Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie is made with a brownie crust, topped with peppermint ice cream & whipped cream! Perfect peppermint dessert for the holidays!
This brownie pie is easy to make and can be customized to suit individual tastes. Some people may prefer to use a different flavor of ice cream, such as vanilla or chocolate, while others may want to add toppings like whipped cream or chocolate chips. Regardless of how it is prepared, this ice cream pie recipe is sure to be added to your favorites list!
What is Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie?
This brownie peppermint ice cream pie is a delicious dessert that combines the classic flavors of brownies, peppermint, and ice cream. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a holiday party, birthday celebration, or just a sweet treat after dinner.
The pie consists of a rich, chocolate brownie crust that is filled with a creamy peppermint ice cream. The brownie crust provides a chewy texture that contrasts perfectly with the smooth and creamy ice cream filling. To make the pie even more decadent, it is topped with more whipped cream and crushed candy canes. This adds an extra layer of flavor and texture to the dessert, making it even more irresistible!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Easy to Make: This recipe is simple and easy to follow. You don’t need any special skills or equipment to make it, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to indulge in a sweet treat, this dessert is perfect. It’s great for holiday parties, birthdays, or any time you want to impress your guests.
- Rich and Decadent: The combination of chocolate brownies and peppermint ice cream creates a rich and decadent flavor that will satisfy your sweet tooth. The brownies are fudgy and chewy, while the ice cream is creamy and refreshing.
Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie Ingredients
Brownie mix: For the pie crust, you will need one 10.25-oz package of brownie mix.
Chocolate chips: Add in ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for a double chocolate crust.
Ice cream: You need 1 pint of peppermint ice cream for a creamy and delicious pie filling.
Peppermint candy: Use ¼ cup of crushed peppermint candies to top this incredible pie with.
Peppermint Whipped Cream
Heavy cream: Make homemade whipped cream by using 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Powder sugar: Adding ¼ cup of powdered sugar will sweeten this pie filling nicely.
Peppermint extract: You will need ¼ tsp of peppermint extract to add a bit more flavor to this pie.
How to make Peppermint Brownie Ice Cream Pie
To start, spray a 9″ pie plate with non-stick spray suitable for baked goods then set it aside. Also, get the oven preheating to 350°F.
Pull the ice cream out of the freezer and let it thaw out while the brownies bake. It needs to be somewhat soft for a later step, but not completely defrosted.
Next, prepare the brownie mix according to package directions and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Proceed to spread the batter into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Let the brownie cool completely, then press it down onto the pie plate if it’s puffed up a bit while baking.
Peppermint Whipped Cream
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with ¼ cup of powdered sugar and ¼ tsp of peppermint extract. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, which can take about 4-6 minutes.
Next, take half the Peppermint whipped cream and combine with the softened peppermint ice cream. Then add 1-3 drops of red food coloring, if desired. Transfer this mixture into the cooled brownie pie crust.
After that, top the pie with rosettes of the remaining peppermint whipped cream. Sprinkle the pie with some crushed peppermint candies.
Next, cover the pie and freeze for at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve, slice and enjoy!
Customization Ideas for Brownie Ice Cream Pie
Alternative Crust Options: For a gluten-free option, try using crushed gluten-free cookies or nuts as the base. For a chocolate lover, a chocolate cookie crust would be a great alternative. You could even try a pretzel crust for a sweet and salty twist.
Ice Cream Variations: While peppermint ice cream is the star of this pie, there are many other ice cream flavors that could be used instead. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream would be a great alternative, or you could try a seasonal flavor like pumpkin or eggnog for a festive twist. You could even mix and match flavors to create a unique and delicious combination.
Dietary Adaptations: For those with dietary restrictions, there are many adaptations that can be made to this recipe. For a dairy-free option, use a non-dairy ice cream and substitute coconut oil for the butter in the brownie layer. For a vegan option, use a vegan ice cream and substitute flax eggs for the regular eggs in the brownie layer. You could also use gluten-free cookies or nuts for the crust to make it gluten-free.
Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
- 10 oz package brownie mix *see note in section below
- ⅓ cup oil brownie mix ingredient
- 2 TBSP water brownie mix ingredient
- 1 egg brownie mix ingredient
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies
Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Prep: Spray pie plate with non-stick spray suitable for baked goods, set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake brownies: Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, stirring in the oil, water and egg. Mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely then press the brownie down into pie plate if it's puffed up a bit while baking.
- Peppermint Whipped Cream: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream with ¼ cup powdered sugar and ¼ tsp peppermint extract. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, which takes about 4-6 minutes.
- Take half the Peppermint whipped cream and combine with the peppermint ice cream. Add 1-3 drops red food coloring, if desired. Transfer mixture into the cooled brownie pie crust.
- Top with rosettes of remaining peppermint whipped cream. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Freeze: Cover & freeze at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, slice and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Serving Suggestions for Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
This pie is best served chilled and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes for an added festive touch. It can also be served with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
Tips for Perfect Consistency and Flavor
To ensure a perfect consistency, it’s important to let the ice cream soften slightly before spreading it into the pie crust. It’s also recommended to use a high-quality ice cream and to mix in the crushed peppermint candies evenly. To enhance the flavor, consider adding a pinch of sea salt to the brownie batter.
How long is this ice cream pie good for?
This pie can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 week. After that, the texture may become icy and the flavor may begin to diminish.
What flavor profile should I expect from combining brownie and peppermint ice cream?
The combination of rich chocolate brownie and cool, refreshing peppermint ice cream creates a deliciously indulgent dessert with a perfect balance of flavors. The chocolate and peppermint complement each other beautifully, creating a festive and satisfying treat.
Can brownie peppermint ice cream pie be made ahead of time?
Yes, this pie can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer until ready to serve. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. When ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly before slicing and serving.
Love Pie as much as we do? Try more great recipes here:
- Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
- Creamy Peach Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Pina Colada Pie
- Caramel Chocolate Turtle Pie
- Homemade Boston Creme Pie
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Cookie Cups
- Easy Peach Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Split Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Easy Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Cherry Pie Cookies
Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie is made with simple ingredients, it comes together quickly and chilled to perfection. This peppermint dessert makes a great holiday dessert to serve at family gatherings, parties, or just a special treat for your family.