Easter Egg Oreo Balls are bite-sized treats made with just 4 simple ingredients and are easy to customize to fit your personal taste preferences. From the soft and sweet truffle filling, to the yummy chocolate coating, and the festive sprinkles, make this Oreo balls recipe a spring time favorite!
These Oreo cream cheese balls are not only delicious, but they are also a fun activity to do with kids. Kids will love helping crush the cookies, mix the ingredients, and decorate these easy Easter desserts!
What are Easter Egg Cookie Truffles?
These Easter egg Oreo balls are a delightful treat that combines the flavors of Oreos and cream cheese, coated in chocolate and decorated with colorful sprinkles. They are a popular dessert during the Easter season and are often served at Easter parties, family gatherings, and church events. My family fell in love with these sweet treats the first time I made them, now they are an annual tradition we make together.
Why you should make Easter Oreo Balls
- Delicious treats. The combination of Oreo cookies and cream cheese creates a rich and creamy filling that’s hard to resist. Plus, the chocolate coating adds a satisfying crunch.
- Easy to get the kids involved. Place a few chairs around the tables and divide the tasks amongst the kiddos to make this recipe a family experience. They will love everything from sampling the filling to decorating the eggs. You don’t need any special baking skills or equipment to make these Oreo balls.
- Come together really easily. The steps are as simple as crushing cookies, blending ingredients, rolling into balls, and dipping into melted chocolate. No “hard work” is required because electric mixers, microwaves, and a food processor do most of the legwork.
Easter Oreo Balls Ingredients
Cream cheese: You will need 8-ounces of softened cream cheese for this recipe. This is what will give them a rich, creamy center in every one of the Easter Oreo truffles.
Oreo cookies: Use one standard size (19.1 ounces) package of Oreo cookies. Any flavor variety will work great for this recipe.
Chocolate: For the candy coating, you need 2 cups of almond bark (white or chocolate flavor) or you can use colored candy melts. You can even use a combination of the two and make some pretty unique designs.
Sprinkles: Add some fun and festive Easter-themed sprinkles over your chocolate-dipped truffles to help celebrate the holiday.
How to Make Easter Egg Oreo Balls
Get started by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, make sure this sheet will fit easily into your freezer as that is a future step in this recipe.
Next, add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are finely crushed into sand-like crumbs. The finer the crumbs the better, so try to avoid leaving larger chunks behind.
Then, combine the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend together with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is fully combined.
After that, use a 1 ½ tablespoon-sized scoop to portion out the filling and roll them into little balls. Roll them until they are smooth looking and then gently adjust the shape to look more like an egg.
Next, place each egg-shaped truffles onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all eggs have been shaped.
Then, place the baking sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave, stirring between each until smooth.
Now, using 2 forks, dip each egg into the chocolate and gently shake off any excess chocolate back into the bowl.
Place the chocolate-dipped eggs back onto the sheet of parchment paper and then immediately add your festive sprinkles to the top of each egg. The eggs are chilled so the chocolate will set quickly so the sprinkle application should not be delayed for too long.
Repeat until all of the eggs have been covered with chocolate and sprinkles.
Then, allow the eggs to rest until the chocolate has set.
Serve and enjoy!
Variations of Easter Egg Oreo Balls
Easter Egg Oreo Balls are a delicious treat that can be made in a variety of ways. Here are some variations to try:
Peanut Butter Easter Egg Oreo Balls: For those who love peanut butter, try adding a tablespoon or two of peanut butter to the mixture. This will give the Easter Egg Oreo Balls a delicious peanut butter flavor that is sure to be a hit.
Mint Chocolate Easter Egg Oreo Balls: To make Mint Chocolate Easter Egg Oreo Balls, add a few drops of peppermint extract to the mixture. This will give the Oreo Balls a refreshing mint flavor that is perfect for spring.
Dark Chocolate Easter Egg Oreo Balls: For those who prefer dark chocolate, try using dark chocolate instead of white chocolate. This will give the Easter Egg Oreo Balls a rich and decadent flavor that is sure to satisfy any chocolate lover.
Easter Egg Oreo Balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 19.1 oz Oreo cookies
- 2 cups White almond bark or Colored Candy Melts
- Easter Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, make sure this sheet will fit easily into your freezer as that is a future step in this recipe.
- Begin by add your Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are finely crushed into sand-like crumbs. The finer the crumbs the better, so try to avoid leaving larger chunks behind.
- Place the cookie crumbs and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend together with a hand mixer until combined.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop form the cookie mixture into balls. Roll them smooth and then gently shape into an egg shape. Repeat until all eggs have been shaped.
- Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the almond bark or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Using 2 forks dip each egg in the chocolate and gently shake off any excess.
- Place the chocolate-dipped eggs back onto the sheet of parchment paper and then immediately add your festive sprinkles to the top of each egg. The eggs are chilled so the chocolate will set quickly so the sprinkle application should not be delayed for too long.
- Repeat until all of the eggs have been covered with chocolate and sprinkles. Then, allow the eggs to rest until the chocolate has set.
- Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to Make Oreo Balls Without a Food Processor
You can still make these delicious white chocolate Oreo truffles even if you do not have a food processor handy but it will require a little more effort on your part. Simply place the cookies into a large Ziploc bag and place it onto a hard surface or counter. Use a rolling pin to roll over the cookies until they are finely crushed. Then use as directed.
Can I Freeze Easter Oreo Truffles?
Yes, these truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months and they taste really good while still frozen. Do note that your chocolate will sweat as they thaw to room temperature and your sprinkle colors may run and bleed due to the excess moisture. This is normal and to be expected.
Do Oreo balls need to be refrigerated?
Yes, Oreo balls should be refrigerated to keep them firm and prevent them from melting. They should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
What are some creative Oreo Easter treats?
There are many creative Oreo Easter treats that you can make. Some ideas include Oreo Easter baskets, Oreo Easter egg truffles, Oreo Easter egg pops, and Oreo Easter dirt cups. These treats are easy to make and can be customized with different flavors and decorations.
What is the flavor of Oreo Easter Eggs?
Oreo Easter Eggs have a cookies and cream flavor, similar to regular Oreo cookies. They are shaped like Easter eggs and are coated in a layer of chocolate.
If You Loved These Easter Treats, Try more Easter Recipes here:
- BROWN BUTTER CARROT CAKE
- EASTER PEEPS KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
- EASTER BUNNY KITKAT CAKE
- PEANUT BUTTER EASTER EGGS
- CHOCOLATE NEST EASTER COOKIES
- EASTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER EGG NESTS
- MINI PAVLOVA RECIPE
- BUTTER VANILLA SHEET CAKE
- RASPBERRY VANILLA JELLO SALAD
- 3 INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY LEMONADE PUNCH
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat or a fun activity, Easter Egg Oreo Balls are a great option for Easter. This Oreo balls recipe is a fun treat that is sure to become a staple of the Easter season!