Marinated Grilled Steak Kabobs made with tender steak and fresh vegetables, glazed with a flavorful marinade. Easy Grilled Steak recipe perfect for cookouts any time of the year!
I love a good summer time recipe and these Steak Kabobs are no exception- they are so delicious! The simple and quick steak marinade that goes with it make them tender and juicy and it will leave everyone begging for more. Once you add your fresh veggies you have a complete meal all on one stick!
What are Grilled Steak Kabobs?
Steak Kabobs are bite sized pieces of steak, paired alongside a variety of fresh vegetables and a delicious marinade while cooked on a stick over an open flame.
You can really play around with different marinades and seasonings to get the perfect flavor combination. You could also use different proteins in place of steak including chicken, shrimp, lamb or keep it vegetarian by only using fresh vegetables.
Kabobs are really versatile and perfect for large crowds because they are easy to assemble and you can make a ton of them quite easily.
-Sirloin Steaks: you will want to make sure your steak is properly trimmed and cut into bite sized squares.
-Purple Onion: Also known as a red onion, it adds a nice amount of flavor and sweetness.
-Bell Peppers: We love using all different colors- usually red and yellow.
-Yellow Squash or Zucchini- You could also do both, they add a little soft texture and color to each skewer.
-Whole Mushrooms- This is optional, you can add or omit any veggies you prefer!
-Pineapple Chunks- Pineapple chunks are optional but they do go great with the steak kabobs and marinade flavors.
For the marinade you will need:
-Soy sauce: You can use any brand of soy sauce, so choose your favorite or use what you have on hand!
-Worcestershire sauce: You don’t need much, but this sauce always helps to make flavors stand out and adds a level of depth to the marinade.
-Dijon mustard: Adding a little tangy flavor, color, thickness and more.
-Seasonings: Salt, black pepper,and garlic powder. You’ll only need 1/2 a tsp of each, but they really help to flavor this marinade well.
-Pineapple juice: You can buy pineapple juice in the juice section at your store or if you add canned pineapple to your kabobs you can drain the juice from the canned pineapple and use that.
-Brown sugar: This is optional but it will help to cut down on a little of the saltiness in the marinade as well as allow a nice carmelized color to appear when the meat is being cooked.
To make the marinade you will simply gather the following ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
Once combined, pour your marinade into a Ziploc bag or large bowl.
How to assemble your Steak Kabobs
You will want to start by trimming your steaks of any fat and then cube them into 1.5″X 1.5″ cubes.
Add your steak cubes to the bowl of marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight. If you don’t have time to marinade overnight try to at least have them marinade together for 4 hours.
When you are ready cook them, preheat your grill to a high setting.
Drain steak from the marinade and begin to skewer with vegetables placing meat between every 3-4 vegetables.
Add your skewers to the grill and turn every 3-5 minutes until the steak reach an internal temperature of 145°-155° F.
Once they are cooked thoroughly remove them from the grill and have them ret for 5 minutes before serving.
Grilled Steak Kabob
- 2-3 8oz Sirloin Steaks
- 1 purple onion
- 2-3 bell peppers
- 1-2 Yellow Squash or Zucchini
- 2 cup Whole Mushrooms
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks optional
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
How to Make Marinade
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients with a whisk until well mixed.
- Once combined, pour your marinade into a Ziploc bag or leave in a large bowl.
How to assemble your Steak Kabobs
- Trim your steaks of all fat and then cut them into cubes about 1.5" by 1.5" thick.
- Add the cubes to the bowl or bag of marinade, cover with plastic wrap (if needed) and then place them in the fridge overnight or for a minumum of 4 hours.
- When it's ready to grill, preheat your grill to high heat.
- Cut the veggies into 1.5" cube pieces, removing all of the bell pepper seeds as you do.
- Drain the steak pieces from the marinade and then begin to skewer the meats and veggies by placing one chunk of meat between every 3 or 4 pieces of vegetable.
- Add your prepared skewers to the preheated grill and then cook them. Turn every 3-5 minutes until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 145F-155F degrees depending on how done you want them to be.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What can you serve with Steak Kabobs
Steak Kabobs can be served by themselves or with a side of rice and soy sauce or any other dipping sauce of your choosing. You can also make it a complete meal by adding a salad or fruit with it.
Do you have to soak your sticks for kabobs?
When using wooden skewers you always want to soak them first. If you don’t then the wooden sticks could burn or splinter. You can soak them by placing them in a warm water bath for up to thirty minutes. I love using metal skewers because you can use them time and time again and you won’t have to soak them.
- Easy Cheeseburger Recipe
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Lemon Rice
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabobs
- Best Grilled Steak Recipe Ever
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Easy Grilled Italian Chicken with Vegetables
- Grilled BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- BBQ Sticky Chicken recipe
- Jack Cheese Pineapple Chicken
You will love these Grilled Steak Kabobs for your summer get togethers! Beef Kabobs are made with tender steak, fresh veggies and a delicious made from scratch steak marinade. You will love the juicy and tender texture and flavors of these delicious beef kabobs!
Grilled Steak Kabobs are a summertime staple! Kick up your summer BBQ by serving these delicious Beef Kabobs with its delicious made from scratch steak marinade. You will love the fresh and tender flavors of the steak, fresh vegetables and juicy marinade. Marinated Grilled Steak Kabobs made with tender steak and fresh vegetables, glazed with a flavorful marinade. Easy Grilled Steak recipe perfect for cookouts any time of the year!