The salami adds great savory flavor to any meal, especially when paired with fresh mozzarella and veggies. Give these a try today and see just how delightful they are!
Why you’ll love this easy chilled appetizer recipe
- They are easy to make. The effort needed to make this tasty party dish is very minimal, you can pull this appetizer together in just about 20 minutes. The steps are pretty simple to follow, if you have help it will be even easier!
- So versatile too. You can adjust the ingredients in this kabob recipe to fit your families taste. Using the ingredients you love, with our recipe base line, you can create a new flavor of kabobs every time!
- Healthy and tasty. This dish is not only delicious but healthy too. This is a great dish to serve to family and friends, even the pickiest of eaters will love this dish.
Tortellini: You will need 2 cups worth of cheese filled tortellini pasta, you can use frozen or fresh. I like to use the tri-color tortellini for this recipe, they taste great and have a festive appearance too!
Mozzarella cheese: Use fresh mozzarella balls or “pearls” for these skewers. You will find them in the deli section of your grocery store with the fancy cheeses.
Salami: Adding salami slices to these skewers is a perfect pairing with the cheese and tortellini. Thin slices can be folded for a nice appearance, but thick cut salami slices can be smaller and look nice as well. You will need 8-16 slices, depending on how many pieces you put on each skewer.
Olives: Use one 14-oz can of large black olives for this recipe. One can (drained of juices) should be more than plenty, you can snack on some as you make these kabobs.
Sundried tomatoes: A small 7-oz jar of sundried tomatoes for these kabobs will give them a blast of flavor and color.
Basil: Add some greenery to the party appetizers by using some fresh basil leaves.
Salad Dressing: You will need about 3 TBSP of your favorite Italian dressing to help coat these skewers.
Wooden Skewers: Use long wooden skewers to assemble these kabobs.
How to make Easy Cold Tortellini Kabobs
Begin by cooking the tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Then, when finished cooking, rinse the pasta in cold water and drain well.
Proceed to place the pasta into a bowl and then toss it together with two tablespoons of Italian dressing.
Next, slice the sundried tomatoes in half and tear the basil leaves from their stems.
Continue to arrange the ingredients on your skewers in alternating patterns, filling the sticks up about halfway. My assembly was consistent with each kabob, I started with a basil leaf, then an olive, tortellini, folded slice of salami, another tortellini, sun dried tomato, mozzarella pearl, basil leave, another olive and then one last tortellini.
Once all the kabobs are assembled, brush them with some more Italian dressing for more zesty taste.
Place on a serving platter or plate, serve and enjoy!
Easy Tortellini Kabobs
- 2 cups cheese tortellini pasta
- 8 fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 salami slices
- 16 large olives
- 8 small jar sundried tomatoes pieces
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 3 TBSP Italian salad dressing
- Prep tortellini: Cook the tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Then rinse the pasta in cold water and drain well.
- Place the pasta into a bowl and then toss it together with two tablespoons of Italian dressing.
- Assemble kabobs: Slice the sundried tomatoes in half and tear the basil leaves from their stems.
- Arrange the ingredients on your skewers in alternating patterns, filling the sticks up about halfway. My assembly was consistent with each kabob, I started with a basil leaf, then an olive, tortellini, folded slice of salami, another tortellini, sun dried tomato, mozzarella pearl, basil leave, another olive and then one last tortellini.
- Once assembled, brush the kabobs with Italian dressing for more zesty taste. Place on a serving platter or plate, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are tortellini skewers good for?
These skewers can last up to 5 days in the fridge, if kept well covered and properly stored, but you will want to eat them within 2 or 3 days so that the ingredients are at their freshest and best. After too long the basil will begin to wilt so keep that in mind.
What can I use instead of mozzarella pearls?
If you cant find these tiny balls of cheese then go ahead and use a brick or round ball of fresh mozzarella cheese. Dice it into .5 inch sized square pieces and use in place of the tiny mozzarella balls.
CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE OF MEAT IF I DO NOT LIKE SALAMI?
You sure can! You can use any type of cooked beef, chicken, pork or even shrimp if you’d like. Just make sure whatever meat you choose is fully cooked before adding to the kabobs. Also, this recipe is written around the flavor of salami paired with the other ingredients, be sure to choose a meat that you feel will go well with all the rest of the flavors.
Check out these other great kabobs and skewers recipes!
- SANDWICH APPETIZER SKEWERS
- GRILLED STEAK KABOBS
- CHICKEN PARMESAN SLIDERS
- HONEY CHICKEN KABOBS
- EASY BREAKFAST SKEWERS
- FAJITA CHICKEN KABOBS
- BLACKBERRY CAPRESE SKEWERS
- French Toast Fruit Kabobs
- BBQ CHICKEN PINEAPPLE KABOBS with BACON
- GRILLED SAUSAGE KABOBS & ZAYCON FOODS
- RANCH CHICKEN BACON KABOBS
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs with Bacon and Pineapple Recipe
Easy Tortellini Kabobs are packed with amazing flavors and a lovely colorful appearance, they tend to disappear fast when they are served! The added zest of Italian dressing gives these delicious party appetizers even more wonderful flavor.