Pumpkin OREO Balls are made with golden Oreo cookies, cream cheese & pumpkin pie spice blended & shaped into darling pumpkins! These Oreo cookie balls are simple to make & perfect for Halloween!
These bite-sized pumpkin truffles are perfect for fall and Halloween parties, or as a sweet snack to enjoy at home. Whether you’re a fan of pumpkin spice or just looking for a fun new dessert to try, Oreo balls truffles are a tasty and satisfying treat.
What are Pumpkin Oreo Balls
These Pumpkin Pie Truffles are delicious and adorable! Golden Oreo’s and cream cheese mixed with pumpkin pie spice create truffles that taste exactly like a thick, soft pumpkin cookie. Oreo truffles are shaped like pumpkins and dipped in orange chocolate to look just like them too! These are so cute, easy and always a hit!
Pumpkin Oreo Balls are a fun and tasty dessert that is sure to please anyone who loves the flavors of pumpkin and chocolate. They are easy to make and can be customized with different toppings to suit any occasion. These bite-sized treats are perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and they are a great addition to any dessert table.
Why You’ll Love This Festive Fall Truffle Recipe
- No-Bake: These Pumpkin Oreo Balls are a no-bake recipe, which means you don’t have to worry about using an oven or stove. All you need is a food processor and a few minutes of your time.
- Customizable: You can easily customize this recipe by adding different toppings or decorations. For example, you can roll the Pumpkin Oreo Balls in crushed graham crackers or dip them in melted chocolate.
- Kid-Friendly: Kids will love helping you make these Pumpkin Oreo Balls. It’s a fun activity to do together and a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Oreo Pumpkin Balls
Cream cheese: For the binding ingredient in these truffles, you will need 8-oz of cream cheese, softened.
Oreo cookies: Use 1 package (14.3 ounce) of Golden Oreo cookies for the amazing flavor and texture in these treats.
Pumpkin pie spice: For the Fall inspired taste, you will want to use 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
Vanilla extract: Enhance the wonderful flavors by adding in 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Chocolate melts: Coat the truffles with 16-oz of orange chocolate melts and also use green candy melts to make leaves and vines.
Lollipop sticks: Although these are not an ingredient, it is helpful to use lollipop sticks for this truffle recipe.
Step by step on how to make Pumpkin Oreo Balls
In a blender or food processor, crush the Oreo cookies into a fine crumb mixture.
Next, add in the softened cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Pulse until the mixture is well combined.
Proceed to roll the dough into 1-inch balls and slightly flatten them to make them into a pumpkin shape. Then, use a lollipop stick to make lines on the sides and set them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
Place a stick into the center top of each ball.
After that, put the tray with the truffles into the freezer to chill, this will make dipping much easier.
When ready to dip the truffles, melt the orange candy melts in 30 second intervals, in the microwave, until smooth and melted.
Then dip each truffle into the orange chocolate and gently tap off any excess chocolate.
Place each coated truffle back onto the parchment paper and let set for 10-20 minutes.
Once the orange chocolate has set, melt the green candy melts and place them in a little ziplocked bag with the end snipped off and pipe on leaves and vines.
Serve and enjoy!
Pumpkin OREO Balls
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 14.3 oz Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz orange candy melts
- 2 TBSP Green candy melts for leaves
- Prep: Crush up the Oreo cookies into a fine crumb with a blender or food processor.
- Add in the softened cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Pulse until mixture is combined.
- Shape: Roll into 1 inch balls and slightly flatten balls to shape them into a pumpkin shape. Use a lollipop stick to make lines on the sides. Set on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Chill: Place a stick into the center top of each ball. Put the tray with the truffles into the freezer to chill, this will make dipping much easier.
- Chocolate coating: When ready to dip melt the orange candy melts in 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth and melted.
- Dip each truffle into the orange chocolate and gently tap off any excess. Place back onto the parchment paper.
- Add leaf: Once the orange chocolate has set you can melt the green candy melts and place them in a little ziplocked bag with the end snipped off and pipe on leaves and vines. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Tips, Tricks & Variations for Oreo Truffles
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice in your spice cabinet, you can use cinnamon. The flavor will be slightly different but still delicious!
- Sometimes Oreo has a pumpkin spice Oreo cookie during the Fall season and if you are lucky enough to find them, use those in place of the vanilla Oreo’s and skip the pumpkin spice.
- To make the ball rolling process easier, use a medium size cookie scoop. It portions out the perfect amount of dough and helps the truffles be uniform in size.
- You can crush the Oreo’s by hand using a rolling pin and a ziplocked bag, but make sure there are no large cookie pieces left.
When were Oreo balls invented?
The exact origin of Oreo balls is unknown, but they have been a popular treat for many years. The recipe for Oreo balls is believed to have originated in the United States, possibly in the 1980s or 1990s.
How do you store Oreo truffle balls?
Oreo balls should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 1 week if stored properly.
Can Oreo balls be frozen?
Yes, Oreo balls can be frozen. To freeze, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
What are some creative ways to present Oreo balls?
There are many creative ways to present Oreo balls. They can be served on a platter, in a decorative bowl, or on a stick. They can also be decorated with sprinkles, chocolate drizzle, or crushed candy canes for a festive touch. Another fun idea is to package them in a decorative box or bag and give them as a gift.
Want more Fall inspired treats? Try more recipes here:
- Caramel Apple Bread
- 3-Ingredient Reese’s Fudge
- Reese’s Krispie No-Bake Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Pretzels
- Reese’s Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Double Apple Walnut Bread
- Chocolate Caramel Apples
- Halloween Popcorn
- Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- Fall Fruit Breakfast Crumble
To make Pumpkin Oreo Balls, you will need just a few simple ingredients, including Oreos, cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. These Oreo cookie balls are perfect for parties, potlucks, or as a sweet treat to enjoy at home.