I was watching The Food Network one day on TV and saw The Pioneer Woman make this super easy Apple Tart. I’ve had it on my list of recipes for ages and finally decided to put it together. I love how simple the recipe is, yet the results look very elegant. I altered the recipe to allow for more caramel sauce, which I thought really took the flavor to a different level. Add puff pastry to your grocery list and give it a try!
What is a caramel apple tart?
Easy Caramel Apple Tart Ingredients
How to Make Caramel Apple Tart
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Place your thawed puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
Peel your apples if desired or leave the peels on to add some color to this dessert. I think it tastes better without the peels, but you have to admit the bursts of color look nice.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half a box)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 whole apple, cored, halved and sliced
- Store-bought caramel sauce, for serving
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- Prepare the apple and peel or don't peel depending on preferences.
- Add the sugar, salt and lemon juice to the apples. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Arrange the apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. I drizzled a small amount of caramel on the apples before baking- think about 1 TBSP- and try to not go near the edges of the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the puffed pastry rectangle onto a baking pan that's been sprayed with nonstick spray or lined with parchment paper. The pastry unfolds into 3 sections- I cut one section off and added it to the bottom of the other 2 sections to allow for my long, rectangular baking dish. Shape the pastry into some form of square/ rectangle, depending on what type of baking dish you use.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Drizzle more caramel sauce on top and finish with chopped pecans. I think it'd be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well! Enjoy!
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s Quick & Easy Apple Tart
What to serve with caramel apple tart?
I think this tart would taste fantastic with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping! Serving it alongside some vanilla custard is also a great idea for making it feel more like a full-rounded dessert too.
Can I use salted caramel?
Salted caramel is always okay in my books! I would recommend using a tart apple such as a granny smith if you plan to use a salted caramel as this pairs better with the flavor contrast.
How long is caramel apple tart good for?
You can store leftover tart in an airtight or covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days Keep in mind that the longer it rests, the more soggy the puff pastry may become as a result. This tart is also best when served fresh or warm, so try to keep the leftovers minimal.
Check out these other apple dishes you’ll want to try!
- Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- Glazed Apple Walnut Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Best Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- Caramel Apple Bark
- Apple Pie Quick Bread
- Frosted Applesauce Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Pie Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars
- Apple Banana Bread
- Glazed Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Dutch Apple Bread
An easy caramel apple tart is exactly what we need sometimes. With this 7 ingredient dish we can enjoy a tasty high-class feeling treat any time we want.