Enjoy a sip of these ice-cold patriotic red white and blue Italian cream sodas this holiday season. These drinks are easy to assemble and absolutely perfect for your fourth of July parties and celebrations.
We’re huge fans of Italian Cream Sodas at our house and make them often for festive occasions. I decided to make a blueberry-raspberry combination on a whim, and everyone went crazy over how amazing they tasted! As a bonus, they’re super festive as the drink naturally separates into red, white, and blue colors.
Patriotic Italian Cream Sodas
We have a lot of different Italian cream soda drink recipes on this blog, but this one is one of the more colorful drinks that we have to offer. With fun red and blue swirled together in every glass, you’ll love showing them off just as much as you’ll enjoy taking that next sip.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Italian cream sodas are perfect for celebrating. It’s perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or anytime you feel like being patriotic!
- Easy to make at home. You can have several homemade Italian cream sodas made in the convenience of your own kitchen in just a few moments and for a fraction of the price of going to the local coffee shop.
- You can customize every glass. Use strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, or blue raspberry and create a blend of different flavors that you’ll like.
Italian Cream Soda Ingredients
Club soda– This is a non-flavored carbonated drink you can find in the mixed alcohols section of your grocery store. This will give our drink some nice fizzy taste. You will only need about 1/2 cup of club soda per drink.
Torani syrups- You will need 4 tablespoons of Torani flavored syrup in total. This means 2 tablespoons of the blue colored syrup and 2 tablespoons of the red colored syrup. You can adjust the flavors to taste.
Half and half- you will need a creamy milk base like 3 tablespoons of half and half to make the drink a little more palatable.
Ice cubes- we want our drink nice and cold so add about 3-4 ice cubes per glass.
Toppings– for the toppings on your cup of patriotism, you’ll need some whipped cream and a cherry for garnish, but don’t forget the straw to serve the drink with!
How to Make Red, White & Blue Patriotic Italian Cream Sodas
Place the ice cubes into your pretty drinking glasses.
Add in the red colored syrup.
Measure out 1/2 cup of club soda and add it to the glass.
Pour in the necessary half and half.
Finally, add in the blue colored syrup but do not stir.
Top your cup with some whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Leave it layered as it is served, and serve it with a straw so that everyone can stir slightly as they’re drinking.
Where to Find Flavored Syrups
Years ago, it was difficult to find these syrups, now it seems you can find them everywhere! Most grocery stores only sell a few flavors- vanilla, caramel and sometimes strawberry. They’re found by the coffee section as they’re used to flavor coffee. I prefer to buy them at places like Home Goods, Gordmans, TJ Maxx, At Home, Cost Plus World Market, etc.
PATRIOTIC RED, WHITE and BLUE ITALIAN CREAM SODAS
- 1/2 cup Club Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Blueberry or Blue Raspberry Torani Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry or raspberry Torani Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Half & Half
- 3-4 ice cubes
- whipped cream and a cherry for the top!
- Add ice cubes to glasses.
- Add in red syrup.
- Measure out about 1/2 cup Club Soda and pour into each glass.
- Then add half & half. Finally, add in blue syrup. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Serve layered with a straw, so that everyone can stir slightly while drinking.
What Blue Syrup Works Best?
For blue, you can either buy the Torani Blue Raspberry or Jordan’s Skinny Blueberry Syrup, which is probably my most favorite tasting syrup of all time! I LOVE it.
What can I use instead of half and half?
If you don’t have half and half on hand, any other milk (or milk substitute) will work just fine. Use almond milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk, whole milk, or nonfat milk in place of the half and half. All of them will work well, and the only big difference is the fats added to the drink.
What is Italian soda called in Italy?
In other parts of the world you may find this drink referred to as a creamosa or a French soda, which just goes to show how so many names can describe a single recipe. Italian sodas are known world-wide for containing the three main ingredients- flavored syrup, ice, and soda. Beyond that, you can add in all kinds of different additions to make them more unique.
Check out these other great patriotic recipes to enjoy this season
- 4TH OF JULY DESSERTS
- RED WHITE AND BLUE 4TH OF JULY DESSERTS
- RED WHITE AND BLUE STAR KRISPIE TREATS
- TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE
- BLUEBERRY JELLO SALAD
- FESTIVE RED, WHITE AND BLUE CAKE
- SWIRLED RED, WHITE & BLUE COOKIE BARS
- BEST MEMORIAL DAY BBQ RECIPES
- RED WHITE AND BLUE PASTA SALAD
- PATRIOTIC LAYERED JELLO SALAD
- STRAWBERRY TRES LECHES CAKE
- 4TH OF JULY CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Sip in style this year with this tasty patriotic Italian soda recipe. With layers of red white and blue in every glass, these drinks are almost too cute to drink.
We love Italian Cream Sodas and this Patriotic Version turned out so Festive. Pinned. Thank you for sharing at A Round Tuit.
Congratulations on the Feature on Funtastic Friday. You deserved it. These Italian Sodas are so cute and yes we tried them and they were wonderful!!!