Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake made with cream cheese, oranges, whipped topping and orange juice! Simple & creamy no-bake cheesecake recipe with a lovely citrus flavor!
Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is a wonderful dessert that’s perfect any time of the year. Oranges are a winter fruit so it could just as easily grace those holiday tables as it would look amazing at a BBQ in summer. With this refreshing, tangy, rich, and creamy cheesecake you’re going to have a wonderful time no matter where you present it.
What is Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake?
It’s a wonderful combination of refreshing orange and cream flavors. We all love that combination of orange and cream in ice cream and other treats like my orange cream cookies. But, this pie is among my top 3 favorite ways to combine the two. With a graham cracker cookie crust, a rich cheesecake filling, canned mandarin oranges, and gelatin we get flavorful and easy to make no-bake dessert pie that looks and tastes like a ray of sunshine.
-Graham cracker crust: You can make your own or do as I do and buy a premade graham cracker crust from the store to save time (and effort).
-Hot water: 1/4 cups of this hot water will help to activate the gelatin needed in this pie.
-Unflavored gelatin: Helping us to create a little more stability in our pie, this gelatin will make the pie firmer, without baking.
-Cream cheese: We need 8 ounces (one brick) of softened cream cheese to get that cheesecake flavor we want.
-Vanilla: We need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to help make this pie more incredible.
Orange juice: Adding orange flavor throughout the pie is 1/3 cup of your favorite orange juice.
-Cool Whip: We need 8 ounces (one tub) of Cool Whip. This will make the pie fluffier.
-Canned oranges: We need 2 small cans of mandarin oranges (drained well) to help go inside the pie and to top it off when it’s done too.
In a bowl, combine the hot water and gelatin, whisking until well mixed, and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it’s smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Add the orange juice to the gelatin mixture and then whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, combine the gelatin mixture with the cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth.
Add in the Cool Whip and 1 can of drained mandarin oranges.
Mix them together using a rubber scraper until everything is combined.
Pour the orange cream filling into your prepared graham cracker crust.
Immediately place it in the fridge for about 4 hours until solid. Note that you can stick it in the freezer to speed up the process, just defrost it prior to serving.
Garnish with additional mandarin oranges. Enjoy!
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE
- 1 9" graham cracker crust
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 8- oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 8- oz whipped topping
- 22 oz mandarin oranges two 11-oz cans, drained well
- Combine the hot water and the gelatin and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add orange juice to the gelatin mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice/gelatin mixture with the cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the Cool Whip and 1 can of the mandarin oranges. Mix using a rubber scraper until everything is combined.
- Pour mixture into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, until solid. (If you want to speed up this process, feel free to put it in the freezer. Just defrost it prior to serving.
- Garnish with remaining mandarin oranges.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
CAN YOU REPLACE THE COOL WHIP?
Cool Whip is the best “whipped topping” to use in this recipe. However, if you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add in the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high until mixture is smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 days.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster: use a metal bowl and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
Can I freeze orange creamsicle cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze this no-bake cheesecake. Freeze on a baking sheet for several hours, then cover & wrap securely, then freeze for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge overnight or defrost on the counter for a few hours.
How long is no bake orange cheesecake good for?
This pie is good for about 3-4 days in the fridge, so make sure to eat it sooner rather than later. Also, make sure to keep it well covered so that it tastes fresh.
More No Bake Desserts You’re Going to Love!
- Peaches and Cream Pie
- Mini Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Oreo Cake
- No Bake Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Reeses Krispie No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Smores Bars
- No Bake M&M Peanut Butter Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake
- No Bake Cranberry Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Bars
- Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Apple Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies