Honey cream cheese croissants made with just 4 ingredients in minutes! Light & flavorful crescent rolls baked with cream cheese and drizzled with honey!
If you’re looking for a fast recipe that hardly requires any time or ingredients, it’s these honey crescent rolls! Seriously, these are one of the best crescent roll dessert recipes with cream cheese we’ve tried. And you’ll love how easy they are to make!
Why you’ll love these Crescent Rolls:
- Using store-bought refrigerated crescent rolls makes these treats come together FAST!
- The recipe calls for just a few ingredients! 3-4, that’s it!
- They’re pretty! And they look fancy! No one will be able to tell that they’re so simple to make.
Honey Cream Cheese Croissant Ingredients
–CREAM CHEESE: You’ll need 4 oz cream cheese, which is half a block. It does need to be softened, so you can either unwrap it and put in the microwave for 20 seconds, or keep it in the foil and wrap it with a clean washcloth that you’ve run under hot water for a minute or so then rung out the excess water. Both work well!
— HONEY: We add 3 TBSP honey to the cream cheese and bake it inside the crescent rolls. You can also drizzle additional honey on top! I’ve been enjoying Manuka honey lately!
— CRESCENT ROLLS: You just need one 8-ct roll of crescent rolls. These are found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
–ALMONDS: I love topping my crescents with sliced almonds. Let the rolls cool a bit after they’re baked, then drizzle with honey and sprinkle on a few almonds. Pretty!
How to Make Honey Cream Cheese Croissants
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk together the soft cream cheese and honey. You can microwave the cream cheese for about 15-20 seconds to soften it.
Unroll the crescent dough and then separate it into 8 triangles. Lay them flat.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese/ honey mixture onto each triangle and then gently spread it out a bit.
Starting at the wide end of the triangle, loosely begin rolling the dough up, ending at the point. Even if the rolls look a little messy, don’t worry, baking tends to iron out those imperfections.
You can leave the rolls as-is, or you can slightly turn the ends in, so they’re more croissant shaped.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the rolls are a golden brown.
Let cool slightly. Drizzle each roll with a little additional honey and then sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired.
How do you Soften Cream cheese?
Here in the US, cream cheese comes in an 8-oz brick wrapped in foil packaging. Most recipes call for softened cream cheese, which can be done in a few different ways:
- Microwave it! Just 20 seconds or so in the microwave will sufficiently soften cream cheese. Be sure to remove the foil packaging first and to place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Hot towel wrap! This is what I tend to do most often. All you do is get a clean kitchen rag, get it soaking wet with hot water, then ring it out quickly and wrap the hot towel around the foil package of cream cheese. It takes just a few minutes and it’s softened!
- Let it sit out! If you can plan ahead, the absolute easiest way to soften cream cheese is just to let it sit on the counter for an hour or two. Easy!
Honey Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 TBSP honey
- 8 oz crescent rolls
- ¼ cup sliced almonds for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate the 8 triangles.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and the honey.
- Spoon about 1 TBSP of the cream cheese/ honey mixture onto each triangle. Gently spread the mixture out a bit.
- Starting at the wide end of the triangle, begin loosely rolling the dough up, ending at the point.
- You can leave the rolls as-is, or you can slightly turn the ends in, so they're more croissant shaped.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until rolls are golden brown.
- Let cool a few minutes. Drizzle each roll with a little additional honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How Long Are Stuffed Crescent Rolls Good For?
Baked crescent rolls like this are best eaten immediately. The cream cheese filling inside as well as the honey drizzle on the outside just render them a bit soggy when you attempt to store them and reheat them.
What Type of Honey Should I Use?
You can use any honey variety from raw to pasteurized. Even honey substitutes would work great in this recipe! If you’d rather use agave or a low-sugar alternative, you can!
Can I Make These Dairy Free?
You can! Pillsbury crescent rolls are dairy free, and you can find a vegan cream cheese option to use in this recipe thanks to your local grocery store!
More Crescent Roll recipes:
- JELLY FILLED CRESCENT ROLLS
- SAUSAGE CRESCENT ROLLS
- RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT RING
- STRAWBERRY CRESCENT ROLLS
- ORANGE BREAKFAST CRESCENTS
- ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLLS
- CHEESY BACON CRESCENTS
If you’re looking for an easy to follow recipe that tastes great and takes minimal time in the kitchen, then you’re going to love these honey cream cheese croissants!