No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie is a creamy sweet citrus orange pie in a vanilla wafers cookie crust. No bake pie recipe that’s simple to make & tastes incredible!
This orange creamsicle pie will bring back nostalgic memories of your childhood with the creamy orange sherbet and vanilla flavors. Made with minimal steps and ingredients you won’t believe how incredible this orange creamsicle pic recipe really is.
Orange Creamsicle Icebox Pie
We are making this orange creamsicle pie with cream cheese to make it rich and creamy. We also use marshmallow fluff and whipped topping to make it extra sweet and fluffy. Every slice is so light and airy that you are going to want another slice. This creamy pie is addictingly good and an absolutely perfect treat for a hot day. Try it soon and see why we are going crazy over this orange creamsicle pie recipe!
Why you should try this No Bake Pie Recipe
- Perfect for any occasion. This pie can be presented for holidays like Easter or Memorial day but it also does great as a simple dessert for any day of the week. Garnish your pie with a little whipped cream, orange slice, or orange zest and it’ll be ready to make its debut on any table.
- This recipe is versatile. While you can’t beat the classic combination of vanilla and orange, you can switch it up a bit. Use any flavored sherbet you want, including lime or raspberry, and make this recipe truly unique.
- Minimal steps and ingredients. With only 5 or 6 ingredients and steps, you can whip up this pie in no time and have it chilling in the freezer ready to go.
Orange Creamsicle Pie Ingredients
Vanilla wafers: You will need 1 ½ cup of vanilla wafers for the cookie crust.
Butter: Use 5 tablespoons of melted butter to help bind the cookie crumbs together.
Cream cheese: To make the filling creamy, rich, and more stabilized you will need 8 ounces of softened cream cheese.
Marshmallow fluff: Using 1 7-ounce jar of marshmallow fluff is needed to help get the pie filling to the perfect consistency and sweetness.
Orange ice cream: Use 2 cups of your favorite (softened) orange creamsicle ice cream or orange sherbet to help flavor this pie well.
Whipped topping: You will need 1 8-ounce tub of thawed whipped topping to help make the pie filling fluffy and light. Use additional whipped topping for garnish, if desired.
Best way to soften ice cream for pies
For some no-bake pie recipes that call for ice cream, you will need softened ice cream. The best way to do this is to transfer the ice cream from the freezer to the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before using. Or you can let it sit on the counter at room temperature for 10-15 minutes as well. If you forget this step, you can soften ice cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds too.
How to make No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie
Start by crushing the vanilla wafer cookies in a food processor until you produce fine crumbs.
Then, add in the melted butter and pulse together until just mixed.
Next, press your cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9-10 inch pie plate and then set it aside.
Using an electric hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff in a large mixing bowl.
Then, add in the softened ice cream and stir together until combined.
After that, fold in the whipped topping until it has been well incorporated.
Proceed to pour the creamsicle filling into the prepared pie crust.
Next, place the pie into the freezer for about 4 hours to set and chill.
If desired, top the pie with some additional whipped cream and orange slices as garnish.
Slice, serve chilled and enjoy!
How to Serve No Bake Orange Cream Pie
After your pie has chilled for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) garnish the top with some whipped cream and fresh orange finishes like sliced oranges or orange zest. I recommend letting the pie rest for about 10 minutes before trying to slice it so that it is easier to cut through. Note that you don’t want to add the garnishes until ready to serve because they will not look as pretty if too far in advance.
No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie
- 1 ½ cup vanilla wafers
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 7 ounce marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups orange creamsicle ice cream or orange sherbet softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- In a food process crush the vanilla wafers until you produce fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the cookie crumbs and pulse till just mixed.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9-10 inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, add in the softened ice cream and stir together until combined.
- After that, fold in the whipped topping until it has been well incorporated.
- Proceed to pour the creamsicle filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Next, place the pie into the freezer for about 4 hours to set and chill.
- If desired, top the pie with some additional whipped cream and orange slicesas garnish.
- Slice, serve chilled and enjoy!
How long is creamsicle pie good for?
Storing this pie in the fridge, in an airtight container, the leftovers will last up to 5 days. This pie can also stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. This should give you plenty of time to savor those leftover slices.
Can I use storebought graham cracker crust?
Absolutely! Save time and effort and just buy a crust already made. You can use any flavored pie crust you want so go ahead and get creative with some fun pairings.
Can I make my own cool whip?
If you don’t want to use cool whip topping, you can go ahead and make your own whipped topping instead. You will need roughly 3 cups of homemade whipped topping to replace the 1 8-ounce tub needed.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM?
If you want to make whipped cream ahead of time, you can, but you have to stabilize it. To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
Add in the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high until mixture is smooth.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 days.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster: use a metal bowl and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
Check out these other terrific no bake desserts that you’ll adore
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- NO BAKE PEACHES AND CREAM PIE
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BARS
- NO BAKE OREO CAKE
- NO BAKE MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN PIE
- NO BAKE MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES
- NO BAKE ECLAIR CAKE
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- BEST, EASY NO BAKE DESSERTS
- NO BAKE APPLE BARS
- NO BAKE KOOL AID PIE
- NO-BAKE CHERRY LUSH DESSERT
With a combination of orange and vanilla in every bite, this no-bake orange creamsicle pie recipe is one to enjoy all summer long. Packed with sweet and tangy flavors in every slice this is one dessert you’re going to want to hold on to.