Pumpkin Banana Muffins made with classic ingredients like pumpkin, mashed bananas, cinnamon, brown sugar & maple syrup! You’ll love the fantastic flavors in these soft, moist banana bread muffins.
Each ingredient in this recipe for easy pumpkin muffins has been carefully selected to create a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. From the earthiness of pumpkin to the sweetness of bananas, the warm spices, and the comforting sweetness of brown sugar and maple syrup, these Banana Pumpkin Muffins are a celebration of the fall season in every bite.
What make Pumpkin Banana Muffins?
Pumpkin banana muffins are a delicious and healthy baked treat that combines the flavors of pumpkin and banana. These muffins are a great way to use up ripe bananas and leftover pumpkin puree. Banana muffins are easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or raisins to the batter for extra flavor and texture. You can also adjust the amount of sugar and spices to suit your taste.
These muffins are not only tasty, but they are also packed with nutrients. Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A, which is essential for healthy vision, while bananas are rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure. These muffins are also high in fiber, which can help keep you feeling full for longer periods of time. A delightful and nutritious treat that can be enjoyed any time of day!
Why You Will Love This Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Perfect for breakfast or a snack: These muffins are a great way to start your day or to satisfy your sweet tooth in the afternoon.
- Easy to make: This recipe is very simple and can be made in just a few steps. You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients, just a mixing bowl and a few measuring cups.
- Customizable: You can add your favorite spices, nuts, or chocolate chips to this recipe to make it your own. Plus, you can easily make a batch of mini muffins or regular-sized muffins depending on your preference.
Homemade Pumpkin Banana Muffin Ingredients
Flour: You will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour for this easy muffin recipe.
Baking powder: Help the muffins rise as they bake by adding in 1 tsp. of baking powder.
Baking soda: Make these treats nice and soft by using 1 tsp. of baking soda.
Cinnamon: Add 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon for a lovely warm taste.
Brown sugar: For a wonderful depth of flavor, use ½ cup of brown sugar.
Maple syrup: Using ¼ cup of maple syrup gives these muffins incredible taste and texture.
Salt: Help balance all the great flavors by adding in ½ tsp. of salt.
Canola oil: Adding in ⅓ cup of canola oil gives these muffins the needed fats to stay nice and moist.
Vanilla extract: By adding in 1 tsp. of vanilla extract helps enhance all the amazing flavors in this muffin recipe.
Eggs: Bind the ingredients together well by adding in 2 large eggs.
Pumpkin puree: You will want to add in ¾ cup of pumpkin puree for more amazing taste and texture too.
Bananas: A healthy addition to these soft muffins is 1 cup of mashed bananas.
Step by step on how to make Banana Pumpkin Muffins
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then line a muffin tin with paper (or silicon) cups or lightly grease them with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
Then, in a separate larger bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, canola oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk everything together until the mixture becomes smooth and the sugar begins to dissolve.
After that, gradually add the pumpkin puree and mashed bananas to the wet mixture.
Next, carefully incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be sure not to overmix – a few lumps are fine.
Using a scoop or a spoon, divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way full, allowing room for the muffins to rise.
Proceed to place the muffin tin into the preheated oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Once baked, take the muffins out of the oven, and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chips: Adding chocolate chips to pumpkin banana muffins is a popular variation that can make them even more indulgent. Dark chocolate chips can add a rich, sophisticated flavor, while milk chocolate chips can make the muffins sweeter and more kid-friendly. Consider using mini chips to distribute the chocolate more evenly throughout the muffins.
Nuts: Nuts can add a satisfying crunch to pumpkin banana muffins. Chopped pecans or walnuts are classic choices, but almonds or hazelnuts could also work well. Consider toasting the nuts before adding them to the batter to enhance their flavor.
Spices: Pumpkin pie spice is a common ingredient in pumpkin banana muffins, but there are many other spices that could be used to add depth and complexity to the flavor. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice are all good options. Consider experimenting with different ratios of spices to find the perfect blend for your taste.
