Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie with fantastic fruit flavor & SUPER CUTE!! Delightful cream pie with chocolate chips that’s perfect for summer BBQ’s!
Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie is a delicious dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. This pie is made with a pre-made graham cracker crust, whipped topping, pureed strawberries, vanilla instant pudding mix, watermelon flavoring, green and red food coloring, and chocolate chips. The recipe is easy to follow and can be made in a short amount of time.
Why You’ll Love this Watermelon Pie
This Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie is a perfect summer dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. The combination of strawberries and watermelon creates a refreshing and delicious flavor that is perfect for hot summer days.
- It’s EASY!! One of the best things about this pie is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic steps, you can create a beautiful and impressive dessert that will impress your friends and family.
- So LIGHT! The whipped topping used in this recipe gives the pie a light and airy texture, while the chocolate chips add a delicious crunch to each bite. The green and red food coloring used to create the watermelon effect not only looks beautiful but also adds an extra layer of flavor to the pie.
- Great FRUIT flavor! This pie is also a great option for those who are looking for a dessert that is not too heavy or overly sweet. The combination of the whipped topping and fresh fruit creates a light and refreshing dessert that won’t leave you feeling weighed down.
Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie Ingredients
The Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie recipe calls for a few simple ingredients that can be easily found in most grocery stores. Here is a list of the ingredients needed:
- 15 oz whipped topping
- 10″ pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 6-8 berries)
- 3 TBSP vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp watermelon flavoring
- Green & red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
The whipped topping is the main ingredient of this recipe and gives the pie its creamy texture. It is recommended to use a pre-made graham cracker pie crust to save time and effort. The pureed strawberries add a fruity flavor to the pie, while the vanilla instant pudding mix and watermelon flavoring help to enhance the overall taste.
Green and red food coloring are used to give the pie its signature colors of green and pink. The chocolate chips are used to add a bit of texture and sweetness to the pie and also mimic watermelon seeds!
Preparing the Pie
To make the Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie, the first step is to scoop out about 1.5 cups of whipped topping into a bowl. The whipped topping is then colored with green food coloring until the desired shade is achieved. Once the color is uniform, the whipped topping is transferred to the pre-made graham cracker pie crust. The cream is then smoothed around the bottom and up the sides of the crust. The pie is placed in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
The process is repeated with another 1.5 cups of whipped topping that’s not colored. The pie is returned to the freezer for 20 minutes. While the pie is freezing, the strawberries are washed and de-stemmed. They are then pureed in a small food processor until smooth.
The berry puree is then transferred to a large mixing bowl, and dry pudding mix and watermelon extract are sprinkled over it. The mixture is stirred and left to sit for 5 minutes. The remaining whipped topping is then added to the mixture, along with red food coloring and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
The pie is removed from the freezer, and the strawberry mixture is transferred to the pie, spreading it so that it settles into the pie uniformly. The pie is then topped with another 1-2 TBSP mini chocolate chips. It is returned to the freezer for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
Before serving, the pie is removed from the freezer and left to sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Serving the Pie
Once the Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie has been frozen for at least 3-4 hours, it is ready to be served. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes to allow it to soften slightly. This will make it easier to slice and serve.
To serve the pie, use a sharp knife to cut it into slices. The slices can be as thin or as thick as desired, depending on personal preference.
When serving the pie, it is recommended to top each slice with additional chocolate chips, if desired. This will add a little extra sweetness and crunch to each bite. You can also serve it with fresh strawberries and even balls of fresh watermelon.
Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie
- 15 oz whipped topping
- 10 inch pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- ½ cup pureed strawberries about 6-8 berries
- 3 TBSP vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ tsp watermelon flavoring
- green & red food coloring
- ¼ cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Scoop out about 1.5 cups whipped topping into a bowl. Add green food coloring and stir until color is uniform. Add more until satisfied. Transfer whipped topping to pie crust and smooth cream around the bottom and up the sides of the crust. Place pie in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Repeat process with another 1.5 cups of whipped topping that’s not colored. Return to freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the pie is freezing, wash and de-stem the strawberries. Puree them in a small food processor until smooth.
