Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta made with garlic, butter, broth & simple seasonings for an easy, flavorful dinner! This parmesan pasta is packed with many delicious flavors, the rich butter and creamy texture make for a delightful meal every time.
This garlic parmesan pasta is made from scratch and has the wonderful flavors of cheese and garlic in every bite. Making this creamy garlic pasta sauce is a lot easier than you may think and it does not require very many ingredients either.
Creamy Cheesy Garlic Pasta
This pasta recipe is a family favorite and especially mine because it is so quick and easy to throw together. In about the same amount of time that it takes to boil and cook the noodles, you can make a wonderful garlic parmesan cream sauce for the pasta. So in about 15 minutes from start to finish you’ll have a full pot of delicious creamy pasta ready for dinner. Then add in some chicken for a full meal or serve it up with some simple vegetables, it is sure to be a huge hit either way! Such a great meal for any busy night of the week.
Why you’ll love this easy creamy garlic pasta dish
- It is SO easy to make. We use great ingredients in this pasta recipe to make it taste truly perfect. From the rich butter, to the simple seasonings, some or most of the ingredients may already be in your kitchen!
- 30 minutes or less. With little prep work and a fast cook time, you can easily have this recipe completed in about 30 minutes or less. It usually takes me closer to 20-25 minutes. This is perfect for a faster paced night or one where you don’t want to be standing for too long.
- It’s vegetarian. With no meats added to this dish, it is great to serve up to vegetarian guests. But you can always go an extra step and add in some cooked chicken to turn this simple side dish into a filling meal.
Garlic Parmesan Pasta Ingredients
Pasta: You will need one 16-ounce box of Rotini pasta. You can use any other dry pasta shells of your choice like, penne, or ziti too.
Butter: Use ¼ cup of butter, this is half a stick. You can use salted or unsalted butter depending on what you have on hand, either way it will be delicious.
Garlic: For some incredible taste, use 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, this equates to 1 tsp each garlic clove. So if you are using a pre-minced packaged garlic you can use between 2-3 tsp depending on your garlic preference.
Flour: You need ¼ cup of all-purpose flour to thicken up the sauce up nicely.
Chicken broth: Use ¾ cups of chicken broth to help flavor the sauce and provide a great consistency too. Using low sodium options can be a bit healthier option.
Milk: Adding in ¾ cups of milk will make the sauce rich and creamy.
Salt: Use ½ teaspoon of salt to enhance the flavors in this pasta dish.
Pepper: You will need ½ teaspoon of ground pepper for this recipe.
Smoked paprika: To add a little more depth of flavor add in ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika.
Parmesan: You will need 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese to make this pasta taste incredible.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Prepare the pasta
Get the pasta cooking according to the package directions. You can get this process started while you are making the sauce or you can do each thing at a time.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain and set aside.
Next, in a large 12 inch skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
Once melted, add in the minced garlic and stir for one minute until fragrant.
Make the roux
After that, whisk in the flour until it creates a thick paste.
The, add in the chicken broth, a little at a time, while whisking continuously.
Next, pour in the milk and continue to whisk until smooth.
Proceed to whisk in the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika until well combined.
Cook on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened up a bit.
Now, add the parmesan cheese and whisk until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and lump free.
Then remove the skillet and sauce from the heat.
Once the sauce is ready, add your cooked pasta to the pan, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition to make sure that the pasta is evenly coated.
Serve hot, fresh and enjoy!
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN PASTA
- 16 oz Rotini pasta you can use other small shells like penne or ziti.
- ¼ cup butter ½ a stick
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced (I press them with garlic press but you can also mince them)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chicken broth Use low sodium for a healthier option
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Pasta: Get the pasta cooking according to the package directions. You can get this process started while you are making the sauce or you can do each thing at a time. When pasta is done cooking, drain and set aside.
- Sauté garlic: In a large skillet, or large saucepan (I used a 12 inch pan), melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Make the roux: After that, whisk in the flour until it creates a thick paste.
- The, add in the chicken broth, a little at a time, while whisking continuously. Next, pour in the milk and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Proceed to whisk in the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika until well combined. Cook on medium to low heat for about5 minutes or until sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Now, add the parmesan cheese and whisk until cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and lump free. Remove the skillet and sauce from the heat.
- Assemble: Once the sauce is ready, add your cooked pasta to the pan, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition to make sure that the pasta is evenly coated. Serve fresh and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What meats go well with garlic pasta?
This pasta recipe goes wonderfully with chicken breasts or even cooked sausage, it’s pretty versatile and can be served up with just about anything. This pasta recipe is the perfect one to be adapted with what ingredients you have available. It is the perfect complement to any protein.
How long will this pasta dish last in the fridge?
You can store and enjoy this dish for 2-5 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat you can put it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, depending on the serving size. Or you can put it in a pan and reheat it on the stove, maybe even add a little more milk and cheese to freshen up a little bit. Who doesn’t love more cheese anyway? With more milk you might want to add a little more salt and pepper to it too, a little at a time as to not over season.
How to add garlic to pasta
The garlic taste is a complement but not overpowering. I take a garlic press and press my garlic cloves ahead of time. This step is important as you don’t want to burn your garlic when warming them up in the butter. Doing it this way it will season the butter perfectly, then will have a nice, subtle garlic taste throughout the dish.
If everyone who will eat the dish loves garlic flavor, you can easily add 3 cloves of garlic. I also cut my garlic in half before pressing and removing the “vein” in the middle.
For example, I made the dish for my family a few times. I added 2 medium-size cloves. For us, it was enough, but my husband loves garlic, so he added some garlic powder to his plate.
Need more delicious pasta dinner recipes? Try these great ones!
- CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- SAUSAGE PEPPER PASTA
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- MEXICAN CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA BAKE
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- PASTA W/ GARLIC ROASTED VEGETABLES & (THE EASIEST) CREAM SAUCE (EVER)!
- TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- GRILLED ITALIAN CHICKEN & PASTA
- PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE
- SPINACH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
With this delicious made from scratch garlic parmesan sauce combined with rotini pasta, every bite is a delicious blend of flavors. This creamy garlic parmesan pasta recipe is an instant family favorite and you’ll soon want to enjoy it often!
Leave a Reply