We always made these Chippy Dippy Squares (aka 7 layer bars) around the holidays in my family. These little goodies are so easy to toss together and only take a few minutes of prep too!
I recently discovered Nestle Toll House DelightFulls and decided to use these instead of regular chocolate chips and they turned out awesome! I included both the Milk Chocolate DelightFulls w/Caramel Filling and the Milk Chocolate DelightFulls with Peanut Butter Filling and had a really hard time not eating all of them before putting them in the recipe. They are so good! I have a feeling I will be using these DelightFulls in most of my recipes that call for chocolate chips. There are 4 different varieties and they really add a unique twist!
What Are Chippy Dippy Squares?
Chippy Dippy squares are another name for 7 layer bars. They are simple and easy to make dessert treats created using butter, graham crackers, walnuts, condensed milk, and a few other ingredients to create gooey 7 layer magic bars that taste great and look awesome.
Chippy Dippy Squares Ingredients
-Butter: We need 1/2 cup (one stick) of butter to make these bars.
-Graham Crackers Crumbs: With just 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs we can add a nice little “crust” for the bars.
–Delightfulls milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling: We need 1 package of these sweet morsels!
–Delightfulls milk chocolate morsels with peanut butter filling: Adding 1 package of these gives our squares more flavor.
-Butterscotch Chips: Adding another layer of flavor is a package of butterscotch chips.
-Flaked Coconut: You can use sweetened or unsweetened depending on your preferences, but we need 1 cup’s worth.
-Chopped Walnuts: 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts adds a little chewy bite in every square.
-Sweetened Condensed Milk: With one can of sweetened condensed milk we can hold the bars together and give them a soft and slightly gooey texture.
How to Make Chippy Dippy Squares
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and add cubed butter to a 9×13 pan.
Place the pan in the preheating oven to melt the butter.
As soon as the butter has melted completely, remove the pan from the oven and then sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top to form a crust. Be careful and watch the butter, as it will burn if left in the oven for too long.
- 1/2 cup Butter (one stick)
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 pkg Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Milk Chocolate Morsels with Caramel Filling
- 1 pkg Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Milk Chocolate Morsels with Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 pkg Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the butter into a 9X13 pan and place the pan in the oven to melt the butter.
- As soon as the butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly on top of the melted butter.
- Evenly distribute the Nestle Toll House DelightFulls on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Next, add the butterscotch chips, then the coconut and then the chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
How to store 7 layer bars
Keep these bars stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or two. For best results, eat it sooner rather than later and enjoy the best experience with every tasty bite.
What can I use if I can’t find DelightFulls?
If you can’t find the Nestle Toll House DelightFulls and really want to make this recipe, then you can switch them out for caramel chips and peanut butter chips from the baking aisle as a closer substitute.
Can I freeze 7 layer bars?
Yes, if you plan on freezing these bars, then I recommend slicing them into serving sized pieces before flash freezing on a baking sheet and transferring to an airtight container. This will help to prevent them from sticking to each other too much and allow you to grab as many pieces as you want to have at one time without needing to thaw the entire batch at once.
More Bar Desserts and Brownies to Check Out Soon
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Samoa Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Apple Pie Bars
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter and M&M Bars
- Glazed Orange Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Squares
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
- No Bake S’mores Bars
- Homemade Snickers Bars
Chippy Dippy Squares are a fun and tasty sweet treat that you can enjoy during the holidays or any other time of year. With easy prep and just a few minutes, you can have DelightFully delicious goodies.