- Transfer berry puree to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with dry pudding mix and watermelon extract. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining whipped topping. Add red food coloring and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. (You can use mini chocolate chips or standard sized. I used a mixture of both.)
- Remove pie from freezer and transfer strawberry mixture to pie, spreading mixture so that it settles into the pie uniformly. Top with another 1-2 TBSP mini chocolate chips. Return to freezer for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, remove pie from freezer and let sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I use fresh watermelon instead of watermelon flavoring?
While fresh watermelon might seem like a good alternative, it is not recommended for this recipe. The water content in fresh watermelon can make the pie too watery and prevent it from setting. It is best to use watermelon flavoring to achieve the desired taste.
Can I use a different type of pie crust?
Yes, you can use a different type of pie crust if you prefer. I think a walnut or pecan pie crust will taste amazing! A chocolate pie crust is also a good idea.
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time. It is recommended to freeze the pie for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight, before serving. This makes it easy to prepare the pie ahead of time for special occasions or events.
Can I add more chocolate chips to the pie?
Yes, you can add more chocolate chips to the pie if you prefer. However, keep in mind that too many chocolate chips might overpower the flavors of the pie. It is recommended to use 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and top with an additional 1-2 tablespoons for garnish.
Can I substitute the whipped topping with whipped cream?
While it is possible to substitute whipped topping with whipped cream, it is not recommended. Whipped topping is more stable and holds up better in the freezer, which is necessary for this recipe. Whipped cream might become too soft and affect the texture of the pie. You can use Stabilized Whipped Cream though, if you prefer!
Can I use a different flavor of pudding mix?
Yes, you can use a different flavor of pudding mix if you prefer. Other options are white chocolate or cheesecake. However, keep in mind that vanilla pudding mix complements the flavors of the pie well, so using a different flavor might alter the taste.
Can I add more food coloring to the pie?
Yes, you can add more food coloring to the pie if you prefer. However, keep in mind that too much food coloring might affect the taste and texture of the pie. It is recommended to add food coloring gradually until you achieve the desired color.
Can I use Natural Food Coloring in this pie?
Yes! If you watch the video, I used natural food coloring. You need to add quite a bit more to get good results though. You can see from the video I ended up using about 1/2 the container of natural coloring!
Storing Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie
After making this delicious Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie, you might be wondering how to store it properly to keep it fresh and tasty. Here are some tips to help you store your pie:
- Freezer: The best way to store this pie is in the freezer. Once the pie is fully set, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the freezer. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. When you’re ready to serve the pie, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Refrigerator: If you don’t have space in your freezer, you can store the pie in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Cover the pie with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator. Keep in mind that the pie will not be as firm as it would be if stored in the freezer.
- Slicing: When you’re ready to slice the pie, use a sharp knife that has been dipped in warm water to make clean cuts. This will help prevent the pie from crumbling or breaking apart.
- Toppings: If you want to add additional toppings, such as whipped cream or fresh fruit, it’s best to add them right before serving. This will help prevent the toppings from becoming soggy or wilted.
Overall, this Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie is a delicious and refreshing dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. By following these simple storage tips, you can ensure that your pie stays fresh and tasty for as long as possible.
More Cream Pie recipes:
- FROZEN RASPBERRY PIE
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY JELLO PIE
- OREO PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- NO BAKE ORANGE CREAMSICLE PIE
- CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM PIE
- BUTTER PECAN BANANA CREAM PIE
- STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE
The Strawberry Watermelon Cream Pie is a perfect dessert for any occasion. It is easy to make, delicious, and sure to impress guests. Whether served at a summer barbecue or a holiday gathering, this pie is sure to be a hit.