Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake has a light, moist texture & amazing butter almond vanilla flavors! Dust with powdered sugar and serve this vanilla pound cake with fresh berries for a delightful treat!
This rich and decadent butter pound cake is made with simple ingredients like butter, cream cheese, sugar, and flour, but it’s the combination of these ingredients that creates a flavor and texture that is truly irresistible. The buttery flavor in the cream cheese pound cake recipe is enhanced by the tangy cream cheese, creating a balance that is perfect for any dessert lover.
Butter Pound Cake
You’re in for a real treat with this vanilla and cream cheese pound cake. The creamy, soft cream cheese perfectly complements the sweet and fragrant vanilla in this moist pound cake recipe. With its heavenly combination of flavors and perfect texture, it’s sure to become your new favorite.
One of the things that makes this cake so special is its dense and moist texture. Unlike other pound cakes that can be dry and crumbly, the addition of cream cheese to the batter gives this cake a tender crumb that is both rich and satisfying. Buttery cream cheese pound cake is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Rich and buttery flavor: This pound cake is made with a combination of butter and cream cheese, which gives it a rich and buttery flavor. It is perfect for those who love desserts that are not overly sweet.
- Moist and tender texture: The addition of cream cheese to the recipe makes the cake incredibly moist and tender. It is not dry like some other pound cakes can be.
- Easy to make: Despite its fancy appearance, this pound cake is actually quite easy to make. It requires only a few basic ingredients and does not require any special equipment or techniques.
Butter & Cream Cheese Pound Cake Ingredients
Sugar: For a wonderfully sweet cake, you will need 2 ½ cups of sugar.
Butter: Add in 1 cup of butter (2 sticks, 8oz), softened to room temperature, to make the cake moist and rich in flavor.
Cream cheese: Using one 8-oz block of cream cheese, room temperature, gives this cake a tangy flavor and even more amazing taste too.
Vanilla extract: Help enhance the flavors in this batter by adding in 1 TBSP of vanilla extract.
Almond extract: Round out the great tastes in this cake recipe by using 1 tsp of almond extract.
Eggs: You need 6 eggs, at room temperature, to give the cake incredible texture and help bind all the ingredients together as well.
Flour: The base of this cake recipe is 3 cups of all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled).
Salt: Add ¼ tsp of salt to help balance all the delightful flavors in this pound cake recipe.
Baking soda: Help the cake rise as it bakes by using ½ tsp of baking soda.
Easy step by step on how to make Buttery Pound Cake
Begin by preheating the oven to 325°F. Then grease a 10 cup bundt pan with butter and coat its inner sides with some all-purpose flour. Set it aside.
Also, all the ingredients in this recipe call for them to be room temperature. Prepare ahead of time by pulling out the butter, cream cheese, and eggs about an hour before you want to start baking. Trust me, the results are worth this minimal effort!
Next, place the softened butter and sugar in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer or a hand mixer (to build some muscles!) and mix until the mixture is fluffy and well combined. Note 1: The butter will get pale yellow and airy, and that’s the sign that it’s well combined. Note 2: Using an electric mixer will get you the same results with less time and effort but achieving it with a hand mixer is possible too.
Then add in the vanilla extract, almond extract and soft cream cheese and mix again.
Next, incorporate one egg at a time. You should mix just enough to combine, don’t over-mix, or your cake will end up denser than expected.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda and then incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet cake batter. Stir with a spatula until combined. Once again, be careful not to over-mix.
Continue to pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and tap it on the counter to release air bubbles.
Place the cake in the preheated oven and bake for 1:15-1:25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out perfectly clean.
Let the baked cake cool on a rack for about 20 minutes. Then place a plate on top and overturn gently, releasing the cake onto the plate.
Proceed to dust the cake with powdered sugar and serve with sliced almonds and fresh berries. Enjoy!
Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, 8oz, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spoon and leveled
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan with butter, and coat its inner sides with some all-purpose flour. (I’ve used a 9’’pan, but a 10’’ pan would also work for this recipe). Set it aside.
- All ingredients in this recipe need to be room temperature. Prepare ahead of time by pulling out the butter, cream cheese, and eggs about an hour before you want to start baking.
- Batter: Place softened butter and sugar in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer or a hand mixer (to build some muscles!) and mix until the mixture is fluffy and well combined. Note 1: Butter will get pale yellow and airy, and that’s the sign that it’s well combined. Note 2: using an electric mixer will get you the same results with less time and effort, but achieving it with a hand mixer is possible too.
- Add vanilla extract, almond extract and cream cheese and mix.
- Next, incorporate one egg at a time. You should mix just enough to combine, don’t over-mix, or your cake will end up denser than expected.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl and then incorporate them into the cake batter. Stir with a spatula until combined. Once again, be careful not to over-mix.
- Bake: Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt cake pan and tap it on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake your cake for 1:15-1:25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out perfectly clean.
- Place cake pan on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes. Place a plate on top and overturn gently, releasing the cake onto the plate. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with sliced almonds and fresh berries. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do you make a moist pound cake without using the keyword ingredient?
To make a moist pound cake without using the keyword ingredient, you can add other ingredients that will help keep the cake moist. Some options include adding sour cream, yogurt, or buttermilk to the batter. You can also try adding fruit puree or pudding mix to the batter to add moisture.
What is the difference between a regular pound cake and a cream cheese pound cake?
The main difference between a regular pound cake and a cream cheese pound cake is the addition of cream cheese to the batter. This gives the cake a richer flavor and a denser, creamier texture.
Are there any variations of cream cheese pound cake?
There are many variations of cream cheese pound cake that you can try. Some popular options include adding lemon or orange zest to the batter, or adding chocolate chips or fruit to the batter. You can also try adding different flavor extracts, such as almond or vanilla, to the batter.
What is the best way to store cream cheese pound cake?
To store cream cheese pound cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container. You can store it at room temperature for up to three days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze cream cheese pound cake for up to three months.
Can you make a half batch of cream cheese pound cake?
Yes, you can make a half batch of cream cheese pound cake. Simply divide all of the ingredients in half and bake the cake in a smaller pan.
What are some tips for making a perfect pound cake?
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature: This will ensure that they blend together smoothly and evenly.
- Mix a lot before adding the eggs: This will get you a soft, and moist cake.
- Common issue “curdled butter cake”: This happens when added eggs are not at room temperature, or you added them too quickly or with an inappropriately mixed sugar and butter mixture. But no worries, this can be easily fixed by adding 1- 2 tbsp of flour and continuing mixing.
- Bake at a low temperature: Baking at a lower temperature (around 325°F) will help the cake to bake evenly and prevent the top from over-browning.
- Don’t open the oven door while baking: Opening the oven door can cause the cake to sink or crack. Wait at least 50 minutes of baking time before you make the toothpick test.
- Cool the cake properly: Give it enough time to cool down or you could break your cake apart when unmolding.
Love cake? Try more delicious and easy cake recipes here!
- LEMON BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE
- 7-UP POUND CAKE
- LEMON POUND CAKE MUFFINS
- LIME POUND CAKE
- BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
- BANANA POUND CAKE
- Mandarin Orange Cake with Pineapple Frosting
- Raspberry Cream Cake
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Cake
- Strawberries & Cream Poke Cake
Give this Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake a try for your next family get together or special occasion, its amazing flavor and texture does not disappoint! Serve this vanilla pound cake with whipped cream and fresh berries on top for an amazing treat.