Cream Cheese Frosting: For a decadent twist, consider topping pumpkin banana muffins with cream cheese frosting. The tanginess of the cream cheese can balance out the sweetness of the muffins and add a creamy texture. Consider adding a pinch of cinnamon to the frosting to tie in the flavors of the muffins.
Gluten-Free or Vegan Options: For those with dietary restrictions, pumpkin banana muffins can still be enjoyed with a few simple substitutions. Gluten-free flour can be used in place of all-purpose flour, and a flax egg can be used in place of a regular egg to make the muffins vegan. Consider using coconut oil or vegan butter in place of regular butter to make the muffins dairy-free.
Healthier Option: If you’re looking for a whole grain option, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Just keep in mind that whole wheat flour might yield slightly denser muffins, so consider doing a 50/50 mix with all-purpose flour. You can also replace the maple syrup and use honey or agave syrup as a substitute. Keep in mind that honey has a stronger flavor, so adjust the quantity to taste.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with muffin paper cups or lightly grease them with non-stick baking spray.
- Batter: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate larger bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, canola oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk everything together until the mixture becomes smooth and the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Gradually add the pumpkin puree and mashed bananas to the wet mixture.
- Carefully incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be sure not to overmix – a few lumps are absolutely fine.
- Using a scoop or a spoon, divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Fill each cup about ¾ of the way full, allowing room for the muffins to rise.
- Bake: Place the muffin tin into the preheated oven and bake for around 18-20 minutes.
- Once baked, take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Tips & Tricks for making GREAT Muffins Every time!
- Before combining the dry and wet ingredients, consider sifting the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Sifting aerates the dry ingredients and helps prevent any lumps, resulting in a smoother batter.
- When combining the wet and dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Overmixing can lead to dense muffins, so it’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful they are. Overripe bananas are perfect for this recipe, as they’re easier to mash and contribute to the overall sweetness of the muffins.
- When filling the muffin cups, aim to fill them about ¾ of the way. This allows the muffins to rise properly without overflowing.
How can I make pumpkin banana muffins without flour?
If you want to make pumpkin banana muffins without flour, you can try using almond flour or coconut flour instead. You can also try using oats or oat flour, or a combination of these flours.
Is it possible to make pumpkin banana muffins without sugar?
Yes, it is possible to make pumpkin banana muffins without sugar. You can use natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or mashed bananas to sweeten the muffins.
Pumpkin banana muffin recipes that are toddler-friendly
For toddler-friendly pumpkin banana muffins, you can try using whole wheat flour, adding mashed sweet potato or carrots, and reducing the amount of sugar. You can also try adding some applesauce or raisins for extra sweetness.
How to you store Banana Pumpkin Muffins?
If you plan to consume the muffins within a couple of days, you can store them at room temperature. Place them in an airtight container or wrap them in plastic wrap. This helps maintain their moisture and freshness.
If you need to store the muffins for a longer period, consider refrigerating them. Place them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bags.
To extend the muffins’ shelf life even further, freeze them. Wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap, then place them in a zip-top freezer bag. This prevents freezer burn and makes it easy to take out as many muffins as you need at a time.
When you’re ready to enjoy a frozen muffin, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. You can also gently reheat it in the microwave.
Looking for more amazing muffin recipes? Try more here:
- BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS
- OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- BAKERY STYLE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS
- PECAN PIE MINI MUFFINS
- BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN CORN MUFFINS
- COPYCAT COSTCO CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- LEMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- MUFFIN TIN CINNAMON ROLLS
- BROWN BUTTER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- PECAN PIE MINI MUFFINS
- UNDER 200 CALORIE DOUBLE FUDGE MUFFINS
- DOUBLE BERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS
Pumpkin Banana Muffins are a delicious and customizable treat that can be adapted to fit a variety of tastes and dietary needs. These banana bread muffins are a tasty and nutritious baked treat that can be enjoyed any time of day!