Pecan Pie Mini Muffins made with only 5 ingredients can be served as a side or a dessert! Tastes like pecan pie in the form of a bite sized muffin!
Even after trying these several times, I can’t decide if they taste more like muffins or pies, but either way, these Pecan Pie Mini Muffins are delicious! It only takes a few minutes to whip up these little treats, and they really are absolutely delicious.
These Pecan Pie Mini Muffins are the perfect side dish to serve at Thanksgiving. If you count them as a muffin alongside your dinner, that frees you up to eat more dessert later! And these mini muffins are so much easier to serve than pie – no slicing or dishing up required! Perfectly portioned so you can get your Pecan Pie fix in one little bite sized muffin.
PECAN PIE MINI MUFFINS
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins are made with brown sugar, flour, pecans, butter and eggs. Only five ingredients are needed to make these bite-sized muffins that taste like pecan pie. They work great as muffins for a side dish, or you can serve them as a warm dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
Ingredients in Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
Brown sugar – You’ll need one cup of brown sugar to provide all of the sweetness in these little treats.
Flour – All-purpose flour is what I use, but cake flour will work fine too.
Pecans – You’ll need a cup of chopped pecans. You can chop them up as much as you’d like – I prefer them to be decent-sized chunks but not too large, especially since you are putting them in such a small little treat!
Butter – Real butter works best. Make sure you melt the stick of butter before adding to the recipe.
Eggs – You will need 2 large eggs. Place them in a small bowl and beat them well with a fork or a whisk before adding to the muffin batter.
How to make Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine brown sugar, flour and pecans. Set aside.
Combine butter and eggs and mix well. Sir in flour mix until moistened.
Fill greased and floured mini muffin pans 2/3 full. (I like to use a small cookie scoop for this to make the process quick and less messy – plus, it makes all the muffins exactly the same size!)
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool and serve. Or serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs well-beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and pecans. Set aside.
- Combine butter and eggs and mix well. Sir in flour mix until moistened.
- Fill greased and floured mini muffin pans 2/3 full. (I like to use a small cookie scoop for this to make the process quick and less messy – plus, it makes all the muffins exactly the same size!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool and serve. Or serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
COOKIE SCOOP SIZES
I like to use a cookie scoop for making mini muffins because it truly does make the process of portioning out the muffin batter that much easier and even. That said, it’s good to note that there are 3 standard-sized cookie scoop sizes to be aware of.
Small cookie scoops- roughly the same amount as one heaping tablespoon.
Medium cookie scoops- measures 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter.
Large cookie scoop- this is about 4 tablespoons worth of batter.
The small scoop is the one that you will want to use for mini muffins – it portions out the exact right amount every time!
Can you make large muffins instead?
If you prefer large muffins, this recipe can be easily converted. You will be able to make about 12 large muffins from this recipe. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or grease and flour the pan. Use a medium or large cookie scoop to fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake the muffins at 350° for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How to grease a muffin pan
Imagine making some delicious muffins and then finding that they are impossible to get out of the pan because they are stuck. It’s the worst! There are a couple of ways to avoid this from ever happening.
- Use muffin liners. The easiest way to keep muffins from sticking to the pan is to use muffin liners. It makes clean up a lot easier too! If you don’t fill the muffins to overflowing, you may not even have to wash the pan when you’re done!
- Grease and flour the pan. Use regular cooking spray and then tap a thin layer of flour over the cooking spray. This is a lot easier with bread pans, but a little bit trickier with a mini muffin pan.
- Use baking spray. I love using Baker’s Joy Cake Pan Spray because it is essentially cooking spray with flour already mixed in it. It works so well for muffins, bundt cakes and all other baking!
Other recipes perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner (and dessert!):
- Best Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Creamy Cranberry Mousse
- Homemade Creamed Corn
- Pecan Pie Fudge
- Pumpkin Corn Muffins
- No Bake Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie
- Best Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Pomegranate Salad
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Easy 30-Minute Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Creamy Cranberry Salad
- Easy Smoked Turkey Breast
- Classic Roasted Turkey
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins made with only 5 ingredients can be served as a side or a dessert! Tastes like a pecan pie in the form of a bite sized muffin!