Easter hot chocolate bombs are a fun & festive way to enjoy an Easter treat! Colorful chocolate eggs filled with white hot chocolate & sprinkles – all with an Easter twist!
We love hot chocolate bombs around here and finding new ways to make them creative and fun. With Easter being such a popular holiday, it just made sense to put cocoa in an egg instead of the usual spheres we use. Now instead of hunting for eggs outside you can hunt for hidden marshmallows are colorful chocolate melts in your mug and releases a creamy and delicious hot chocolate to sip and enjoy.
What are Easter Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Hot chocolate bombs are a tasty and fun way to enjoy your favorite hot drink. With egg shaped chocolate molded around hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and fun sprinkles, these little treats will create a drink experience like no other. Every egg is filled with flavor, fun, and festive colors. Even better, you can make your own from the comfort of your kitchen with the proper silicone egg shaped mold. Try it soon and see just how much you’ve been missing.
-Candy Melts: You need 1/2 cup each of pink, yellow and green candy melts – Candy melts are easy to melt and remelt making them perfect for fun colored cocoa bombs. They melt easily in warm milk and create a creamy drink.
-Hot cocoa mix: Use your favorite hot cocoa mix, we want about 6 Tablespoons of cocoa- preferably white hot cocoa.
-Sanding sugar and pearls: Sanding sugar and pearls add to the sparkle of these pretty cocoa bombs and make them a little more festive. Any sanding sugar or pearl color can be added and may be found at a local grocery store. If you do not like sanding sugar or sugar pearls or have an allergy or aversion to it, simply leave them out.
-Multi colored mini marshmallows: The multi colored marshmallows again add to the festive feel of these cocoa bombs, however, regular mini marshmallows would work just as well.
-Silicone egg shaped mold: While not an ingredient, this is kind of crucial to the egg/easter theme we have going on. That said, other silicone molds can work well too, but may not be as festive.
Melt your melting chocolate in 3 separate microwave safe bowls (divided by color.) Microwave the pink and the yellow in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each until smooth. It should only take about 1-2 minutes.
Once the chocolate has been melted and mixed smoothly, dollop a little bit of the pink and yellow into each egg shape. Using the back of a spoon, lightly swirl the colors together to create a marbled effect and spread it around the egg mold to coat the sides well.
Let the egg shells rest on the counter until set or place them in the fridge to speed up the process. You want the chocolate hard.
The top edge of the eggs may be fragile, use leftover chocolate (reheated if necessary) to strengthen it, and allow the chocolate to set again.
Carefully remove each egg shell from the mold.
In the egg shells without the green drizzle, spoon about 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix into each. Then add in colored marshmallows, pink sanding sugar, and pink sugar pearls.
Warm a small plate in the microwave for 45 seconds and place a green drizzled egg shell on the plate to warm the edges.
Place the melted chocolate edge with the edge of a non-melted and filled half of egg and hold it there for a moment to create a “glue” to hold the pieces closed.
Run a clean finger along the seam to help it seal and to smooth it out.
Once all of the hot cocoa bombs are together you can store, serve, or package and giveaway.
To make the cocoa, simply warm 6 ounces of warm milk in a mug and drop the hot chocolate bomb inside.
Let it melt, stir, and sip. Enjoy!
Easter Hot Chocolate Bombs
- ½ c pink candy melts
- ½ c yellow candy melts
- ½ c green candy melts
- 6 Tbs white hot cocoa mix
- Pink sanding sugar optional*
- Pink sugar pearls optional*
- Multi colored mini marshmallows
- In three separate, small sized, microwave safe bowls, melt each of the candy melts in 30 second increments, stirring between, until melted. It should only take 60-90 seconds. Once melted, alternately spoon a little dollop of the pink and yellow melts into each egg mold. Using the back of a spoon, lightly swirl the colors together to create a marbled effect and spread around to coat the sides of the mold.
- Let set on the counter or in the fridge for 10 minutes or until they are set and hardened. The top edge of each mold may be fragile. Using the leftover melt in your preferred color, spread just a little on the top edges of each mold to strengthen them and let set again for 2-3 minutes until hardened. Carefully remove each egg from the mold.
- Once the eggs are removed from the molds, using a spoon or a baggie with a tip cut off, drizzle some of the green melt over half of the eggs.
- In the shells without the green drizzle, spoon 1 Tbs of the hot cocoa mix. Top with some pink sanding sugar, pink sugar pearls and several mini marshmallows.
- Warm a small, microwave safe plate for 45 seconds. Place corresponding empty half with green drizzle on the warm plate and allow to melt slightly to take off the uneven edge and create a “glue”. Connect empty half to filled half, matching the edges to create a whole egg. Run a clean finger over the seam to smooth it out.
- Once all of the hot cocoa bombs are together, serve and enjoy or package and give away!
- To make hot cocoa, simply warm 6 oz of milk and place hot cocoa bomb in it. Let melt, stir and serve!
What is the texture of these hot cocoa bombs?
The candy melts to create a smooth, sweet drink. Once the shell melts, the white hot cocoa, sanding sugar, sugar pearls and mini marshmallows all release into the milk and mix to make a delicious cocoa concoction.
How long are hot chocolate bombs good for?
Depending on what you put inside you can safely store them for anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. I recommend using them sooner rather than later so that you can avoid the possibility of stale marshmallows.
More Easter recipes:
- EASTER BUNNY KITKAT CAKE
- PEANUT BUTTER EASTER EGGS
- EASY & DELICIOUS EASTER DINNER RECIPES
- CHOCOLATE MINT EASTER EGGS
- CHOCOLATE NEST EASTER COOKIES
- EASTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- EASY EASTER MARSHMALLOW DESSERT
- EASTER EGG NESTS
Easter hot chocolate bombs are a fun and festive way to enjoy your favorite warm drinks. With a simple treat packing such a tasty and fun surprise in every chocolate egg, you’re going to wish you had made more Easter bombs because there’s no way you’ll stop with just one.
Easter hot chocolate bombs are a fun & festive way to enjoy an Easter treat! Colorful chocolate filled with white hot chocolate & sprinkles – all with an Easter twist!